Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page > AA : LAX/OTHERS - LAS VEGAS/OTHERS RT. FROM $55 includs 4 nights hotel

AA : LAX/OTHERS - LAS VEGAS/OTHERS RT. FROM $55 includs 4 nights hotel

Old Nov 27, 17, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, UA, AA
AA : LAX/OTHERS - LAS VEGAS/OTHERS RT. FROM $55 includs 4 nights hotel

Bookable on AA vacations using promo code BF100
Sample date Feb 5-9 $55 a.i. including 4 nights at the Stratosphere hotel,
Prices vary depending on your dates and hotel choice.
Book by Nov 29 2017
Travel must be completed by Sept 30 2018
Minimum stay must be 4 nights
Receive 1000 bonus AA miles for booking package

Best to search with 1 passenger.
Promo code works for any AA flight/hotel packages within the U.S.A. and from/too Canada
Use Ita matrix to find low priced flights.
Try your city

Last edited by Raffles longhaul; Nov 27, 17 at 10:32 pm
Old Nov 27, 17, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Great post. Overlooked this promo earlier today. Link to sale: https://www.aavacations.com/specials...riday-sale.asp

Looks like your flight might be Basic Economy FYI. And as far as hotels, I'd recommend spending $20 more to stay at Harrah's rather than Stratosphere... nicer hotel & better area. Beware that most hotels have ~$30/day "resort fee."

Getting out of Basic Economy and choosing the cheapest room at Harrah's comes out to $83.69 after the coupon. Since the flight itself is $87.41, you're basically getting a Harrah's room for just the cost of the resort fee, plus the 1,000 AA miles. Good deal, but I'm based in SAN so can't make it work for me.

Last edited by veeRob; Nov 27, 17 at 10:40 pm
Old Nov 28, 17, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
Looks like your flight might be Basic Economy FYI. And as far as hotels, I'd recommend spending $20 more to stay at Harrah's rather than Stratosphere... nicer hotel & better area. Beware that most hotels have ~$30/day "resort fee."

Getting out of Basic Economy and choosing the cheapest room at Harrah's comes out to $83.69 after the coupon. Since the flight itself is $87.41, you're basically getting a Harrah's room for just the cost of the resort fee, plus the 1,000 AA miles. Good deal, but I'm based in SAN so can't make it work for me.
I thougt this was a good deal until I researched on resort fees: both stratosphere and harrah's charge whopping $30/night. For 4 nights, it's $120 plus around 13%tax according to this site:
https://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas-resort-fees-2017-guide/

since they started doing this, I started boycotting Las Vegas, but people keep going there.

by the way, cheapest dates seem having nothing to do with fares found on Google flights, but Sunday to Thursdays trips seem the cheapest.
Old Nov 29, 17, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
I thougt this was a good deal until I researched on resort fees: both stratosphere and harrah's charge whopping $30/night. For 4 nights, it's $120 plus around 13%tax according to this site:
https://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-ve...es-2017-guide/

since they started doing this, I started boycotting Las Vegas, but people keep going there.

by the way, cheapest dates seem having nothing to do with fares found on Google flights, but Sunday to Thursdays trips seem the cheapest.
While I don't disagree with your dislike for resort fees, in this case you're getting a "free" hotel room and just paying the resort fee, so $30/night for a decent hotel room isn't so terrible, is it?

And I found that the rates did correlate to Google Flights pricing. Not sure what you're seeing that's different than what I saw. Oh well.
Old Nov 29, 17, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPGold75;TK Elite/*Gold;NEXUS;Hyatt Globalist;Marriott/SPG PLT, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Dead .... move to discussion, please
Old Nov 29, 17, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
While I don't disagree with your dislike for resort fees, in this case you're getting a "free" hotel room and just paying the resort fee, so $30/night for a decent hotel room isn't so terrible, is it?

And I found that the rates did correlate to Google Flights pricing. Not sure what you're seeing that's different than what I saw. Oh well.
my point is, this deal isn't hot as op claims. The title is misleading: $55 does NOT include 4 nights hotel. Th op even wrote ai when it definitely isn't. This $55 at the end will turn to around $200 just to fly and stay.

for yvr-las on aa, 12/9-13 is the cheapest, but like I wrote, aa vacation returns the lowest price for Sun-thu.
Old Nov 29, 17, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
my point is, this deal isn't hot as op claims. The title is misleading: $55 does NOT include 4 nights hotel. Th op even wrote ai when it definitely isn't. This $55 at the end will turn to around $200 just to fly and stay.
Right, but if you throw away the hotel and just use the flight, you're getting 25% off.

Search this Thread