Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page > Fj: Lax - syd $844

Fj: Lax - syd $844

Old Nov 13, 17, 11:14 pm

Fj: Lax - syd $844

Somewhat new to all of this. I came across this fare and thought others may want to know about it.

Just noticed that Fiji Airlines has r/t LAX - SYD $844 in Q. Many dates seem available. Might make sense for folks that need EQM on AS (14980) or perhaps other partners.

I can't yet post urls, but its on google flights lax - syd on fare calendar
Old Nov 14, 17, 2:10 am

Programs: UA *G, AS MVP
Even better it seems to allow free stopovers in Fiji. For example:

https://goo.gl/flights/76qd

Books into Q, which is 100% on AS, for 14977 miles, or 5.6cpm. Not quite MR territory but not bad for getting to see two cool places fairly cheap.
Old Nov 14, 17, 2:50 am

Programs: UA *G, AS MVP
Although on second thought, maybe I don't want to fly Fiji Airways afterall.

It makes 1990's era Aeroflot look good: https://blog.thetravelinsider.info/2...-paid-for.html
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:08 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Alaska, Singapore, ANA, Delta, JAL
Originally Posted by dordal View Post
Although on second thought, maybe I don't want to fly Fiji Airways afterall.

It makes 1990's era Aeroflot look good: https://blog.thetravelinsider.info/2...-paid-for.html
To be fair, that article was written by a person who did not understand the difference between fare class and cabin class. The flyer may have seen empty business class seats for the NAN-LAX flight but the flight did not have business class award seats available. It is a common mistake. Fiji Airways was correct is saying it is up to the ticketing agent to rectify. The flyer could have checked Alaska Airlines award inventory for a business lass award seat to open up and then request it. He did not do this but expected to be "upgraded" at the airport. FF tickets do not work like that.

Anyway - Fiji Airways is fine.

This fare is just average and probably would not meet my idea of a mileage run.

Last edited by davistev; Nov 14, 17 at 4:18 am
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Golly, that's one big whine post if there were one.

I am not sure if I'm going to give mileage to the person who wrote that review. The person might have booked a mixed business class ticket on AS, whereby only part of the itinerary is actually on business. It's easy to miss it if you don't look carefully when booking.

I flew FJ on the SIN-NAN redeye. It was fine, if not excellent. It is at least on par with the US legacies, if not better.

Last edited by solewalker; Nov 14, 17 at 4:27 am
Old Nov 14, 17, 8:06 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, DL Diamond 1MM, Marriott/Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I can also vouch for FJ, at least on their medium haul service NAN-AKL. Warm Fijian hospitality, surprisingly tasty catering and comfortably configured aircraft. No complaints from me whatsoever. A few years ago NAN was under pretty heavy renovation, but that should be resolved by now.

I canít think of a better way to break up a long flight to Australia than a few days in Fiji. Iíd probably give myself one night in Denarau one direction at somewhere affordable like the Radisson Blu, and several nights in the other direction out at a resort in the Mamanucas.
Old Nov 14, 17, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
This fare doesn't show on G Flights or ITA...
Old Nov 17, 17, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart View Post
This fare doesn't show on G Flights or ITA...
Did a search, unrelated to this thread, and found it before reading this:

Search this Thread