Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Per the mods, the Mileage Run Deals forum is only for posting/discussing active deals. If you were looking for the previous mega-thread including suggestions on things to do in Singapore etc. and peripheral stuff related to the SIN MR but not directly having to do with fares or booking it, that thread can still be found in the Mileage Run Discussion forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html

In addition, discussions about DL and SkyMiles including recent program changes can be found in the Delta forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/

Questions/advice about Singapore as a destination can be found in the Singapore forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
The wiki in the previous version of this thread has a bunch of collected wisdom (although some of it may be a bit dated at this point)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1427486
Not sure if it's just the FT mobile page being it's usual dysfunctional self but I get a completely blank page testing that link now, so just in case here's a link to the thread, where the wiki is at the top.

[FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
He who hesitates is lost. ...that would be me.
The cheap(ish) fare appears to be gone for the year. Maybe I will earn Gold next year.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by infinityplusone
The cheap(ish) fare appears to be gone for the year. Maybe I will earn Gold next year.
They might come back, keep an eye out. Also, FT MR motto: buy first, ask questions later you have the 24-hour risk free cancellation period to think things over.

(Side note, Delta's 24-hour policy is more generous than required in this regard -- on many carriers RFC only applies if booked 7+ days in advance -- I almost got bitten by this on a VS ticket booked at T-6d but luckily they were graciously understanding)
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
An additional side note, the law that leads to the 24 hour cancellation allows for another option (I think something like placing holds for 24 hours) that some airlines take in lieu of the 24 hour cancellation period, so it is a good idea to check the policy of each carrier before relying on this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
As others said. Book. Decide in 24 hours. Can always get full refund.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
Smile MR - Your last chance of the year if you need one buy now don't hesitate

$823.16 Dec 2-5 IAH DTW NRT SIN Best Fare - fare will be gone in a few days or hours as there are only a few seats left. Starting in DTW or ATL is significantly higher. You have to keep checking.
$917.13 Dec 4-7 - not as good a fare but is less than $1000. Run will give more or less 21,602 MQM thru DTW both ways, 66 more MQM back thru ATL if you need miles do it before they are gone. You have been told all year. You can't wait till the last min and expect to get a decent price. If anyone finds anything as good please post but I don't think you will do as well! Happy Travels, buy now, don't wait. Will have to take a positioning flight to IAH. Prices much higher leaving from DTW and ATL. Get your Flu Shot and your ticket before fare is gone!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

One left $823.33 Dec 2-5

If you need MQM get it before it is gone IAH DTW NRT SIN NRT DTW IAH 21,602 MQM. Goals achieved for DM 2019 with >15,000 MQD for both of us. Plan carefully for your MQM and MQD. If you need help contact Laptop travel. MU is a great way to go in J and I recommend it. Happy Thanksgiving to all our readers and Happy Travels! Get your Flu shot and avoid Romaine lettuce if you want to stay well. Be very careful with prepackaged salads. Store food at correct temp and practice good food sense! Blessings to all and Keep
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Is this the end of SIN MRs on Delta?

I see that Delta is pushing JFK-ICN-SIN flights. It’s looks like they have all but phased out C+ routes to NRT on SIN routings. Am I just unlucky in the dates I’m using or is this a trend?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by McMichaelNY
I see that Delta is pushing JFK-ICN-SIN flights. It’s looks like they have all but phased out C+ routes to NRT on SIN routings. Am I just unlucky in the dates I’m using or is this a trend?
Just fly out of LGA or EWR instead. Same pricing and double-connect DL flights. ATL-NRT still has 777 with C+ (although not for much longer). And NRT-SIN 763's have C+. C+ is not much better than a bulkhead or exit row anyway. They have as much legroom or more and same level of service. C+ just has couple more inches of recline which is not that noticeable in my opinion.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 15, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

C+

If you fly thru ATL SEA MSP PDX LAX there is C+
We just made trip thru SEA both out and back it was 767 but we got UG on 3/4 sectors using GUC Only seg we missed out was SIN-NRT in return. Got UG on all other legs to J. We did have C+ on all legs. We have both qualified for DM next year getting adequate MQD 15,000+ with help from John at laptop travel. Most of MQD runs were on MU in J which is a great way to travel with attentive and helpful FA and great food. Start planning now for next year..Blessings and Merry Christmas to all readers. Give yourself a Christmas present of a MR or MQDR next year! 🙂 🤗 🙂

Last edited by Csfing1; Dec 16, 2018 at 5:48 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Csfing1
If you fly thru ATL SEA MSP PDX LAX there is C+
We just made trip thru SEA boTh out and back it was 767 but we got UG on 3/4 sectors using GUC Only seg we missed out was SIN-NRT in return. Got UG on all other legs to J. We did have C+ on all legs. We have both quality for DM next year getting adequate MQD 15,000 + with help from John at laptop travel. Start planning now for next year..Blessings and Merry Christmas to all readers
I think you missed previous posters main point. The coach fares out of JFK through those cities are no longer available. DL has pulled them and the only options to get to SIN are on partners now. However, they are still there out of LGA/EWR. But the number of connecting options out of those cities is more limited (DTW/ATL). Note that the MSP flight goes to HND, not NRT. Also DL, is removing C+ from the 777's as it refurbs them and adds PE. The 777's out of ATL to NRT will no longer have C+ shortly (in a couple of months).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Also DL, is removing C+ from the 777's as it refurbs them and adds PE. The 777's out of ATL to NRT will no longer have C+ shortly (in a couple of months).
They've reversed that -- latest news in the 777 refit thread is that the most recent refurbs *will* have both C+ and PS. See post 332 onward:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post30531017
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

GUC and Flu shot

Don’t waste on PS use for M1. FA on DL in J have improved and they are almost as good as those on MU. Either one is very very good. Happy Travels. Get your flu shot, the life you save could be yours! Had some friends who didn’t take them and last year the both got flu and wife almost died. Nosy me asked, did you get the flu shot? Answer was no. Asked, are you going to get it this year? Yes!! I kept checking and they did get their shots. I recognize that some readers don’t like or believe in them but they save lives and it could be yours. Also important for children over 6 months age. A significant number of deaths were in those who had no medical problems that increase their risk. I don’t want to lose any readers! 🙂
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Csfing1
Don’t waste on PS use for M1. FA on DL in J have improved and they are almost as good as those on MU. Either one is very very good. Happy Travels. Get your flu shot, the life you save could be yours! Had some friends who didn’t take them and last year the both got flu and wife almost died. Nosy me asked, did you get the flu shot? Answer was no. Asked, are you going to get it this year? Yes!! I kept checking and they did get their shots. I recognize that some readers don’t like or believe in them but they save lives and it could be yours. Also important for children over 6 months age. A significant number of deaths were in those who had no medical problems that increase their risk. I don’t want to lose any readers! 🙂
I came down with the flu in SIN last Tuesday, my last day there. I'm just now starting to feel better. I did NOT get my flu shot this year.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Some great deals from LAX to SIN using MU March 21 to March 24= $464 20K MQM, 11,200 RDM = 2.3cpm.

Trip includes 6 hours layover in PVG in both directions. Also SIN PVG books into B in both direction.

I used Matrix to find this deal.
Pocatello likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.