Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:29 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by armouredant
PPT-SCL-PPT is a return fare that is combinable. SCL-TYO-SCL is a return fare that is combinable... I'm trying to combine the second half of the latter with the second half of the former. I'm guessing that's what's not allowed.
Sorry I was confused since SEL-SCL is a one-way fare. My best guess is that you're running out of availabilities for the periods your trying or the fare is just weird. For example a stop at SEZ for 24h+ should technically be possible according to the fare rules but I've never been able to price it.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Anything is possible as long as the fare exist. In the example below I'm using a combination of IEXEV00Q+NLXSP30V. Notice these fares allow half round trips and open-jaws (OJ) which make the combination possible. I think the biggest challenge is finding the cheapest half round trip fares that work.

Wait a minute, you got business class flights on the outbound? I thought that would drive up the price a lot? Is the rest of your booking all in economy then?
Because 2261 USD for a Y/J mixed-cabin booking doesn't sound great...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:18 am

My take is that at least either the inbound or the outbound has to be Y, because the Y leg mysteriously voids the YQ requirements for both legs, so you can totally do J outbound by Y inbound, which does not change anything, as you still need to spend 20+ hr in Y to get back to where you started in north Asia.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Obviously it could be much more convenient to fly J on the outbound and "miss" some Y legs on the return.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks zoqfotpik! I'm trying to route this ICN-EZE fare via MLE and GYE/UIO as I could the SCL-TYO fare; not having as much luck.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by armouredant
Thanks zoqfotpik! I'm trying to route this ICN-EZE fare via MLE and GYE/UIO as I could the SCL-TYO fare; not having as much luck.
It's probably over the MPM limit. Anything over would cost extra or won't price at all.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I just finished the 5 J segments of my itinerary this morning and staying a night in Tokyo. From entering the Airport in SCL to being outside again was 49 1/2 hours. Flew SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT. Emirates was, by far, the most enjoyable of LA, EK, KE & CX. 30,404 miles in total for the itinerary which will earn 92K AS miles with CC Spend.

Tomorrow NRT-MEL-SYD then SYD-NAN-LAX-SEA-YLW.

James
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I just finished the 5 J segments of my itinerary this morning and staying a night in Tokyo. From entering the Airport in SCL to being outside again was 49 1/2 hours. Flew SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT. Emirates was, by far, the most enjoyable of LA, EK, KE & CX. 30,404 miles in total for the itinerary which will earn 92K AS miles with CC Spend.

Tomorrow NRT-MEL-SYD then SYD-NAN-LAX-SEA-YLW.

James
Did the check in agents look at you like you were crazy?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Did the check in agents look at you like you were crazy?
There was a couple of double-takes for sure. I had three separate record locators. When I checked in in ICN, amazing service. Agent apologized for the length of the queue, about 35 ahead of me that was processed in less than 15 minutes, and thanked me for my patience.

I checked luggage, for the first part in Y it was ICN(KE)-HKG(QF)-SYD(QF)-SCL. The bag checked all the way through. Agent was concerned I would be without my bag and asked if I needed to short check. KE N fare is not eligible for seat selection prior to check-in. After going over the itinerary, he put me in an exit row with no seat in front "because I had a long way to go" and also put a priority label on the bag so I wouldn't have wait too long when I got to SCL. Sure enough, it was one of the first off of the belt.

For the J flights SCL(LA)-MAD(EK)-DXB(EK)-ICN(KE)-HKG(CX)-NRT My bag was only checked to HGK, CX was a different record locator. When I arrived at the transfer desk in HKG it seemed like something they deal with often. They located my bag, presented it to customs, retagged it, provided me with the new tag information, my boarding pass and lounge invitation all within 20 minutes of arrival. I enjoyed the Noodled bar and stuffed myself again with a full dinner service on a 1:00 am departure to Tokyo.

Great experience, incredible efficiency too especially with customs, immigration and transfers. To clear immigration, two index finger prints, a photo and a passport stamp all in under 3 minutes from arriving in ICN & NRT.

Can't wait to do it again!

James
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Obviously it could be much more convenient to fly J on the outbound and "miss" some Y legs on the return.
One way ticket in J between ICN and EZE with same routing as above (the GRU-EZE leg in Y) are available for under USD 1,900, so no need to add on a Y booking, if you are not going to use it.

Been following this tread with great interest - will be travelling from East Asia to Argentina for Xmas/New Year, but unfortunately I have not been able to confirm travel dates yet.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: QR Plat
forgot to include example above.

Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:35 am

That's too expensive, I think. But thanks anyway.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:06 am

I just completed ICN-HKG-SYD-SCL in Y, SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT in J, 30,404 base miles. Total $2174.00. Now that JJ flights credit to AS, I will be looking at a JNB stopover and a CPT side-trip or open jaw to visit friends. Stopovers only seem to work where you are arriving or departing on LA.

James
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I just completed ICN-HKG-SYD-SCL in Y, SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT in J, 30,404 base miles. Total $2174.00. Now that JJ flights credit to AS, I will be looking at a JNB stopover and a CPT side-trip or open jaw to visit friends. Stopovers only seem to work where you are arriving or departing on LA.

James
I am also able to add stopovers after arriving/departing on Iberia after LA leg i.e. in MAD-FCO..stopover... or MAD-FRA. However the logic when is the stopover permited and when not is like magic to me.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I am also able to add stopovers after arriving/departing on Iberia after LA leg i.e. in MAD-FCO..stopover... or MAD-FRA. However the logic when is the stopover permited and when not is like magic to me.
From my many trials, I am only able to price it with stopovers at a LA connection point, either arriving on LA or departing on LA. For instance SYD/MEL, AKL, PPT, IPC, SCL, LIM, MAD, FRA, LAX, DFW, MIA, JFK. In theory also EZE, JNB, possibly CPT and others; however, I have not tested those as at the time they would not credit to AS. The BA non-stop SCL-LHR is specifically excluded in the rules.

James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.