Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2018!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2018 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by mbl0687
Got BOS - ZAG for $291 from 2/7-2/11 on BA
Which OTA? No tricks?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I found it. CheapOAir is the OTA, fares on some dates can also be found on OneTravel.

I don't trust these OTAs, so I think I'll pass. It's a fuel dumped mistake fare.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I've had no issues booking this kind of thing before. Cheapoair has worked just fine for me in the past. Some of the sketchier OTAs I've been ticketed then had a call saying "oh actually it's $$$ more so your option is to take that or refund" in which case I've just refunded.

I would've bought one of these from SEA, but I have no status with Oneworld and my experience flying BA in the past was fine, but unremarkable so I don't feel the need to fly them again and also I read on a blog post these are hand baggage only...which I HOPE cheapoair is explaining, cuz that's my fear with all basic economy etc, that OTAs won't let people sufficiently know. I don't really wanna go to Croatia for a week with 6kg allowance. I can travel carry on only, but in these basic economy/handbag only type things that's not usually allowed so I'll pass.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
CheapOAir doesn't make it obvious that it's an HBO fare, but if you look hard enough, it's there.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I would've bought one of these from SEA, but I have no status with Oneworld and my experience flying BA in the past was fine, but unremarkable so I don't feel the need to fly them again and also I read on a blog post these are hand baggage only...which I HOPE cheapoair is explaining, cuz that's my fear with all basic economy etc, that OTAs won't let people sufficiently know. I don't really wanna go to Croatia for a week with 6kg allowance. I can travel carry on only, but in these basic economy/handbag only type things that's not usually allowed so I'll pass.
I'm UK based so unsure of ex-US policies on BA but...

BA don't offer handbag only fares for BOS-ZAG - BOS-LHR yes, but I havn't seen through fares not offering 23kgs checked minimum.

BOS-LHR sure... but not for connecting flights. And I assume this would have to be sold as one ticket?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I've had no issues booking this kind of thing before. Cheapoair has worked just fine for me in the past. Some of the sketchier OTAs I've been ticketed then had a call saying "oh actually it's $$$ more so your option is to take that or refund" in which case I've just refunded.

I purchased this last night from LAX on Expedia. The ticket was issued on OU stock, but most flights are on BA (with the added bonus of our return flight on a 747 - I hope that doesn't change). Expedia showed that a carry-on would be allowed during the booking process and viewing the reservation on BA confirms that.

1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 40 x 30 x 15cm / 16 x 12 x 6in)
plus
1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)

A checked bag, up to 23kg, is $60.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...age-allowances
aircam likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
All posts related to the JFK-NBO fare have been moved here:

[FARE GONE] KE: JFK-NBO $242

Please continue any discussion there.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Page not found
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by satish_ny

Page not found
Found just fine by my browser

If all else fails, go to MR Discussion subforum and look for the thread there. That too works.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
West Coast-Barcelona $340+

Looks like UA is running a random Nonstop to Barcelona from SFO on 27FEB and prices are pretty low from the west Coast.

SAN-BCN $523 https://goo.gl/flights/rnsgD

SFO-BCN $397 https://goo.gl/flights/bXm2M

DEN-BCN $522 https://goo.gl/flights/6cJz9
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by jolan560
Looks like UA is running a random Nonstop to Barcelona from SFO on 27FEB and prices are pretty low from the west Coast.
This is specifically for the Mobile World Congress.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
AA: MSP - ZRH, $344 RT, basic economy, April dates

A cheap way to get to Europe on AA, MSP - ZRH, one stop via PHL, $344 RT. I checked various dates in April, fare seems for Tuesday departures, others slightly higher.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:25 pm

YYJ->YLW

Jan 6, Victoria YYJ to Kelowna YLW nonstop oneway on Air North at CAD 123.xx all incl.

This is a very good deal in high travel season and includes 2 pieces of checked luggage for free.
No miles to be earned.

Book at flyairnorth.com
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:07 pm

Lh/lx/ua/ac - $271 usd

Looks like * is starting to get the message that we Europeans and ex-pats are getting sick and tired of these expensive $300 USD return k fares ex-Europe:N.B. this books into Economy Basic which for us UA heads means 50% milage. If you do enough running and milage isn't top priority then no big deal. Otherwise expect to add another $75-$100 USD to get a normal k fare

-James
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:17 pm

Doesn't match the criteria of a Y MR, but certainly a great deal from Canada:

YVR -> HKG for $636 CAD roundtrip:
  1. Find the date you like on Google flights (numerous $691 fares filed on AC metal during 2019): https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...61*2.CAD.69061
  2. Once you find a date that works, head over to AC's website and use the offer code on the homepage to take 15% off the base fare which brings the cost down to $636 CAD roundtrip

Looks like AC is bringing back the yellow stripe special!

-James
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:25 pm

Whilst this doesn't count as a strict MR deal based on the CPM of 4.7 CAD CPM, it may be worthwhile for those in the frozen desert that is YWG:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...96*2.CAD.46396

Limited availability at the $464 CAD price but will net you 9,900 PQM in the process (in addition to * lounge access at several airports if *Gold). If that doesn't work there are similar deals available in the $500 range from UA, AC and WS around this time.

Safe Travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.