Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

LAX-SIN RT for 315.00 AI

LAX-SIN RT for 315.00 AI

Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by jetsflier
Per this link to American's site, EQD on 'O' fares is equivalent to 10% of the distance flown (in this case, 17,000 miles).
A bit off topic, but here it goes:

I don’t fly American that much, so I hadn’t paid that much attention, but I don’t get why they call it EQD when it has nothing to do with D and everything g to do with M?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Possibly 10%, May post with the actual fare info passed in which it would earn very little as usual.
Originally Posted by FLA77

A bit off topic, but here it goes:

I don’t fly American that much, so I hadn’t paid that much attention, but I don’t get why they call it EQD when it has nothing to do with D and everything g to do with M?
In cases where the fare information is not passed on, its an alternate way to calculate spend in its absence. Many programs are like that now. For instance DL & UA, partner flights are awarded as a percent of the fare.

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 2, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Tblack15
"exclusive" = "glitch"?
I paid $357 round trip on AA for HKG-LAS earlier this year and $330 on JL LAX-SIN last year. I don’t consider this anything other than a good sale deal for this route due to carrier competition.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

I paid $357 round trip on AA for HKG-LAS earlier this year and $330 on JL LAX-SIN last year. I don’t consider this anything other than a good sale deal for this route due to carrier competition.
the carrier isn’t offering it, fareboom is. How did your flights post mileage?
thanks for sharing your experiences as this lends credibility to the fare!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
LAX-HKG is $414.
I found 5th to 9th Mai.

Looks like AA YR surcharge (YR) is missing at fareboom.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA

OP said "exclusive to fareboom" as it wasn't pricing out on AA or Google Flights. I've paid $300 to fly to SIN too, but booked on UA's site.

You really think AA called up fareboom and said "we'll give you an exclusive on this"?

Just looked at the most recent poster's itin: 5-9 May LAX-HKG is $545 on ITA Matrix. YR is $114. I'm not saying good fares aren't good fares, I'm saying this one is an OTA glitch.
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Last edited by Tblack15; Apr 4, 2018 at 5:58 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tblack15
OP said "exclusive to fareboom" as it wasn't pricing out on AA or Google Flights. I've paid $300 to fly to SIN too, but booked on UA's site.

You really think AA called up fareboom and said "we'll give you an exclusive on this"?

Just looked at the most recent poster's itin: 5-9 May LAX-HKG is $545 on ITA Matrix. YR is $114. I'm not saying good fares aren't good fares, I'm saying this one is an OTA glitch.
No way would fareboom have an exclusive on this fare...Which is too low !
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
My receipt displays on prefunds.aa.com and the math doesn’t add up to what I spent on my ticket.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Anyone see any later dates in May/June or in second half of 2018?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:57 am

What a weird mapping. Q fare basis, O fare class mapped to the itinerary. There is no O fare basis at all in LAX-SIN route.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Was able to price $388 with stopovers in both Hong Kong and Tokyo. Looks like only April/May available at the $311 price point.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA
My receipt displays on prefunds.aa.com and the math doesn’t add up to what I spent on my ticket.
That's strange. I looked at my receipt and it does not show any dollar amounts.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE, A3*G, AA-EP, UA*S,
Also checked my ticket and the fare/taxes are blank there.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
PEOPLE Who cares just book and go have fun. Maybe it posts maybe it doesn't. Don't want to take the risk it earns 0, don't book.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by sammybk
Was able to price $388 with stopovers in both Hong Kong and Tokyo. Looks like only April/May available at the $311 price point.
How did you manage to get the layovers, I tried multicity search but that annihilates the $311 price

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.