Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Either just the outbound or both directions, it would depend on the price.
I am fine with coach on LATAM metal as I usually get upgraded anyway (LATAM Black).
F BC=I will probably kick up the price, so I was hoping there might be some way to get a mix of coach and business on the outbound as well, for a low price...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: QF
Is ITA Matrix now limited to 6 flights?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by rosege
Is ITA Matrix now limited to 6 flights?
Use the advanced controls to input the transit points you want. E.G. Flight 1 ICN to MAD , use advanced controls and input HEL to split your flight in ICN - HEL and HEL-MAD
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My friend and I had booked this fare in Y. Upgraded SCL-BOG for free using my LATAM Black status (matched from BA). The flight was operated by Wamos Air (A330 previously owned by AB) instead of the LA 787.
For this terrible inconvenience (we were still upgraded to C for free!) we just received a 100 USD travel voucher each.
I love LATAM!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Polo1980
Use the advanced controls to input the transit points you want. E.G. Flight 1 ICN to MAD , use advanced controls and input HEL to split your flight in ICN - HEL and HEL-MAD
ok think you're right - must have forgotten thats what I was doing before. Cheers
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:33 pm

Finally booked tonight. I couldnt get my #1 option to ticket. I had to use my back up option. Not sure why the original wasnt ticketing. #1 routing was AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-GRU-FCO-DOH-CGK-NRT

Ended up ticketing AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-GRU-JNB-DOH-CGK-NRT

Booked via AA. Looks like AA dropped the QR YQ too as the ticket only cost $2070 USD.

All flights booked under a oneworld marketing carrier so earnings should look like this when crediting to AA

Thanks for all the advice and help from everyone on this forum. Especially Flying For Fun
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
That’s a fabulous routing - well done! So many permutations on this fare - who needs a One World Explorer ;-)
ubiest and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317

Ended up ticketing AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-GRU-JNB-DOH-CGK-NRT Booked via AA. Looks like AA dropped the QR YQ too as the ticket only cost $2070 USD.

Thanks for all the advice and help from everyone on this forum. Especially Flying For Fun
Awesome! Happy you found something that works for you. JJ flights now credit to AS so I will definitely be looking at GRU-JNB on my next trip. I have friends in CPT.

James
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:08 am

All flights booked under a oneworld marketing carrier so earnings should look like this when crediting to AA

Quite a difference in RDM between AA & AS. Here is how my itinerary looks with the changes to LA earnings. Someone without status would earn enough EQM for MVP and have enough RDM for a CX J North America - SE Asia award.

Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Quite a difference in RDM between AA & AS. Here is how my itinerary looks with the changes to LA earnings. Someone without status would earn enough EQM for MVP and have enough RDM for a CX J North America - SE Asia award.

Youre also flying 5k more miles but yeah, the new AA earnings structure is crap. Dont worry, im sure a devaluation will hit AS sooner than later.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:12 am

Youre also flying 5k more miles but yeah, the new AA earnings structure is crap. Dont worry, im sure a devaluation will hit AS sooner than later.
Completely agree! Feels way overdue. Until then...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all, long-time lurker here.

Thanks to all the help here, I managed to price a full J SCL-NRT RT itinerary that allows me to reach places I always wanted to visit, as well as try out and compare a range of OW products. 7 outbound and 8 return segments that price as £3k on ITA and £3.3k on Priceline, giving me 1820TP at 1.8£/TP (1x160TP MAD-SCL, 11x140TP, 3x40TP), 68k Avios and over 80h spent in the air (!) that should take me within very close reach of GGL.

Three questions:
a) I can somehow only manage to price up 15 segments with Priceline. Adding a 16th segment won't price with Priceline no matter what I try. As a BAEC, an extra 40+ TP (e.g. short Japan domestic hop) would be sweet. Any advice on this? I already maxed out 125% MPM on the 7-segment outbound (100 miles left) so trying to add a 9th segment on the return may be a problem due to symmetry (or am I overthinking this)?
b) Priceline can only give me a price if I don't include any stopovers. Ideally I'd like to have one on my way back in MAD so I can have some rest and take the last MAD-SCL of my itinerary a month later for a South America trip. I swear it priced just fine when I tried yesterday but now it doesn't work no matter what I do. Any advice? Can I mess with the URL somehow?
c) As aforementioned, Priceline charges about £300 more in taxes and surcharges. As far as I know, I can't see a breakdown unless I enter payment information. Is there any way to see what this is and ideally any way to reduce this?

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, is there any way to pay Priceline in GBP?
EDIT2: Edited wording for clarification

Last edited by SCLNRT; Jul 23, 2018 at 2:15 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Finally booked tonight. I couldnt get my #1 option to ticket. I had to use my back up option. Not sure why the original wasnt ticketing. #1 routing was AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-GRU-FCO-DOH-CGK-NRT

Ended up ticketing AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-GRU-JNB-DOH-CGK-NRT

Booked via AA. Looks like AA dropped the QR YQ too as the ticket only cost $2070 USD.

Congrats on a great itinerary, even if only was your second choice.

Just a minor remark on your EQM&EQD calculations. From August 18, LA fare class has been devaluated, crediting to AA. Presently as you posted, EQM 0,5 and EQD 10%. Sadly will be EQM 0,25 and EQD 5% in four weeks
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by SCLNRT
Hi all, long-time lurker here.

Thanks to all the help here, I managed to price a full J SCL-NRT RT itinerary that allows me to reach places I always wanted to visit, as well as try out and compare a range of OW products. 7 outbound and 8 return segments that price as £3k on ITA and £3.3k on Priceline, giving me 1820TP at 1.8£/TP (1x160TP MAD-SCL, 11x140TP, 3x40TP), 68k Avios and over 80h spent in the air (!) that should take me within very close reach of GGL.

Three questions:
a) I can somehow only manage to price up 15 segments with Priceline. Adding a 16th segment won't price with Priceline no matter what I try. As a BAEC, an extra 40+ TP (e.g. short Japan domestic hop) would be sweet. Any advice on this? I already maxed out 125% MPM on the 7-segment outbound (100 miles left) so trying to add a 9th segment on the return may be a problem due to symmetry (or am I overthinking this)?
b) I can price only without any stopovers. Ideally I'd like to have one on my way back in MAD so I can have some rest and take the last MAD-SCL of my itinerary a month later for a South America trip. I swear it priced just fine when I tried yesterday but now it doesn't work no matter what I do. Any advice? Can I mess with the URL somehow?
c) As aforementioned, Priceline charges about £300 more in taxes and surcharges. As far as I know, I can't see a breakdown unless I enter payment information. Is there any way to see what this is and ideally any way to reduce this?

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, is there any way to pay Priceline in GBP?
b) try minconnect if you were using Matrix.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter

b) try minconnect if you were using Matrix.
Sorry, I meant that my itinerary on Matrix is already built, but I cannot feed it to Priceline in a way that it generates a price for me. But it works completely fine without any stopover in my routing.

Out of curiosity, also tried introducing a long minconnect value on the last two legs, but Matrix cannot find any flights for minconnect>3000 (50h), I guess that's around the largest allowed parameter for minconnect?

Edit: Even when introducing a modest layover of 25h on my last leg, Priceline cannot price it for me. Very annoying!

Last edited by SCLNRT; Jul 23, 2018 at 2:21 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.