Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page > La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd 570

La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd 570

Reply

Old Nov 8, 17, 2:48 am
  #61
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by blueferrari View Post
if I can get the origin into Southeast Asian city it'd be interesting. but with what I tried so far only North/East Asia and Australia/NZ origin worked...
@blueferrari you can start in SIN/KUL for around USD1k, HKG bumps the fare up to 1.4k so I'd plan to start at SIN/KUL as well
A quick search: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2-10;tt=m;eo=e
shek3112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 17, 10:43 am
  #62
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HKG
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 92
Thanks to OP. Managed to get a RTW ticket for December 2017.

ICN-NRT-LAX-SCL , SCL-GYE-SCY , GPS-GYE-MAD-NRT.

Priced up at both priceline and AA (Amadeus). Paid USD917. I'm a recent OWE so I get to try the JL 1st lounge at NRT, QF 1st lounge at LAX, I get the trip to Galapagos where the internal Ecuador flights normally price up at USD480, and I get my final BAEC qualifying flight for this year's Gold run on the IB leg. Brilliant
Mateuszz likes this.
CX_newbie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 17, 3:55 pm
  #63
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by CX_newbie View Post
Thanks to OP. Managed to get a RTW ticket for December 2017.

ICN-NRT-LAX-SCL , SCL-GYE-SCY , GPS-GYE-MAD-NRT.

Priced up at both priceline and AA (Amadeus). Paid USD917. I'm a recent OWE so I get to try the JL 1st lounge at NRT, QF 1st lounge at LAX, I get the trip to Galapagos where the internal Ecuador flights normally price up at USD480, and I get my final BAEC qualifying flight for this year's Gold run on the IB leg. Brilliant
can you send link for your route in google flight?
Mateuszz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 17, 5:52 pm
  #64
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Anyone been able to work this to allow a departure from Europe (ideally UK)?
Leggie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 17, 10:51 pm
  #65
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YVR/LAX/PVG/TPE
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by CX_newbie View Post
Thanks to OP. Managed to get a RTW ticket for December 2017.

ICN-NRT-LAX-SCL , SCL-GYE-SCY , GPS-GYE-MAD-NRT.

Priced up at both priceline and AA (Amadeus). Paid USD917. I'm a recent OWE so I get to try the JL 1st lounge at NRT, QF 1st lounge at LAX, I get the trip to Galapagos where the internal Ecuador flights normally price up at USD480, and I get my final BAEC qualifying flight for this year's Gold run on the IB leg. Brilliant
cong! Would love to go to Galapagos as well, imagine IPC, PPT, and Galapagos in one trip! ultimate island hopper!

I have been having troubles with my ideal itin. When an itin has more than 5 segments it won't continue properly on Priceline. So ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-SHA-NRT will ticket, but ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-ICN-SHA-NRT will not, because when google transfers me to PL it inputs the flight automatically but individually, so PL will be forced to display 6 legs individually, but their system only allows 5 segments max, so after you review and click "continue with XXX per person" it will simply glitches out and display a standard error message "No flights are available for your selected itinerary. Please select new airports or dates and try searching again". It has been infuriatingly frustrating, because the itin is just within grasp! If google had transferred to PL properly... sigh... anyone encountered this problem before? any workarounds?
Catweazle likes this.
beyounged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 17, 2:37 pm
  #66
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BR
Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Amigo Silver
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by beyounged View Post
cong! Would love to go to Galapagos as well, imagine IPC, PPT, and Galapagos in one trip! ultimate island hopper!

I have been having troubles with my ideal itin. When an itin has more than 5 segments it won't continue properly on Priceline. So ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-SHA-NRT will ticket, but ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-ICN-SHA-NRT will not, because when google transfers me to PL it inputs the flight automatically but individually, so PL will be forced to display 6 legs individually, but their system only allows 5 segments max, so after you review and click "continue with XXX per person" it will simply glitches out and display a standard error message "No flights are available for your selected itinerary. Please select new airports or dates and try searching again". It has been infuriatingly frustrating, because the itin is just within grasp! If google had transferred to PL properly... sigh... anyone encountered this problem before? any workarounds?
ask a travel agent to book to you through his GDS

Last edited by psbaj; Nov 10, 17 at 4:20 pm
psbaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 1:47 am
  #67
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by CX_newbie View Post
Thanks to OP. Managed to get a RTW ticket for December 2017.

ICN-NRT-LAX-SCL , SCL-GYE-SCY , GPS-GYE-MAD-NRT.

Priced up at both priceline and AA (Amadeus). Paid USD917. I'm a recent OWE so I get to try the JL 1st lounge at NRT, QF 1st lounge at LAX, I get the trip to Galapagos where the internal Ecuador flights normally price up at USD480, and I get my final BAEC qualifying flight for this year's Gold run on the IB leg. Brilliant
Hi, please, would you please be so kind and share you itinerary? I will be positioned in ICN in December, so this is really tempting. Thank you!
LukaSHek007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 2:46 am
  #68
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by LukaSHek007 View Post
Hi, please, would you please be so kind and share you itinerary? I will be positioned in ICN in December, so this is really tempting. Thank you!
Try to twist the date with this one: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...RT1IB6801;eo=e

Be aware that GYE-SCY flight is only available on Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun, and you will have an overnight at GYE before that flight.
EDIT: sometimes it can price out for other day departure with a overnight in LIM...

Last edited by shek3112; Nov 13, 17 at 3:22 am
shek3112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 3:51 am
  #69
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YVR/LAX/PVG/TPE
Posts: 123
if you opt for <24hr in SCL, you can push it down to 600s

I priced out ICN-MAD-SCL//SCL-LPB-LIM-GYE//GYE-SCY//GPS-GYE-LIM-MAD-FRA//FRA-ICN-HND for 893USD and was about to book it, but I was really greedy and wanted to add a SHA stop to avoid positioning on the way back, also trying to get a better fare class until the fare disappeared... but my body is not ready for Galapagos anyway I guess...
beyounged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 4:20 am
  #70
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 148
How long can you stay SCY-GPS? Just <24 hours?
Mateuszz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 5:01 am
  #71
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by beyounged View Post
if you opt for <24hr in SCL, you can push it down to 600s

I priced out ICN-MAD-SCL//SCL-LPB-LIM-GYE//GYE-SCY//GPS-GYE-LIM-MAD-FRA//FRA-ICN-HND for 893USD and was about to book it, but I was really greedy and wanted to add a SHA stop to avoid positioning on the way back, also trying to get a better fare class until the fare disappeared... but my body is not ready for Galapagos anyway I guess...
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...NRT0OZ106;eo=e
EDIT... forgot the GYE stop... this one works perfectly fine for you @beyonged
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HND0KE719;eo=e

this works! now i'm trying to make a route through HKG...
beyounged likes this.

Last edited by shek3112; Nov 13, 17 at 5:19 am
shek3112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 5:20 am
  #72
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Mateuszz View Post
How long can you stay SCY-GPS? Just <24 hours?
the fare allows you to stay till you want to leave... technically haha
or you're asking about visa?
shek3112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 17, 12:53 pm
  #73
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YVR/LAX/PVG/TPE
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by shek3112 View Post
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...NRT0OZ106;eo=e
EDIT... forgot the GYE stop... this one works perfectly fine for you @beyonged
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HND0KE719;eo=e

this works! now i'm trying to make a route through HKG...
thanks! was poking around dates in Dec as I wanted to get out of the cold, but my summer body is not ready yet :P also I managed to grab all segments on AS partners, which was a feat itself I would like to believe... you can definitely route through HK, but most of the results are a bit higher(50-100USD), even though they are technically the same idea, strange huh. It surely beats positioning back though!
also if I want both a stop in FRA and route through SHA I would have to search available segments and pair them up using routing codes in ITA because that would be 6 legs of travel haha!
beyounged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 17, 5:01 am
  #74
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HKG
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by Mateuszz View Post
can you send link for your route in google flight?
Hey, it was found in matrix, multi trip booking.

1. Depart ICN Arrive SCL. Via NRT LAX
2. Depart SCL Arrive SCY. Via GYE
3. Depart GPS Arrive NRT. Via GYE MAD
CX_newbie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 17, 5:04 am
  #75
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HKG
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 92


If anyone wants to join, I am on a sweet diving liveaboard Monday to Monday in Galapagos
Mateuszz likes this.
CX_newbie is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:35 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.