Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 4, 18, 12:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
Happy 2018!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2018 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Nov 1, 18, 5:53 pm
  #256  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by mbl0687 View Post
Got BOS - ZAG for $291 from 2/7-2/11 on BA
Which OTA? No tricks?
Andrew Kolodgie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 18, 12:38 am
  #257  
2018 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Posts: 3,158
I found it. CheapOAir is the OTA, fares on some dates can also be found on OneTravel.

I don't trust these OTAs, so I think I'll pass. It's a fuel dumped mistake fare.
diburning is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 18, 1:41 am
  #258  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Posts: 3,817
I've had no issues booking this kind of thing before. Cheapoair has worked just fine for me in the past. Some of the sketchier OTAs I've been ticketed then had a call saying "oh actually it's $$$ more so your option is to take that or refund" in which case I've just refunded.

I would've bought one of these from SEA, but I have no status with Oneworld and my experience flying BA in the past was fine, but unremarkable so I don't feel the need to fly them again and also I read on a blog post these are hand baggage only...which I HOPE cheapoair is explaining, cuz that's my fear with all basic economy etc, that OTAs won't let people sufficiently know. I don't really wanna go to Croatia for a week with 6kg allowance. I can travel carry on only, but in these basic economy/handbag only type things that's not usually allowed so I'll pass.
drvannostren is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 18, 10:15 am
  #259  
2018 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Posts: 3,158
CheapOAir doesn't make it obvious that it's an HBO fare, but if you look hard enough, it's there.
diburning is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 18, 11:32 am
  #260  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,471
Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
I would've bought one of these from SEA, but I have no status with Oneworld and my experience flying BA in the past was fine, but unremarkable so I don't feel the need to fly them again and also I read on a blog post these are hand baggage only...which I HOPE cheapoair is explaining, cuz that's my fear with all basic economy etc, that OTAs won't let people sufficiently know. I don't really wanna go to Croatia for a week with 6kg allowance. I can travel carry on only, but in these basic economy/handbag only type things that's not usually allowed so I'll pass.
I'm UK based so unsure of ex-US policies on BA but...

BA don't offer handbag only fares for BOS-ZAG - BOS-LHR yes, but I havn't seen through fares not offering 23kgs checked minimum.

BOS-LHR sure... but not for connecting flights. And I assume this would have to be sold as one ticket?
Sam Bee is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 18, 4:36 pm
  #261  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LAX
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
I've had no issues booking this kind of thing before. Cheapoair has worked just fine for me in the past. Some of the sketchier OTAs I've been ticketed then had a call saying "oh actually it's $$$ more so your option is to take that or refund" in which case I've just refunded.

I would've bought one of these from SEA, but I have no status with Oneworld and my experience flying BA in the past was fine, but unremarkable so I don't feel the need to fly them again and also I read on a blog post these are hand baggage only...which I HOPE cheapoair is explaining, cuz that's my fear with all basic economy etc, that OTAs won't let people sufficiently know. I don't really wanna go to Croatia for a week with 6kg allowance. I can travel carry on only, but in these basic economy/handbag only type things that's not usually allowed so I'll pass.
I purchased this last night from LAX on Expedia. The ticket was issued on OU stock, but most flights are on BA (with the added bonus of our return flight on a 747 - I hope that doesn't change). Expedia showed that a carry-on would be allowed during the booking process and viewing the reservation on BA confirms that.

1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 40 x 30 x 15cm / 16 x 12 x 6in)
plus
1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)

A checked bag, up to 23kg, is $60.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...age-allowances
aircam likes this.
princeville is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:38 pm
  #262  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 1,298
Originally Posted by Pat89339 View Post
All posts related to the JFK-NBO fare have been moved here:

[FARE GONE] KE: JFK-NBO $242

Please continue any discussion there.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Page not found
satish_ny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 18, 4:10 pm
  #263  
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: YYJ/YVR/SEA
Programs: UA lifetime MM / one last year as 1K
Posts: 12,727
Originally Posted by satish_ny View Post

Page not found
Found just fine by my browser

If all else fails, go to MR Discussion subforum and look for the thread there. That too works.
EmailKid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 18, 9:07 am
  #264  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: United MileagePlus
Posts: 11
West Coast-Barcelona $340+

Looks like UA is running a random Nonstop to Barcelona from SFO on 27FEB and prices are pretty low from the west Coast.

SAN-BCN $523 https://goo.gl/flights/rnsgD

SFO-BCN $397 https://goo.gl/flights/bXm2M

DEN-BCN $522 https://goo.gl/flights/6cJz9
jolan560 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 18, 10:57 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by jolan560 View Post
Looks like UA is running a random Nonstop to Barcelona from SFO on 27FEB and prices are pretty low from the west Coast.
This is specifically for the Mobile World Congress.
venomtrilogy is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: