Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beyounged
~ means a completely new segment, only replace them with - when you have connections. For stopovers you have to keep the tilde.
Since ITA is already providing the specific numbers and dates, what difference does it make?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by swingaling
Since ITA is already providing the specific numbers and dates, what difference does it make?
to keep people like me at bay when I started forgetting and trying to force out 17+ segments!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:07 am

Currently one-day layover in IPC seems impossible because there are no IPC-SCL flights in the schedule. Do you know when it will come back?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Mateuszz
Currently one-day layover in IPC seems impossible because there are no IPC-SCL flights in the schedule. Do you know when it will come back?
January 2019. Not sure why tho but there are 0 flights available in November + December. Its not like the island shuts down.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:51 am

Problems with engines? When will it return to normal?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Mateuszz
Problems with engines? When will it return to normal?
This thread brushed on it but no one knows the reason. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lata...ec-really.html

Engines certainly seem likely.

All availability returns to normal Jan 2019
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:06 am

But, I have booked IPC-SCL on November and so far I have not received any email about cancellation / change from Priceline. This is flight LATAM Airlines 844. I just need a second ticket for the same flight.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:08 am

Yeah. Spent a while with AA and they had absolutely no clue about the PNR that the bookaa.amadeus.com spit out. They were also pretty offensive and extremely non-customer-service oriented so I'll just try and book again with priceline and hope that they'll continue not to charge my credit card. Booked on 22.7.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by elventhor
Yeah. Spent a while with AA and they had absolutely no clue about the PNR that the bookaa.amadeus.com spit out. They were also pretty offensive and extremely non-customer-service oriented so I'll just try and book again with priceline and hope that they'll continue not to charge my credit card. Booked on 22.7.
I had originally booked via AA also with a friend who holds EP with AA. The EP desk couldnt find his reservation at all, and offered to rebook at new cost. It appears to be a known problem they arent doing anything about. The charge never posted and the PNR's cancelled out after 7 days. You could pull up the amadeus PNR's via partner airlines and the reservations showed as on hold instead of ticketed. After 7 days couldnt pull them up at all.

When I booked via Priceline, it timed out 2-3 times after clicking buy during the check out process but if you keep trying eventually one should ticket.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by elventhor
Did you call the same country or the country at least using same platform? The unticketed PNRs are those powered by Amadeus normally.
The AA fares shall ticket eventually. It can take up to a week.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:30 am

I called to an AA number listed to Finland, but that just threw me to a call center, with someone having a pretty thick american accent and quite offensive attitude. Do you know a better number/country?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by SCLNRT
Hi all, long-time lurker here.

Thanks to all the help here, I managed to price a full J SCL-NRT RT itinerary that allows me to reach places I always wanted to visit, as well as try out and compare a range of OW products. 7 outbound and 8 return segments that price as £3k on ITA and £3.3k on Priceline, giving me 1820TP at 1.8£/TP (1x160TP MAD-SCL, 11x140TP, 3x40TP), 68k Avios and over 80h spent in the air (!) that should take me within very close reach of GGL.

Three questions:
a) I can somehow only manage to price up 15 segments with Priceline. Adding a 16th segment won't price with Priceline no matter what I try. As a BAEC, an extra 40+ TP (e.g. short Japan domestic hop) would be sweet. Any advice on this? I already maxed out 125% MPM on the 7-segment outbound (100 miles left) so trying to add a 9th segment on the return may be a problem due to symmetry (or am I overthinking this)?
b) Priceline can only give me a price if I don't include any stopovers. Ideally I'd like to have one on my way back in MAD so I can have some rest and take the last MAD-SCL of my itinerary a month later for a South America trip. I swear it priced just fine when I tried yesterday but now it doesn't work no matter what I do. Any advice? Can I mess with the URL somehow?
c) As aforementioned, Priceline charges about £300 more in taxes and surcharges. As far as I know, I can't see a breakdown unless I enter payment information. Is there any way to see what this is and ideally any way to reduce this?

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, is there any way to pay Priceline in GBP?
EDIT2: Edited wording for clarification
Care to share the route?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by SVeT
Thx everybody for tips and help, I finally pulled the trigger on

AKL - PPT (5 days) - IPC (2 days) - SCL - GYE - GPS (4 days) - GYE - MAD - NRT

Due to all the stops and high season (July 2018) the price went up to 1100€ (would be around 900€ if I could go before June 24th, also 80€ less for only 23h on IPC, but this is probably once-in-a-lifetime stop so no cost-cutting there) but believe it is worth it

Tried several ways to add another stop between MAD in NRT closer to my home but all the combinations add at least another 300€ so a Ryanair flight will have to do.

Found a 5* airline feeder connection from home airport (usually quite expensive airport & airline) for 500€ (2 short stops) so probably buying it as summer prices are normally quite high and AA KUL-AKL is already over 200€ for my dates so not much (if any) saving if flying low-cost. A week in NZ (summer skiing ) before Tahiti/Moorea will be also interesting I guess.
Just finished this trip and it was really an unforgettable experience! From skiing in New Zealand to incredible background of Mo'orea in French Polynesia, mysterious Easter Island and for the final stop a cruise over Galapagos Islands... You can see some pics HERE

Flights went smooth, the only drawback was that due to LATAM's problem with 787s we had to fly an old SQ 777 on IPC-SCL route and a Wamos A330 on GYE-MAD route.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: M&M, EC BA
Found this for trip in 2019, all fligt's at ECO

Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by SVeT
Just finished this trip and it was really an unforgettable experience! From skiing in New Zealand to incredible background of Mo'orea in French Polynesia, mysterious Easter Island and for the final stop a cruise over Galapagos Islands... You can see some pics HERE

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.