Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page > ET: NRT-ADD-LAX rt: 31K miles at $ 755 (2.4cpm)

ET: NRT-ADD-LAX rt: 31K miles at $ 755 (2.4cpm)

Old Nov 29, 17, 11:47 am

Programs: LH M&M
How many flights are on ET metal ?
Old Nov 29, 17, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver (MM), Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat. Always somewhere, never anywhere...
Originally Posted by andy111 View Post
How many flights are on ET metal ?
Guess you haven't researched the deal at all.

All legs are operated by ET! That's what has been discussed here, too. ET flights NRT-HKG-ADD and ADD-LAX (via DUB). So you are basically flying NRT-HKG-ADD-DUB-LAX there and back. It's the "round about" way to get to LAX from NRT and certainly a low price to do it with lots of miles.

Does not credit 100% to UA as I posted above.

-RM
Old Nov 29, 17, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Goaguy View Post

So if whole itinerary could be reserved in H cl, then fare would be lower ?
Old Nov 29, 17, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
So if whole itinerary could be reserved in H cl, then fare would be lower ?
You can try and play around with it, but I highly doubt you'd find it in a different class.

That said - I did find the exact same itinerary in D for about $ 3,600. Not bad, considering ET in D credits 200% to some frequent flyer programs.
Also, I successfully managed to get the same price of about $ 750 when changing it to a multi-city booking with a long (several months even) layover in Addis. In between, you can add other fares. (E.g. ADD-Europe)
GuyverII likes this.
Old Nov 30, 17, 7:25 am

What's the experience like on ET in Y?
Old Nov 30, 17, 8:50 am

I will try to search by myself, buy anyway is there any chance to start that MR from Europe ( Dublin or other city ? ) Which leg is a must to get the whole deal working? NRT-ADD?
Old Dec 1, 17, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
I'm not sure if they still do it or not, but ET used to give a discount for booking on their own website, I think it was 5%. Worth having a look before booking.

Only drawback is that sometimes ET makes silly demands for advance credit card verification from some markets when booked direct. I never had the request for any tickets originating Japan, but they did once for a HKG originating ticket about 4 years ago. I've heard a few other people discussing similar on this forum in recent years. ex-NRT ticketing fortunately is done by a contract travel agent in Tokyo who seems to be more relaxed than ET's standard sales offices.
Old Dec 1, 17, 8:09 am

I will try to search by myself, buy anyway is there any chance to start that MR from Europe ( Dublin or other city ? ) Which leg is a must to get the whole deal working? NRT-ADD?
For that trip, the whole thing is required. So you can start your mileage run in Europe by purchasing a separate EU-NRT ticket that matches your dates for the NRT-ADD-LAX flights. Unfortunately the return to NRT will almost certainly require you to stay overnight in Japan as it comes in with the late bank of flights to NRT. Europe flights leave NRT in the morning. There are a few midnight-ish flights from HND to Europe however, but you have to get yourself between airports. There is time to do it, but not much padding in case of a delay (which it very often is).

If going to Japan first to start your MR is undesirable, you can do DUB-LAX as a standalone, but its obviously significantly fewer miles. You might be better off looking at ex-TUN or ex-CAI deals instead of ET DUB-LAX.
Old Dec 1, 17, 8:33 am

any hint or thread link on forum to these ex-TUN , ex-CAI ( you mean latest error fare in C ? )
Old Dec 2, 17, 9:58 am

any hint or thread link on forum to these ex-TUN , ex-CAI ( you mean latest error fare in C ? )
They aren't error fares, the CAI fares have been around for ages, TUN a bit more recently, but there are several airlines competing at similar prices. Start with what's already posted in the forum and then go to Experflyer and use your imagination. There are endless possibilities on TK especially, but also some other carriers.
andy111 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 3:43 pm
cur

still wondering if these qualify for free hotel + meals in add, remember most countries need a visa to enter, which is waived if you get the free hotel. free hotel is only if the shortest possible is (iirc) ~10 hours or greater for Y. if there is a sooner cnx then a visa needs to be arranged, as add departures is no changi airport.

Originally Posted by kanab View Post
What's the experience like on ET in Y?
i know i'm late but it's mediocre. the 787 has new ife which is nice, although some of those 767 have main screen entertainment.
exact same two meal options on every leg (fish or chicken), only beer and wine available.
very kind and gracious crews, very professional, polite and i must say good looking.
but you're not getting much in terms of hard product.
iirc add has a subway sammich shop, so that's helpful.

Search this Thread