Search

$500 RT SFO-VCE/FCO on LX/LH End of Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
$500 RT SFO-VCE/FCO on LX/LH End of Schedule

/FCO
I was looking at ticket prices on Kayak for an end-of-schedule trip to Venice next winter. I found a RT SFO-ZRH-VCE on Kayak (through Vayama), entirely on Swiss Airlines, for $501. The outbound is on 5/15/2019, and the return on 5/24/2019. These seem like pretty good prices for a U.S. west coast to central europe flight (my apologies if they are not actually that good . . . . ), and so I went ahead and bought the tix.

There is a similar deal SFO to FCO (Rome). And similar deals, but slightly more expensive, to these two cities on Lufthansa airlines. I did not check other dates or cities, so do not know how much flexibility is built into this deal.

The deal does not show up on Google flights or ITAMatrix.
Out of curiousity, I checked the Vayama website directly after-the-fact, and they say to call them for a price of $485. I guess I should have done that instead of using Kayak to book. :-) But if there is any interest, I will report back when I have the email confirm from Kayak/Vayama with ticket numbers and record locator.
vg247 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Confused. We can't book flights for May 2019 yet?

My guess is you meant March.. but based on my quick research here, not sure you're going to get it to ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Confused. We can't book flights for May 2019 yet?

My guess is you meant March.. but based on my quick research here, not sure you're going to get it to ticket.
Ooops, The dates of my booking were 2/15/2019 to 2/24/2019. Sorry about that.. And I did get a confirm with ticket numbers and record locator by email within two hours of my purchase on Kayak. Went to Swiss Air site last night and pulled up the record and chose my seat assignments. Well, actually, I had to pay $29 each for the advance seat assignments, bringing the total cost of each RT ticket to $530. The tickets booked into economy fare code K, and include one free checked bag. So, all in all, I am happy with this.
12Mermaids likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.