Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
honzeek_cz how are you getting these to price up around 38,000 -46,000 in czk?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:57 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I am looking for an itinerary that starts with ICN-HEL on AY, potentially followed by HEL-ARN on AY.
Then onwards to SCL - are there better/other options than HEL/ARN-FRA-MAD-SCL?
I want to fly as much as possible on LA widebody metal (because I get upgrades to business class for free thanks to my matched LATAM Black status). It would be nice to try the LATAM A350 as well, I've only flown their 788/789.
Then for the return flight I would like to either stick to LATAM metal again, or book it in business class. I don't want to fly non-LATAM longhaul economy except for ICN-HEL.
If booked in business class, I am very open for creative routings. Like LHR-SEZ? If allowed, I could also route via NZ/Australia and the Pacific (haven't been to NZ/Australia in many years), but then it would have to be in business class.
Also it would be nice to optimize for AS accrual this time (last time I didn't care about mileage earnings at all).

Don't get me wrong, I will plan this myself, but I thought maybe someone has some recommendations here.
I think the only change you'll get LA metal is FRA/MAD-SCL or SCL-AKL/MEL.

The problem is SEZ and some of the other exotic destinations is that anything more than 24h will break the fare even if it's within the rules. I think we've PMed about this.

Nice optimisation for AS earning would most likely have QF from LHR-SIN in Y in order to maximise your earnings.

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz

a
Did a route similar to this, SYD-SCL-GYE-SCY/GPS-GYE-MAD-LHR-SIN-HND
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It doesn't have to be LA metal, it could also be JJ metal etc.
I would be fine with staying at SEZ for less than 24h - but I would definitely not fly LHR-SIN in Y.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by armouredant
honzeek_cz how are you getting these to price up around 38,000 -46,000 in czk?
have u tried replicating it?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:19 am
Formerly richh1833

I would be fine with staying at SEZ for less than 24h - but I would definitely not fly LHR-SIN in Y.
QF A380 upper deck is pretty comfortable!

Had a look at LATAM a350 routes:

Sao Paulo Guarulhos GRU – BCN Barcelona (Commenced) Except 15 December 2018-30 March 2019
Sao Paulo Guarulgos GRU – FRA Frankfurt – Starts 2019 (-1000)
Sao Paulo Guarulhos GRU – LIM Lima – Starts 1 October 2018
Sao Paulo Guarulhos GRU – MAD Madrid – Resumes 1 October 2018
Sao Paulo Guarulhos GRU – JFK New York (Commenced)
Sao Paulo Guarulhos GRU – MCO Orlando – Resumes 1 July-30 September 2018; 15 December 2018-31 January 2019; then 2 March 2019
Sao Paulo Guarulhos GRU – CDG Paris CDG (Commenced)

Take your pick and maybe try to build something out of it. You could go GRU-SCL-SYD/AKL/MEL for fun on your back to TYO.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:40 am

I just gave it another go, this time specifying the stopover airport. Thank you!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I booked mine with a Travel Agent. Took the matrix printout with me and it was replicated in < 10 minutes.

James
I did the same - the travel was quite surprised at the end fare result
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:43 am

I'm trying to bend this IEXEV6GB+NLESP00V fare combo into something I can really take advantage of next year. But I'd like to start in the far east in January and finish in Polynesia late next year. I'm having trouble flipping it around though.

I can price up PPT-IPC/IPC-SCL-MAD/MAD-DOH-MLE/MLE-CMB/CMB-TYO with the PPT-IPC-SCL sectors in Y and everything else in J. But I'd ideally like TYO-CMB/CMB-MLE/MLE-DOH-LON/LON-MAD-SCL-IPC/IPC-PPT. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can get the reverse route to price?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:38 am
Formerly richh1833

I'm trying to bend this IEXEV6GB+NLESP00V fare combo into something I can really take advantage of next year. But I'd like to start in the far east in January and finish in Polynesia late next year. I'm having trouble flipping it around though.

I can price up PPT-IPC/IPC-SCL-MAD/MAD-DOH-MLE/MLE-CMB/CMB-TYO with the PPT-IPC-SCL sectors in Y and everything else in J. But I'd ideally like TYO-CMB/CMB-MLE/MLE-DOH-LON/LON-MAD-SCL-IPC/IPC-PPT. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can get the reverse route to price?
I don't think its possible. TYO is an expensive starting point and I don't know if PPT is a special fare from SCL. PPT-SCL-TYO works because PPT-SCL is potentially cheap enough to make SCL-TYO in J worthwhile. Normally you need a cheap starting point like ICN/SYD/AKL and to end in TYO.
armouredant likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:04 am

What's stumping me is that I can use the outbound component of IEXEV6GB and the outbound component of NLESP00V in combination, but apparently not the return components of either? Is that just how fare combinations work - you can only combine the outbounds?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:46 am
Formerly richh1833

What's stumping me is that I can use the outbound component of IEXEV6GB and the outbound component of NLESP00V in combination, but apparently not the return components of either? Is that just how fare combinations work - you can only combine the outbounds?
I'm confused by your statement. The fares are designed from point to point. PPT-SCL/SCL-TYO is not the same thing as TYO-SCL/SCL-PPT.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I am currently on EK142 from MAD to DXB. Flight segment 2 of my 5 J flights from SCL-NRT. I flew LA706 J last night from SCL. EK Business feels like First comparatively.

My routing is SCL(LA)-MAD(EK)-DXB(EK)-ICN(KE)-HKG(CX)-NRT.

Slight twist, on a 2 hour ground hold in MAD by ATC apparently due to Spanish Military Air Operations. Might miss my connection in DXB for ICN. Oh well!

As far as SEZ, I have that booked in March 2019, 16 hour layover. Arrive on BA @ 8:00 am from LHR on a lie-flat, depart just before midnight on EK lie-flat to DXB.

My February itinerary is SYD-AKL-PPT/8 days/PPT-IPC(23h)-SCL 4 Y segments, each < 5 hours followed by SCL-MAD-LHR(22h)-SEZ(16H)-DXB(23h)-NRT 5 J segments.

Connecting to Australia & connecting from Japan will be with AS awards. CX F to Australia, JL F from Japan.

James
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by richh1833
I'm confused by your statement. The fares are designed from point to point. PPT-SCL/SCL-TYO is not the same thing as TYO-SCL/SCL-PPT.
PPT-SCL-PPT is a return fare that is combinable. SCL-TYO-SCL is a return fare that is combinable... I'm trying to combine the second half of the latter with the second half of the former. I'm guessing that's what's not allowed.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:33 am

delete

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 19, 2018 at 1:41 am
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:41 am

Anything is possible as long as the fare exist. In the example below I'm using a combination of IEXEV00Q+NLXSP30V. Notice these fares allow half round trips and open-jaws (OJ) which make the combination possible. I think the biggest challenge is finding the cheapest half round trip fares that work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.