Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Stockholm to Austin, SAS , 12 Mar 2018. €60 one-way /€100 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Stockholm to Austin, SAS , 12 Mar 2018. €60 one-way /€100 return

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:27 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Anyone able to do a roundtrip flight from Austin? I booked a one way, but would love to get back to USA for cheap also
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:49 pm

I was able to buy the one-way for $100 out of Austin. I'll probably travel a bit and look for a cheap one way back out of southern Europe. Prefer not to use my miles. I'll keep an eye out for hotel mistakes. Please let me know if you see any great deals throughout Europe! Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:05 pm

For a cheap one way back to the US either use miles or check out Norwegian/Wow Air. Norwegian is a step above WOW, and they should have some sub $200 one way flights available in March.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:52 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by B747forever
For a cheap one way back to the US either use miles or check out Norwegian/Wow Air. Norwegian is a step above WOW, and they should have some sub $200 one way flights available in March.
I found a OW on Norwegian for $142. Why is Norwegian better than WOW? Never flown either b4
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I found a OW on Norwegian for $142. Why is Norwegian better than WOW? Never flown either b4
With Norwegian you get to bring a full sized carry on free of charge, you get at least water free of charge on board and the majority of the TATL routes are flown with the 787 which are fitted with PTVs loaded with free content. WOW charges for everything except a small backpack and you will be flying on an A321 across the pond.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
AUS to ARN is gone.

Still available from ARN.

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Anyone able to do a roundtrip flight from Austin? I booked a one way, but would love to get back to USA for cheap also
Not possible from AUS since that would be the return flight. Even earlier today, when both ARN-AUS and AUS-ARN had still been available, it had to be purchased as two one-ways in order to get special fares.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Not dead yet. Just booked an AUS-ARN on 3/12 at $97.40
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
At this price if I was free I would've booked just for an MR or even just to get the lines.

What's the deal with this route? Is it a one off for a convention or something?

If someone knows the answer to that, maybe they can explain the LOT deals that come up at random, it's always 1-way from Warsaw to a random place they don't usually serve. Are these vacation charters that have spare seats? Or what's up with them?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
At this price if I was free I would've booked just for an MR or even just to get the lines.

What's the deal with this route? Is it a one off for a convention or something?

If someone knows the answer to that, maybe they can explain the LOT deals that come up at random, it's always 1-way from Warsaw to a random place they don't usually serve. Are these vacation charters that have spare seats? Or what's up with them?
This one's for SXSW.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:48 am

Anyone have some tips on a cheap route back from AUS to LON (any).

I can still pull up the ARN-AUS €83 12th March. Lookong at booking but cant see anything cheap to come back.

New to posting but not to reading, have capitalised on several error fares etc.

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by DSG1000

I can still pull up the ARN-AUS €83 12th March. Lookong at booking but cant see anything cheap to come back.

Thanks for any help!
Norwegian will start nonstop AUS-LGW at the end of March. Currently selling one way tickets for about $200. Otherwise check Norwegian’s website for the cheapest US city back to LGW on your desired date and book a separate domestic flight to catch that flight.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by DSG1000

Thanks for any help!
There are several nice roundtrip fares out of ARN back to the US -- for instance ARN-SFO/EWR/LAX is only $300-320 for most dates. Obviously you don't have to take the second flight but this comes out quite cheap as well.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I just booked the ARN-AUS flight for three of us on Travelocity for $164 each. Now I'm looking for a cheap way to get to Europe from AUS on March 7, 8 or 9th. Any ideas besides using points?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:16 pm

Newbie here. With this mileage run, what exactly are you guys trying to achieve? Something like Gold/Platinum status or miles that can be used for your other upcoming travel?

Another (stupid) question I always have is what do you do for a living to be able to manage to get so many work-off days?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by torrentkid
Newbie here. With this mileage run, what exactly are you guys trying to achieve? Something like Gold/Platinum status or miles that can be used for your other upcoming travel?

Another (stupid) question I always have is what do you do for a living to be able to manage to get so many work-off days?
Both status and redeemable miles. For frequent flyer programs without a spend requirement, mileage runs are considered as a cheap way of getting status and padding your miles for future redemption.

Mileage runs are generally immediate turnarounds, so they can be done over a weekend for those without PTOs (or would like not to burn PTOs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.