Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 13, 18, 7:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
Happy 2018!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2018 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 20, 18, 3:41 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
US-Iceland Sale by Star Alliance 3-5 cpm

Saw some really cheap fares pricing out of PIT/STL/SJU/Basically anywhere east of California? Pretty good availability through the whole year.

Example: PITKEF $327 4.0cpm

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=P...UA*UA;sd:1;t:f
Old Jun 28, 18, 1:46 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
IND/AUS/HNL- Iceland from Star: UA/AC/LH

More low fares spotted in IND/AUS/HNL and the southeast US to Iceland.

Dates: All Year

SAN-REK for $613 5.5 CPM
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...151*.USD.61151

IND-REK for $601
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...261*.USD.61261

HNL-REK for $732 4.8CPM, Tons of availability all summer
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=H...601*.USD.72601

Last edited by jolan560; Jun 28, 18 at 1:52 am Reason: Add CPM
Old Jun 28, 18, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by jolan560 View Post
More low fares spotted in IND/AUS/HNL and the southeast US to Iceland...
Thanks, nice find. But the fares on DL are lower (ex-SAN, HNL). Some of the UA fares (e.g. ex-IND) are BE.
Old Jul 5, 18, 3:04 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: *A Eurobonus, FPC, RS Grey Card

All new LEVEL routes ex vienna are currently selling for as low as 1 cent. Yes, ONE CENT!
It’s not an error fare but a promotion!
Old Jul 5, 18, 5:22 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Concerning the Level deal from Vienna for 1 cent, there will undoubtedly be a shedload of taxes to add to it.
Old Jul 5, 18, 6:29 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Bronze + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Concerning the Level deal from Vienna for 1 cent, there will undoubtedly be a shedload of taxes to add to it.
Is this based on evidence or speculation? I don't think in Europe you're allowed to advertise fares without all the taxes and fees included.

The corresponding part of the Level website seems to have crashed at the moment so I cannot verify this myself.
Old Jul 5, 18, 6:51 am

Good point. I would not be surprised, all the same, to find some extra charges associated with the booking, more likely a reprice. Maybe they’ve forgotten to load the taxes already!
Old Jul 7, 18, 12:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I finally can contribute to this thread! I've never really stumbled across a deal like this, but I did this time and it's def worth posting.

YVR-BKK return on KL/AF (depends on the dates) I found as low as $496 CAD (Oct 23 return Oct 30) it's V fare so it only credits 25% to most programs but I still plot that out as 9.4cpm, but more than anything you'll just never get a price like this from YVR. China Eastern usually has the best prices but it's surprising to see anything under $600 CAD and even then anything under $700-800 would be considered a deal.

I also found $526 Oct 27 return Nov 4 this one is KL one way AF the other.

Biggest concern other than the mileage is the return requires either an overnight in AMS or CDG which, if you're gonna get a hotel like I recently did on another trip is gonna be at least $80-90 CAD. Still a good deal though. I suppose my one other minor beef is it's double red-eye flying eastward instead of westward, but YVR-BKK is far either way

Word to the wise, don't take the exit row on KL 777, I flew KUL-CGK and moved to that seat due to a dreadful seatmate at my other spot. You're supposed to pay for exit row but it's awful, even the FA who was a little hippy (not hippie) said she can't fit comfortably in the seats either. They are truly terrible, glad mine was free and only a 1:30 flight!

Best guess is there are other dates, but these are the two I stumbled across.

Hope someone takes advantage of this deal I MIGHT, but I'll probably end up on star alliance since the miles are more applicable to me there.

EDIT 2:30 mins later, either this was an ITA glitch, or a sale was over at 0000 PST, cuz this seems to now be unattainable.
tobikosan and Da_Master like this.

Last edited by drvannostren; Jul 7, 18 at 2:27 am
Old Jul 7, 18, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post

All new LEVEL routes ex vienna are currently selling for as low as 1 cent. Yes, ONE CENT!
It’s not an error fare but a promotion!
I thought that was a thread about this, because if there is I am unable to find it. It certainly generated enough interest on places like HFP and there was a lot of frustration because apparently the IT was very difficult and it was almost impossible to book it.
Old Jul 7, 18, 9:50 am

Good point. I would not be surprised, all the same, to find some extra charges associated with the booking, more likely a reprice. Maybe they’ve forgotten to load the taxes already!
The fares included tax (ie the airline paid the tax), the fares shown were available .
Old Jul 7, 18, 12:22 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver)

I thought that was a thread about this, because if there is I am unable to find it. It certainly generated enough interest on places like HFP and there was a lot of frustration because apparently the IT was very difficult and it was almost impossible to book it.
Old (gone) fare threads are always moved to the mileage run discussion forum for further...um..er...discussion!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...iscussion-627/
Old Jul 7, 18, 12:22 pm

But apparently many folk found it very difficult, if not impossible, to successfully book anything. There was a lot of criticism about the state of the IT of the Vueling site. Where is the thread about this, by the way?

EDIT: just got the message from headingwest while I was writing my post. Sorry, I completely forgot to think about the Mileage Run Discussion forum about former deals!
Old Jul 11, 18, 2:53 pm

MIA-CDG AA $531 b.e.

R/T for basic economy. Sept and Oct dates!
Old Jul 14, 18, 2:34 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
AA: SFO-MEL/SYD for $746

AA: SFO-MEL/SYD for $746: Maybe this is already posted, but a good fare to Oz. AA and QF with Jetstar for the SYD-MEL leg. Pricing $746, which seems like a pretty good deal, even though it's a loooong ride in economy. Apply a SWU if you can. Routing varies, through LAX, or BNE, or even AKL -- total EQM of around 15,000.Same day turns are available, though heavens knows why you'd want to do that: Australia is a great place for an extended visit. Also available from LAX for slightly more. Very good availability through summer and fall (U.S.).
Old Jul 18, 18, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Not a bad quick weekend run to ZHR from SFO. No overnight required, at 3.8cpm
SJC also availbale

Search this Thread