Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Summer 4th Julyish MCO-CDG $300...+457 in taxes!

Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

I was very pleased to find a cheap ticket for a relative flying Orlando to Paris this summer and then shocked to find the ticket cost $300 and the taxes are $457! Still $757 is way less than anything else I saw out there. The airlines must hate these taxes even more than we do.

It's BA between MCO and LGW, then Vueling under a BA codeshare to CDG and back. One other twist is that the LGW-MCO return is an IB codeshare.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:33 pm

If I pull this itinerary up in the Matrix it appears as if 300$ of the 450$ is actually a fuel surcharge and not a tax.

Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm sure it is fuel surcharge. It just shows as government taxes and imposed fees on the invoice. I wonder if I should have tried a fuel dump?

Ticket Base Fare 300.00
Gov't Taxes/Airline Imposed Fees 449.51

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.