Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Per the mods, the Mileage Run Deals forum is only for posting/discussing active deals. If you were looking for the previous mega-thread including suggestions on things to do in Singapore etc. and peripheral stuff related to the SIN MR but not directly having to do with fares or booking it, that thread can still be found in the Mileage Run Discussion forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html

In addition, discussions about DL and SkyMiles including recent program changes can be found in the Delta forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/

Questions/advice about Singapore as a destination can be found in the Singapore forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
Smile New Fares (not as good now) and comments

Sorry for the delay in responding to some of your questions. Have had some enjoyable time in HNL visiting family. Will first post some fares which are not particularly good from IAH SIN thru DTW ATL MSP INC NRT and give you approximately 21,000 - 21,700 MQM if you go thru ATL both ways. The prices vary and are for 3 days out and back and will require a 1 night stay in SIN to get these fares, you can do in skip the overnite stay in SIN but that raises the price too high and I wouldn't even consider that though in the past I have done that many times. Basically the fares are lowest from now thru Jun 9-12 and than go up too high and come down again in Aug 11-14. Would anticipate lower fares in the fall and they should appear around last half of July and Aug but you have to keep checking and hopefully will go down into the $780 range and possibly lower but you have to keep checking. Flights on MU China Eastern are good for MQD if you go in J and you than get 40% of the mileage travelled as your MQD so you want to the lowest fare you can get and sometimes you will have to take positioning flights to get them. Have started.some MU flights in YVR and SIN which meant taking a positioning flight to those locations. That is the only way I am able to get $15,000 MQD as I don't fly enough or have a business to pay for my fares in J. It also give you a good boost to your MQM and SM if you fly in J. If you need help in finding those fares you might contact John at laptop travel who can provide some help. Flying on MU we get to see lot of PVG Shanghai and with a 5-6 hour layover you can go into town and do some shopping. The place I recommend is at the stop by the Science Museum. Great shopping but be prepared to bargain if you want the best prices. It takes about an hour to get there from the airport. Fare is only about $1 each way. Help support the Chinese economy! Here are the fares below and if you have any questions that aren't answered please let me know via a post or PM. The fares start in IAH and may go thru DTW ATL MSP INC NRT to SIN and usually return via any of the same cities with MQM as given above. Pick the cities that give you the lowest cost and the most miles for your $.

$933.03 May 6-9, 9-12, 10-13, 17-20, Aug 26-29, Sep 2-5, 4-7, 5-8, 6-9.
$938.43 Apr 7-10, 8-11, 16-19, 17-20, 22-25, May 7-10, 8-11, 9-12, 13-16, 14-17, 15-18, 16-19, 17-20, 18-21, 21-24, 22-15, 24-27, 26-29, 28-31, 29-Jun 1, 2-5, Aug 19-22, 20-23, 21-24, 22-25, 23-26, 24-27, 27-30, 28-31, Sep 1-4
$943.83 Apr 17-20, 21-24, May 11-4, 19-22, 20-23, 23-26, 30-Jun 2, May 31-Jun3 1-4, 3-6, 4-7, 5-8, 6-9. 8-11, 9-12 Aug 9-12, 10-13,11-14, 12-15, 13-16, 18-21
$978.83 Apr 23-26, 28-May 1

Safe and Happy Travels and keep your questions and comments coming. In the fall be sure get your Flu shot.
Blessings to all readers and posters and keep the questions and comments coming. Have to look for some more MR as we aren't going to DEL and TLV this year.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RNatlDLgal
Hi Csfing1! Wow, let me say 'Thank you" for all of your wonderful knowledge sharing. I have two questions.
1. When finding a China Eastern fare such as the above, where have you searched to find this fare?
2. How do you calculate MQMs to be earned for a trip?

Thanks again for all of your help!
(I get my flu shot every year.)
My apologies for not seeing this sooner and responding to your inquiry. My China Eastern fares were obtained from a friend and colleague - John, at Laptop Travel, is the one who helped me plan my trips and itinerary. I would tell him the times that I am able to travel and ask him to see what he could workout during those times and I would guess that alternatively if you have more freedom you could ask what are the best times to travel and go during those times. There is usually a positioning flight as he usually gets better fares from outside of the US. One of my flights originated in YVR Vancouver BC and another one started in SIN. My primary goal in these flights was to get the MQD up to $15,000 for DM and of course you usually get a good amount of MQM at the same time. Haven't decided on my strategy for this year whether to go the MQD way as last year or see if DL would give a waiver as they did last year. Will have to make a decision so that I have enough time to reach my goals. I have gone to the MU website and looked for prices but haven't found many good prices that way. It usually is faster for me to let John do it and compensate him for his assistance. If you have further questions let me know. Will be going to the UK in May for about 3.5 weeks for work and SIN in Dec and Jan for work as well - Wellness Programs. If anyone is interested in meeting during any of these trips and or when fares go down after Aug, can do a MR to SIN which is one of my favorite destinations in Asia as I have friends that I can stay with. Also like China and occasionally think about doing another tour group there, we have done 3 before but none for a few years. We had a great time. Keep travelling and stay healthy. If you have any more questions please let me know. Glad you got your Flu shot.
Be Healthy, Be Happy, Happy Travels and Blessings to all.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Dia, Marriott Plat
As for mileage calc, bonuses, etc. this is the easiest tool I have seen. MileCalc :: The Ultimate Mileage Calculator for Frequent Flyers
I was wondering for booking MU business does anyone know the best search site? Google flights is not that good with MU fares, MU site sucks for looking at a calendar for the best days to fly as they do not have even have a calendar option that I have seen? I know one board mentioned a site for business fares but cannot find it. I have done SIN MR many times but find better deals now to China IMO (although less miles) also high-end hotels China you can get way better values for a stayed trips than SIN right now, just get a 10 year visa always good to have in your passport for mileage runs China is not going anywhere and the market is only getting more competitive and if ever a slow down in the economy I cannot imagine the deals then.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments

It is true that it is challenging to find the best J fares on MU. The easiest way for me has been to contact John at laptoptravel.com and he has been the one to help me arrange my fares on MU. If you find any good ones let us know and post them. Keep the questions and comments coming. Low fares again in Sep and later.
Happy and Safe Travels. Blessings and Happy Easter to all. Have a Great Day and Super Week!
dcadwell likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Csfing1
It is true that it is challenging to find the best J fares on MU. The easiest way for me has been to contact John at laptoptravel.com and he has been the one to help me arrange my fares on MU. If you find any good ones let us know and post them. Keep the questions and comments coming. Low fares again in Sep and later.
Happy and Safe Travels. Blessings and Happy Easter to all. Have a Great Day and Super Week!
Thank you Csfing1. I am doing a lot of Asian flying now as well as booking great Mileage Runs for clients. China Eastern has been pretty stingy with those great Business Class fares that were earning 4, 5 even 6 MQD's per fare dollar spent! I think Delta put the hammer down on a lot of that.

But there are still great fares if you are quick and clever...

It is never too early to Mileage Run, Status Run, MQM or MQD Run !!!
Old May 8, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by laptoptravel
Thank you Csfing1. I am doing a lot of Asian flying now as well as booking great Mileage Runs for clients. China Eastern has been pretty stingy with those great Business Class fares that were earning 4, 5 even 6 MQD's per fare dollar spent! I think Delta put the hammer down on a lot of that.

But there are still great fares if you are quick and clever...

It is never too early to Mileage Run, Status Run, MQM or MQD Run !!!
Any good MQD runs out there right now? Got my MQM way up but lacking on MQD, and i missed out on the last fe rounds of great China Eastern fares....
Old May 8, 2019, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Any good MQD runs out there right now? Got my MQM way up but lacking on MQD, and i missed out on the last fe rounds of great China Eastern fares....
Personally I'd just keep an eye on the Premium Fare Deals forum looking for SkyTeam partner deals. Lots of AM/MU options if that's your bag, sometimes some AF/KL/VS stuff pops up.
ftfmdtw and Pocatello like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Zorak
Personally I'd just keep an eye on the Premium Fare Deals forum looking for SkyTeam partner deals. Lots of AM/MU options if that's your bag, sometimes some AF/KL/VS stuff pops up.
Agreed.

The AM (I-Fare) JFK-MEX-GUA deal is still (give or take a few bucks) available. I doubled it up as a multi-city and got >4x MDQ in business. Or there's VS LAX-LHR-JNB-LHR-LAX which is ~5.5x in Economy delight (V-Fare) but some long flights.

I do laugh a bit (at myself) when I fuss over not having at least PE while most of the plane on long-haul intl flights is stuck in the back. Then again they're headed somewhere, I'm just headed home even on the outbound leg.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Edit: I'm having trouble actually ticketing any of these flights (was specifically looking at September 13 - 15)

I'm seeing some $488 fares from JFK to SIN on MU in September. PVG-SIN leg in B class which is 1.5x MQM. Overall looking at about:
  • 21,855 MQMs
  • $1,682 MQDs
  • 8,410 Skymiles

Last edited by NYCroots; May 10, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by NYCroots
Edit: I'm having trouble actually ticketing any of these flights (was specifically looking at September 13 - 15)

I'm seeing some $488 fares from JFK to SIN on MU in September. PVG-SIN leg in B class which is 1.5x MQM. Overall looking at about:
  • 21,855 MQMs
  • $1,682 MQDs
  • 8,410 Skymiles
Have you tried booking it on Expedia.com? I am able to bring up the prices you mentioned but didn't go through the purchase process.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Have you tried booking it on Expedia.com? I am able to bring up the prices you mentioned but didn't go through the purchase process.
Was trying on the Chase travel portal (booking with UR) and kept getting messages that the flight sold out when trying to process the payment.

Looking at the ITA matrix site, it looks like some sort of caching issue - the flights are displayed at the $488 price on calendar view but then jumping up to $600+ when selecting specific flights.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta PM
Seeing some ~$1500 fares in PS ORD-SIN in September. Thinking I may jump on one of those, despite it not being the best of bargains. Looks to net just over 26K MQM.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Now Delta has lost Hong Kong, Bangkok & Singapore!

Also, pulling out of Narita!

Passing off all those routes to Korean Air and Chinese partners...

https://onemileatatime.com/delta-end...arita-flights/
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
Yeah. And, after I booked an ATL-SIN (return via NRT) just the other day for 9/24. About to get on the phone with DL.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by laptoptravel
Now Delta has lost Hong Kong, Bangkok & Singapore!

Also, pulling out of Narita!

Passing off all those routes to Korean Air and Chinese partners...

https://onemileatatime.com/delta-end...arita-flights/
Unbelievable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.