Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have flown one mixed-cabin itinerary and I also have one coming up in February starting in Sydney. 9 segments, 4Y all less than 5 hrs flight time and 5J. SYD-AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-LHR-SEZ-DXB-NRT then JL F×2 awards home, CX F&J awards to Australia to start our 5 week vacation.

James
I'll be doing AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL in February too, what are your dates?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317
I'll be doing AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL in February too, what are your dates?
Fly SYD-AKL on Feb 20th. On February 21st we fly AKL-PPT arriving on February 20th, the night before we leave. I will have two hotel reservations, both checking on on the 20th. lol. We are in PPT for 12 days. 2 in PPT, 8-day Tahitian cruise, 2 days in Bora Bora the fly PPT-IPC March 5th, IPC-SCL March 6th. We will have just short of 24 hours in IPC.

James.

James.
honzeek_cz likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:21 pm

Fly SYD-AKL on Feb 20th. On February 21st we fly AKL-PPT arriving on February 20th, the night before we leave. I will have two hotel reservations, both checking on on the 20th. lol. We are in PPT for 12 days. 2 in PPT, 8-day Tahitian cruise, 2 days in Bora Bora the fly PPT-IPC March 5th, IPC-SCL March 6th. We will have just short of 24 hours in IPC.

James.

James.
I'm also on the PPT-IPC flight on the 5th and on the IPC-SCL flight on the 6th. My flight from AKL to PPT is on the 3rd and I'm leaving SCL for Madrid on the 11th.

Last edited by afirm; Nov 18, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:30 pm

James.

James.
Im going the week earlier, wanted to see the Tapati festival in IPC.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:46 pm

Any one booked a route recently at a great price? Care to share your itinerary? TIA!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Any one booked a route recently at a great price? Care to share your itinerary? TIA!
Party’s over, unfortunately.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by afirm
I'm also on the PPT-IPC flight on the 5th and on the IPC-SCL flight on the 6th. My flight from AKL to PPT is on the 3rd and I'm leaving SCL for Madrid on the 11th.
I spent 6 nights in SCL in September and really enjoyed it. This time we will be just overnighting before flying to Madrid.

James
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: QF
Hey all, sorry to hear this fare is finally not available anymore. I've currently done my first flight from ICN to MAD on Korean Air in Y. The flight was OK - I managed to get a seat behind the exit row but as the exit row was only 2 seats I had no one in front of me and could stretch out. My biggest issue was that they took a very long time to serve any real food - the flight was at 11am and they didnt serve lunch and we had to wait till around 5pm for any food. I think its the first time on a flight I've had to ask if they were planning on serving anything. I've got my next fight coming up in a week or so for MAD to SCL also in Y. After that the rest is in J so happy days! Anyway I'll try and post a few trip updates after flights. I've also had a few flights not on this ticket and as im travelling with my girlfirend we have been comparing the airlines that complain that her bag is overweight (only by 1 kg) - mine is under by 5kg so combined we are well under. So far Malaysian - no problem, Korean mentioned it but said they wont charge extra. BA mentioned it too and said would let it go but would usually be 60 quid, I said well you would just have to wait while I transfer things from one bag to the other if you were going to charge me. Anyway thats a matter for another thread!
Matt4 and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:54 pm

Just finished the first half of my trip AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL, cant wait for the rest in May. What other fares have people been playing with that offers these generous routing rules that are still bookable?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:01 pm

I just did AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-DXB-SEZ-DXB-NRT in the past two weeks. It was a great trip, I combined it with SOG-OSL-CPH-HKG-SYD-AKL and SCL-EZE-SCL (was supposed to do AEP-IGR-EZE with Norwegian Argentina and Aerolineas Argentinas, but the Norwegian flight was overbooked and I was denied boarding). Arrived in SOG today after NRT-CPH-OSL-SOG.

Really loved my 24hrs in IPC, and the two extra days in EZE was also excellent. Rented a car in IPC and managed to see most of the island. I also rented a car at the Seychelles, but I only had 8 hrs altogether and more like 4 hrs before it was dark. Had a little trouble with immigration due to the short stay but after they checked my baggage it was all ok. We had a discussion about airline miles and the supervisor said he wished he was able to do the same.

I got to see a lot of places in 15 days, so this was a great fare!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by sgan317
What other fares have people been playing with that offers these generous routing rules that are still bookable?
Yeah I'd love to fly some more fares like this one. I just priced up the flights I'm doing now and it came in at 5X the cost.

I've got my last flights from this in April and looking forward to it too.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:58 am

I'm currently in SCL, just flew (BUD-HEL-ICN)-ICN-HEL-MAD-SCL on this and continuing from here to SCL-GRU-JNB (-CPT-JNB- on a different ticket)-DOH-HKG-HND, (HND-NAN-AKL with FJ) and then AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD // MAD-DOH-CMB-NRT and finally (NRT-FUK-HEL-BUD)
I gotta say, I absolutely love Santiago and am extremely happy that I have another week coming up after going around the world again! Will be in PPT for 14.-16. and IPC on 16-17 (of April if anyone happens to be around!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by elventhor
I'm currently in SCL, just flew (BUD-HEL-ICN)-ICN-HEL-MAD-SCL on this and continuing from here to SCL-GRU-JNB (-CPT-JNB- on a different ticket)-DOH-HKG-HND, (HND-NAN-AKL with FJ) and then AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD // MAD-DOH-CMB-NRT and finally (NRT-FUK-HEL-BUD)
I gotta say, I absolutely love Santiago and am extremely happy that I have another week coming up after going around the world again! Will be in PPT for 14.-16. and IPC on 16-17 (of April if anyone happens to be around!
Let me know how the SCL-GRU-JNB goes. I've got that coming up on LATAM Brazil 767, probably the oldest aircraft I'll be on during this ticket. You in J?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:55 am

Yep! Almost everything in J (well, I, but..) Currently sitting in the very nice LATAM lounge in SCL, my original flight with 767 was cancelled so I got qatar (who ticketed me) to rebook me (in J, there was never any I availability on it in the first place) on the 787 flight. (There's 3 767 and one 787 daily, it seems.)

Last edited by AY1337; Mar 18, 2019 at 10:58 am Reason: meh
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How did you book this through QR?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.