Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I wouldn't say any one person is to blame; just the fact that so many people have flown these in some crazy routings. It's one of things that by using it everyone is bringing attention to it and therefore it's end. Nothing can be done, honestly.

Congrats, again!
Yeah the unfortunate circumstance of digital age...
Thanks again, and really appreciate your help in the thread!
Now gotta relearn the whole thing from AKL again, not looking forward to doing it but there is no choice.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
So is this completely dead, or just SEL connections?

I'm not getting anything under 1700 USD for even the most bare-bone itins ex-AKL.

Last edited by notsosmart; Oct 21, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
there is now basic economy for LATAM even for long haul... but not sure what the booking class it is mapping to.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Last time I checked an all Y from SYD to TYO in the spring was pricing at USD $680. The SCL-MAD-TKO was pricing at USD $150 base fare. Usually books into S but a forced upfare to V,L is minimally more.

Not quite as favourable now with the new LA Charts for AS accrual. I have also been able to price out an all J itinerary SCL-TYO for around 3K.

James
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:41 pm

A check on EF reveals the final demise of this beloved fare. On Oct 17 to Oct 18, a completely new set of fares were filed between SCL and TYO/KIX/NGO, annihilating the YQ surcharge that was originally dropped on these segments. Now Y is pricing around 1.9k, which is completely standard. It is over, and it has been a great journey with all you folks.
honzeek_cz and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:41 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by beyounged
A check on EF reveals the final demise of this beloved fare. On Oct 17 to Oct 18, a completely new set of fares were filed between SCL and TYO/KIX/NGO, annihilating the YQ surcharge that was originally dropped on these segments. Now Y is pricing around 1.9k, which is completely standard. It is over, and it has been a great journey with all you folks.
Might be beyond dead, I can't even price 1.9K. AKL-SCL-TYO doesn't price with LA either. I was about to book this week as well.. ah shame.. I'm hopeful it'll be back....
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by richh1833
Might be beyond dead, I can't even price 1.9K. AKL-SCL-TYO doesn't price with LA either. I was about to book this week as well.. ah shame.. I'm hopeful it'll be back....
you might be right. ITA cannot pull up the fare, so the rough search on GF must be from another carrier, not LA. I guess LA decided to forgo their massive AKL-SCL-Asia crowd by prohibiting this combination :P
reading the fare rules brings interesting points: KLESFZGB forces combinations only on this tariff, but allows unlimited transfers and stopovers.
Also, interestingly, the J fares were not changed at all... hmmmm...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:40 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
you might be right. ITA cannot pull up the fare, so the rough search on GF must be from another carrier, not LA. I guess LA decided to forgo their massive AKL-SCL-Asia crowd by prohibiting this combination :P
reading the fare rules brings interesting points: KLESFZGB forces combinations only on this tariff, but allows unlimited transfers and stopovers.
I've encountered similar issues previously. Randomly LA would zero out certain inventory for no reason followed up by things not being able to be priced. SYD-SCL-TYO doesn't work either so perhaps something more is going on....
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:02 am

AA has filed fares for ICN-SCL. TPAC on AA metal. Unlimited Stopovers and unlimited transfers in the USA. I have found AA fares ICN-TYO-LAX-SCL or ICN-TYO-DFW-SC for $608. Maybe that is what you are seeing on your preliminary GF search.

James
armouredant likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Only on AA metal?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Only on AA metal?
AA on the TPAC, you can do LA from USA, LAX,DFW,JFK,MIA, CX to HKG, KE to TYO to connect to AA. For $791 ICN-DFW-SCL on AA metal in L class for 100% to AS. $1170 for PE, although I don't think 10% COS bonus is worth the extra $379.

A reasonable option to get to SCL with 100% EQM to AS.

James
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
But I don't get free upgrades on AA metal... ;-(
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:21 pm

systemwide can be used on AA on all fare.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:08 pm

If only I had such upgrade certificates.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:28 am

If u can make latam black, aa emerald isn't that difficult

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.