Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by andaman C
Maybe not a fantastic deal, but got MEL (January for Australian Open) to SCL (six days) to SFO (home base). Then SFO to NRT in mid-April for Cherry blossoms. $2K. Economy MEL to SCL, then business the rest of the way.
have you got a screenshot of your routing please?
Old May 24, 2018, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I can book nice initineraries, but has anyone been able to route SCL to TYO via SFO or LAX?

Oh sure. SCL-LAX-NRT is very easy. LAX-NRT on SQ
Old May 24, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Originally Posted by andaman C
Maybe not a fantastic deal, but got MEL (January for Australian Open) to SCL (six days) to SFO (home base). Then SFO to NRT in mid-April for Cherry blossoms. $2K. Economy MEL to SCL, then business the rest of the way.
I booked the exact same itinerary (albeit all in December)! It's quite a handy fare if you're planning on being in Australia at all.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

For those of you have Asiamiles and don't mind paying a bit more (2.2million WON), you can use the flag f bc=m with CX, then use Asiamiles to upgrade M to next class of service (plus doing it before the great devaluation coming up). I am still exploring how to get flights without PEY so direct upgrade to J is possible. For the below itinerary it's CX M ticket all the way from ICN to FCO via HKG. Leaving remaining LA two flights, and with LA Black you might be able to upgrade with M (Access: N,S,X, Control: V,L,M, Flex: B,Y)

You can still use MINCONNECT if you want to stay longer in the outbound. I was able to place a >24 hours stop in Sydney but price jump to 2.5m WON.

Old May 24, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
For those of you have Asiamiles and don't mind paying a bit more (2.2million WON), you can use the flag f bc=m with CX, then use Asiamiles to upgrade M to next class of service (plus doing it before the great devaluation coming up). I am still exploring how to get flights without PEY so direct upgrade to J is possible. For the below itinerary it's CX M ticket all the way from ICN to FCO via HKG. Leaving remaining LA two flights, and with LA Black you might be able to upgrade with M (Access: N,S,X, Control: V,L,M, Flex: B,Y)

You can still use MINCONNECT if you want to stay longer in the outbound. I was able to place a >24 hours stop in Sydney but price jump to 2.5m WON.
I booked SYD-TYO with a stopover in AKL, 10 days in PPT for a Tahiti Cruise and SCL. Additionally nearly 24 hours in IPC, LHR and DXB with 15 hrs 45m in SEZ, 8:00 am arrival, 11:45 pm departue. 9 segments, 4 in Y (longest flight just over 5 hours) and 5 in J on LA, TN, BA & EK for $2.7K USD. TN will credit to AA while the other 8 will credit to AS at 100% on Y flights and lots more on J flights. Total for AS credit.

EQM 32,183
RDM:
No Status 51,708
MVP 64,628
MVPG 77,548
MVPG75K 84,008

James
Old May 24, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I booked SYD-TYO with a stopover in AKL, 10 days in PPT for a Tahiti Cruise and SCL. Additionally nearly 24 hours in IPC, LHR and DXB with 15 hrs 45m in SEZ, 8:00 am arrival, 11:45 pm departue. 9 segments, 4 in Y (longest flight just over 5 hours) and 5 in J on LA, TN, BA & EK for $2.7K USD. TN will credit to AA while the other 8 will credit to AS at 100% on Y flights and lots more on J flights. Total for AS credit.

EQM 32,183
RDM:
No Status 51,708
MVP 64,628
MVPG 77,548
MVPG75K 84,008

James
TN Doesnt Earn anything on AA. Much to my surprise as well. You can only redeem with them. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...tahiti-nui.jsp
Looks like the only place it will earn is via NZ.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

EQM 32,183
RDM:
No Status 51,708
MVP 64,628
MVPG 77,548
MVPG75K 84,008

James
Yes your trip is really nice, good credit with Y flights short hauls. I just don’t want to take those as positioning to ICN is much easier for me than AKL. Plus I don’t have status with Alaska. Should have status matched long ago front AA EXP but it’s more difficult now.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Speaking of options connecting through the US, does anyone see anything cheap out of MEL and via Chicago? PM or reply if you do, and I appreciate the assistance! Also happy to do half biz or just all economy.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Originally Posted by flyingislove
Speaking of options connecting through the US, does anyone see anything cheap out of MEL and via Chicago? PM or reply if you do, and I appreciate the assistance! Also happy to do half biz or just all economy.
I was curious so I looked a bit and found all Y from MEL-SCL, SCL-LAX-ORD, ORD-X-TYO for $1.3k, or options for the second half to be in J for $2k. Try routing on LA804 for the MEL-SCL and LA600 for SCL-LAX.

Edit: Actually, I suspect you should be able to route on any of LA600, 602, 530 (JFK via LIM), or 532 (JFK) on the way to ORD depending on availability.

Last edited by rill2503456; May 25, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Old May 26, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Has anyone been able to get QF coded/EK metal on the business return? Something like SCL-MAD-LHR-DXB-SIN-TYO would be ideal.

I can get EK code/metal for ...LHR-DXB-SIN... or QF code/metal for ...LHR-SIN... or even ...LHR(BA)-DXB(EK)-SIN to price, but forcing the DXB routing on QF seems to break the fare.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Any idea where to ticket this better? I will try tomorow via TA, but always prefer OTA. I can get it to price on Priceline via Powertools, but payment never goes through. Was able to ticket on EU AA site, but the price is slightly higher.
Also, I am trying to add stopover in PRG, which seems impossible. Routing through it seems no problem though. Any ideas?

Thursday AKL-PPT
Tuesday PPT-IPC (only 23.50 hrs layover as I have visited it before)-SCL
Thursday SCL-MAD
+couple months
MAD-ICN-DPS-NRT

Priceline about 2200 USD
AA about 2450 USD
Old May 27, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
“BA SEZ EK DXB” works, but when you add a stopover (>24h) in SEZ, the price almost doubles.

ExpertFlyer shows two prices for this I fare, but I can’t figure out what leads to the selection of the higher price. The fare rules are identical...?
I noticed the same problem when routing to JNB via MAD, stopover doubles the price in J. The Y fare works fine.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Any idea where to ticket this better? I will try tomorow via TA, but always prefer OTA. I can get it to price on Priceline via Powertools, but payment never goes through. Was able to ticket on EU AA site, but the price is slightly higher.
Also, I am trying to add stopover in PRG, which seems impossible. Routing through it seems no problem though. Any ideas?

Thursday AKL-PPT
Tuesday PPT-IPC (only 23.50 hrs layover as I have visited it before)-SCL
Thursday SCL-MAD
+couple months
MAD-ICN-DPS-NRT

Priceline about 2200 USD
AA about 2450 USD
as said earlier, LA via Powertools is the easiest to price out.
I just had a stopover in PRG for a week, and you just need to find availability of MAD-HEL-PRG, and PRG-HEL-NRT and those are hard to come by. worst cas scenario, MAD-PRG on OK seems to work, then connect to AY.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Had a look and OneWorld options ex MAD are quite difficult.

Found a nice MAD-DXB (EK) DXB-SIN-TYO (SQ) though if that's of any interest
haroon145 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by our_kid
Had a look and OneWorld options ex MAD are quite difficult.

Found a nice MAD-DXB (EK) DXB-SIN-TYO (SQ) though if that's of any interest
sounds good could you post a screenshot please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.