FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   Dl hkg-sfo us$578 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1879615-dl-hkg-sfo-us-578-a.html)

pokeflute Nov 27, 2017 2:25 am

Dl hkg-sfo us$578

Available wide open on GF from Feb-May 2018

Delta comfort+ on TPAC sector A333
Books into W class, 150% to some programs
same day turns seems possible.

Books direct on DL website.

bivinco Nov 27, 2017 2:34 am

Similar to YVR

tangoll Nov 27, 2017 2:40 am

A bit more info pls

RT/OW, which booking engine? DL's or OTA? A bit more info would be
most helpful.

How is DL's PE? Regular econ seat with a few inches more leg room or
similar to other airlines with a dedicated separate PE section? All this, of course, we could find out ourselves, but if the OP already has this info, most helpful to just add it to his/her post.

nichojo Nov 27, 2017 2:44 am

Originally Posted by tangoll (Post 29103750)
most helpful.

similar to other airlines with a dedicated separate PE section? All this, of course, we could find out ourselves, but if the OP already has this info, most helpful to just add it to his/her post.

Just an economy seat with more leg room. Slightly improved soft product.

pokeflute Nov 27, 2017 2:55 am

most helpful.

First time posting, updated the first post to answer your questions.

olouie Nov 27, 2017 3:37 am

This is more like economy +. Delta’s true PEY is Delta Select.

akcae Nov 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Comfort+ is *not* premium econ, whatever DL might want you to think. It's a regular coach seat with somewhat (inconsistently) improved service.

DL's real premium econ is called Premium Select and is currently only available on the brand-new A350s flying very select routes to Asia, and expanding to EU in the spring.

BLazarus22 Nov 27, 2017 1:36 pm

• "Economy Plus" where some rows of the economy cabin have more legroom and possibly more recline - but are otherwise identical to other seating in Economy - is not considered Premium Cabin Travel.
Unless this route gets the A350 or upgraded cabin this should be moved out of the sub-forum.

izzik Nov 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Please, not another "Comfort+ is PE" thread..

privacylawyer Nov 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Economy Comfort and Premium Economy are different now on DL

EC is free for most Plat and Diamond upgrades. The new PE class is a separate cabin with better recline, more room and better seats. EC is a section of the cabin and has more leg room and better incline. More than UA's stock. Think alcohol is free on both.

most helpful.

starwarsgeek8 Nov 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by BLazarus22 (Post 29106029)
  • "Economy Plus" where some rows of the economy cabin have more legroom and possibly more recline - but are otherwise identical to other seating in Economy - is not considered Premium Cabin Travel.
Unless this route gets the A350 or upgraded cabin this should be moved out of the sub-forum.

Even if this route got the A350, or even if the routing rules allow routing on the A350 TPAC routes in conjunction with say CZ or MU for a domestic connection, on the A350 routes W class isn’t being sold. Rather, Delta’s dedicated Premium Select fare codes are being used (P, A, and G). I would be stunned if you could get a P, A, or G segment integrated into a W fare.

ChuckieB Nov 28, 2017 6:12 am

Originally Posted by starwarsgeek8 (Post 29106722)
Even if this route got the A350, or even if the routing rules allow routing on the A350 TPAC routes in conjunction with say CZ or MU for a domestic connection, on the A350 routes W class isn’t being sold. Rather, Delta’s dedicated Premium Select fare codes are being used (P, A, and G). I would be stunned if you could get.l a P, A, or G segment integrated into a W fare.

Completely agree with the PS and A350 route comments. However, I just flew IAD-DTW-NRT-SIN and back, First domestic, PS transpacific, and C+ NRT-SIN. On my receipt (just checked it before writing this) the IAD-DTW and NRT-SIN legs all coded G while my PS flight DTW-NRT coded B . However, I seem to recall that when I was buying the ticket the website showed a couple of Ps, a couple of Gs, and a couple of Ws, so what you see while booking may not be what you see when the flight credits. YMMV.