Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
I'm definitely tempted, especially by the AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL routing. In combination with a cheap C2-AKL/TYO-C2 ticket on CA this could be a beautiful RTW with stopovers in PEK, AKL, PPT, IPC and SCL, followed by a short trip to Japan for less than 1500€.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by beyounged
played around for a while, this can be a great trip to take given the stamina and time, and base on my limited knowledge about AS, it can earn a lot of miles.(book into V,S,N on LA stock so that is 100% on AS I assume?) ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-FRA-HND earns almost 50k for MVP75K if my calc are correct.

if depart from ICN it is apparently difficult to build a stopover on the outbound no matter where, and if you want to visit IPC/PPT you have to leave from c6. you can return to KIX, OKA etc for a bit more. inbound can have multiple stopovers in c4,c2,c3,but anything complicated chokes google to produce a link to priceline, such as mixing in carriers like JL and sometimes EK. (the stopovers give FTers based in c2 a good chance to break up the legs, or just hop off at any gateway in c3 like PEK,ICN,TPE,HKG,SHA,BKK. fyi, PPT-IPC only runs on tuesdays)

wonder also why only ICN works for c3 (LA should publish fares to China and others right?), and c1/c2 seems impossible as an origin.
1) This isn't the Trick It, so no need for the Cx stuff.
2) Leaving from ICN I can price stopovers in Australia no problem, but it does drive the price up because the fare rules call for a surcharge for all stopovers. Unlike the exSCL which allows 1 for free
3) You can originate in many places besides ICN, to include China, but the price is more due to higher fares.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
1) This isn't the Trick It, so no need for the Cx stuff.
2) Leaving from ICN I can price stopovers in Australia no problem, but it does drive the price up because the fare rules call for a surcharge for all stopovers. Unlike the exSCL which allows 1 for free
3) You can originate in many places besides ICN, to include China, but the price is more due to higher fares.
Oops sorry laziness does get me all the time, and using cX has been a slight habit haha.

yeah but the cpm of this can increase very quickly when adding stopovers left and right though, so for MR I will just do my ordinary ICN-MAD-SCL-MAD-FRA-HND~!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by ec6863
ICN-SYD-SCL-MAD-NRT.....This is a huge play for Alaska Airlines, I am trying to figure out a way to get to Asia to make this round the world ticket.
In checking ITA it looks to me as if most of the fare classes only earn 50% on AS, base fare and RDM. While the mileage cost is still good, it's not quite as dramatic as first appears - I think in the neighborhood of .05 per mile.

Its a great find, however, because the routing is very attractive for travel. Stopover costs can be fairly reasonable if you schedule it right, as well.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by pfbloom
In checking ITA it looks to me as if most of the fare classes only earn 50% on AS, base fare and RDM. While the mileage cost is still good, it's not quite as dramatic as first appears - I think in the neighborhood of .05 per mile.

Its a great find, however, because the routing is very attractive for travel. Stopover costs can be fairly reasonable if you schedule it right, as well.
Which ITA are you using? I can only get it to work with Priceline. I'd rather use a UK ITA if I can find one.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
The cheapest I got was out from PL, most Kayak came back with +$200 or even more.

I think the most bargain stopover is IPC, totaling to around $912 on PL. Bare-bone is $667.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Calgary88
The cheapest I got was out from PL, most Kayak came back with +$200 or even more.

I think the most bargain stopover is IPC, totaling to around $912 on PL. Bare-bone is $667.
Does the $912 price include PPT? What dates are you using? I'm trying to get AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-LHR-EDI (departing April) then EDI-HEL-TYO (departing August or September). The best I can get on Priceline is $1182.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Only 1 stopover at IPC (7 days), PPT just a same day transfer.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: none
For 929usd I am able to have stopovers at PPT and IPC. Only found on PL in April.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:57 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by jakwilk
For 929usd I am able to have stopovers at PPT and IPC. Only found on PL in April.
Yep me too but I can't seem to price SCL-FRA-NRT only SCL-MAD-NRT. I also found that stopping at PPT and IPC then stopping someone within the SCL-TYO segment would put the price up by $100~
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:07 am

Strangely NRT seems to get cheaper results on Priceline than TYO.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by pfbloom

ITA shows mostly S, N fares, with some routing via LIM showing X on the SCL-MAD sector. and only X, U and A earn 50% with AS, so maybe this is actually a good deal? where are you seeing all X, U or A fares?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by beyounged
ITA shows mostly S, N fares, with some routing via LIM showing X on the SCL-MAD sector. and only X, U and A earn 50% with AS, so maybe this is actually a good deal? where are you seeing all X, U or A fares?
You are correct... in part. Korean only earns 50% on N fares, AA only 50% on S, N fares. But, yes, LATAM and QF do earn at 100% on both N and S. My mistake!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:24 pm

I booked with Priceline - AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-LGW-EDI three month stopover, then EDI-HEL-NRT. How can I find out what the fare basis code on each sector is? I've tried entering the PNRs into the LAN, Air Tahiti, BA and Finnair websites but that information isn't displayed. Priceline online chat also had no idea!
jakwilk likes this.

Last edited by andymac66; Oct 23, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:30 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by andymac66
I booked with Priceline - AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-LGW-EDI three month stopover, then EDI-HEL-NRT. How can I find out what the fare basis code on each sector is? I've tried entering the PNRs into the LAN, Air Tahiti, BA and Finnair websites but that information isn't displayed. Priceline online chat also had no idea!
How much was it ? Are you stopping anywhere besides EDI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.