Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA - LAX-SFO-HIKA-Guam and return via UA Pacific Islands $442 <2.8cps

Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: johnnywho
The fare allows you to travel on the island hopper (UA132/133) westbound and/or eastbound. HKG or MNL are both possible turnarounds and the fare is combinable with NH either way.

Who are going for this run?

UA132
  • Jan 19: westleyl, jayhawk17
  • Mar 18: Mateuszz
  • Mar 31: johnnywho,jetsflier

UA133
  • Jan 21: westleyl, jayhawk17
  • Feb 4: Spectre17, daisyatl
  • Apr 1: johnnywho, jetsflier
  • May 13: sexykitten7
Print Wikipost

UA - LAX-SFO-HIKA-Guam and return via UA Pacific Islands $442 <2.8cps

Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:59 am

Is this still an active fare? If someone could post a Google Flights link to a future itinerary in this price range, I’d appreciate it.
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by pkimball
Is this still an active fare? If someone could post a Google Flights link to a future itinerary in this price range, I’d appreciate it.
Yes. Can be done for $612 (and possibly cheaper).
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:22 am

Is anyone doing this over the long weekend?

I am considering it and was curious if anyone else is.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Lepriceisright
I am considering it and was curious if anyone else is.
I suppose that depends on which long weekend you are talking about. The wiki at the top of the article lists the names and dates of FlyerTalk users who have disclosed their travel plans. There may be others as well.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:54 pm

Just checked out the routing. May 11 - May 13 and puts me on the 5 stop return. I live in VA and this trip posted out of LAX so I would have to pre-position. I'm GS so I can force some saver fares on open jaws. But here's the real question...does anyone think that booking this for both me and my wife would qualify as a cool anniversary present??? This will be #21 for us.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by dzstokes
[...]here's the real question...does anyone think that booking this for both me and my wife would qualify as a cool anniversary present???
Maybe I'm alone in my thinking, but I'm not sure any of us are in the position to tell you whether or not your wife would like to go on a MR for an anniversary present!
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just checked out the routing. May 11 - May 13 and puts me on the 5 stop return. I live in VA and this trip posted out of LAX so I would have to pre-position. I'm GS so I can force some saver fares on open jaws. But here's the real question...does anyone think that booking this for both me and my wife would qualify as a cool anniversary present??? This will be #21 for us.
Is she a big flyer geek as well? If so, then offer it up. Given that she is your travelling companion, she probably already enjoys the benefits of your GS benefits.

David
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:45 am

congrats on anniversary. I would totally do it. In fact when I talked about Island hopper to my wife and 13 year old daughter they both wanted to jump on it. More so my 13 yr old ..LOL

Can you post the link to the route you got?

Also I noticed UA 154 starting May 1 only flys out of MAJ and not HNL...Is that right or did I do something wrong?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:09 pm

Only 4 Islands

Just checked out the routing. May 11 - May 13 and puts me on the 5 stop return.
FYI the routing I posted (and am flying) only has 4 islands, not 5! It was originally 3 when I booked. I didn't realize there were light versions or else I would've been more careful!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:38 pm

I'm not sure if this is a 'semantics thing or not. I was counting HNL as one of the 5.

And just as a follow up...when I asked my wife about the trip, her first response was that she didn't have that much time of from work. When I read her the trip plan and times, the look on her face was priceless: sort of like I love you, but you have lost your mind.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

I'm not sure if this is a 'semantics thing or not. I was counting HNL as one of the 5.

And just as a follow up...when I asked my wife about the trip, her first response was that she didn't have that much time of from work. When I read her the trip plan and times, the look on her face was priceless: sort of like I love you, but you have lost your mind.
oh well. nothing ventured, nothing gained

solo trip then.

David
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:23 pm

Are most of you guys doing this for MR? I don't even have a United flyer account and when I do, I will be doing it for fun :-)
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I didn’t think this was still bookable, now need to look into this for April as a matter of priority
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:10 am

Ahh ok. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were buying. And I hear GUM is also an island
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by johnnywho
OMG, I just checked my flights and instead of the island hopper, they now put me on a direct flight from GUM to HNL... I guess I will be spending some time on the phone with United. No idea when this schedule change occured, I can't remember receiving an email.

I am supposed to fly out on March 30 returning April 1st.
After about 30 min on the phone, they gave me back my original routing. Only one or two minor schedule changes. I had been hoping to stay in HKG or GUM for a night or two. They said, if the original flights still showed availability they would have to put me on the original flights.

I have no idea why they changed it in the first place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.