Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: QF, HH
Now if only this was available in early 2019, I'd jump at it. Only that's too far ahead for most booking engines at this stage...
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Pulled the trigger after availability had vanished on PPT-IPC for about a week, but reappeared yesterday.

AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD-LHR-MUC/MUC-HND in April for around 900€, including a two day stopover at PPT (would have been around 750€ without), one day at IPC and one day at LIM.
beyounged and karlot_96 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:34 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Is the fare still alive? I've noticed that they've started to add the YQ on fares
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:21 am

still loking at this deal, found high season (july) AKL-PPT (1 week) - IPC (1-2 day) - SCL-Galapagos-Mad-NRT for 1100€, low season 850€ - any chance to lower this for a few 100s more? As I'm based in Europe any idea for a good feeder to add? Thx!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by SVeT
still loking at this deal, found high season (july) AKL-PPT (1 week) - IPC (1-2 day) - SCL-Galapagos-Mad-NRT for 1100€, low season 850€ - any chance to lower this for a few 100s more? As I'm based in Europe any idea for a good feeder to add? Thx!
when you are getting to 3 of the hardest places to get to on this planet and paying a fraction of the cost, it is time to be satisfied I believe. tweak around the departure date from SCL or try to get a transit through HEL on the way from MAD to NRT can reduce the cost somewhat, and a lot of prices initially shown on gf is not the actual cost, click all the way thru for 3000+ EUR cheaper.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:43 am

thx @beyounged

I agree with you but just wanted to check all the options before pulling the trigger, with feeder flights it still come to over 1400€ from c2, especially after seeing some other forum members been able to lower the prices to crazy low levels with creative routing.

Will for sure be one hell of a trip, ripe for a trip report
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:47 am

thx @beyounged

I agree with you but just wanted to check all the options before pulling the trigger, with feeder flights it still come to over 1400€ from c2, especially after seeing some other forum members been able to lower the prices to crazy low levels with creative routing.

where do you see super low prices posted here on FT? when I try to price itin with stopover in PPT and IPC it never goes below 890USD for me, and adding each stop is 100USD per the fare rules. I am able to price crazy itins from ICN without touching IPC or PPT, but I only spent 20hr on this ticket so I am not 100% thru on the rules. leaving ICN for SCL tomorrow!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:13 am

I was looking at those ICN variations and tried the same tricks on AKL-PPT-IPC (or tried to add PPT&IPC to ICN fare) but with no luck. And thx again for all your tips in this tread!

Enjoy your trip!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:05 am

I was looking at those ICN variations and tried the same tricks on AKL-PPT-IPC (or tried to add PPT&IPC to ICN fare) but with no luck. And thx again for all your tips in this tread!

Enjoy your trip!
thank you! if you found anything interesting, or is looking for inspirations, PM me whenever! and I have found ultimate island hopping PPT IPC GPS TCI qute a nice route. good luck hunting!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:14 am

thx @beyounged

Cheapest feeder on one ticket from C2 is probably on one of the Chinese airlines. If you're adventurous you might want to look into a cheap oneway to SIN, KUL or BKK on Norwegian, Scoot, Eurowings or similar. From there you'll find plenty of LCCs to Australia and NZ. C2-AKL should be possible for less than 300€ if you're flexible with dates. Returning from Japan, there are various oneway options on Chinese airlines or Aeroflot, or again via SIN/KUL/BKK.

I booked CA MUC-PEK-SYD / TPE-PEK-MUC during the Black Friday Sale in C for about 1350€ and will use miles for SYD-AKL and TYO-TPE.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:25 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by ritesa
Cheapest feeder on one ticket from C2 is probably on one of the Chinese airlines. If you're adventurous you might want to look into a cheap oneway to SIN, KUL or BKK on Norwegian, Scoot, Eurowings or similar. From there you'll find plenty of LCCs to Australia and NZ. C2-AKL should be possible for less than 300€ if you're flexible with dates.
It would be a waste - of miles, mainly �� - to fly a LCC for such a long trip...
One could always look for an open jaw C2-AKL/TYO-C2.

Returning from Japan, there are various oneway options on Chinese airlines or Aeroflot, or again via SIN/KUL/BKK.
I booked CA MUC-PEK-SYD / TPE-PEK-MUC during the Black Friday Sale in C for about 1350€ and will use miles for SYD-AKL and TYO-TPE.
And speaking of Chinese mainland airlines: How is the transit in PEK? Have you done it before? I myself have only connected in CAN (surprisingly easy, I would not avoid it from now on) and PVG (horrendous, never again).

Last edited by mihaid; Dec 4, 2017 at 11:36 am Reason: Corrected a typo
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by mihaid
It would be a waste - of miles, mainly 😜 - to fly a LCC for such a long trip...
Once could always look for an open jaw C2-AKL/TYO-C2.

And speaking of Chinese mainland airlines: How is the transit in PEK? Have you done it before? I myself have only connected in CAN (surprisingly easy, I would not avoid it from now on) and PVG (horrendous, never again).
transit in PEK is easy and not as you say horrendous as PVG which tends to fill up with lots and lots of pax
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ritesa
Cheapest feeder on one ticket from C2 is probably on one of the Chinese airlines.
You can get ARN-AKL / TYO-LON on CA for around 500€ in May 2018, which is probably as cheap as it will get with LCCs.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:44 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
I manage to get SYD-SCL-GYE-SCY/GPS-GYE-MAD-LHR-SIN-TYO ticketed but just discovered today from Priceline that my SYD-SCL was cancelled by QF when I was asking QF and LA for my QF PNR. Priceline said they'll look into and coordinate with QF and LA but it looks like this ticket might be gone soon. Should get on to this ASAP if you're interested.

And before people start complaining that I got the fare killed, I called for the PNR only to discover that 1 segment was cancelled by the operating airline. Will keep you guys updated.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH*G, BA*G, BDP in my heart forever
ok, i did it:
Apr/May: AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-VIE, Oct: VIE-NRT; 845€ (Eco, mostly LAN); quite a struggle with Priceline, but finally it worked as a six segment booking

Positioner 1: Apr: CDG-ZRH-HKG; Oct: SIN-ZRH-CDG; 1270€ (LX Biz)
Positioner 2: HKG-AKL CX (op NZ) 370€
Positioner 3: NRT/HND-SIN - not booked yet
Positioner 4: VIE-CDG/ORY-VIE - not booked yet

this is probably the most crazy thing I΄ve ever booked; given the destinations I even look forward to eco.
thx to all posters at flyertalk who have contributed, if you need any details on my dates pm me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.