Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page > La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Reply

Old Apr 15, 18, 1:34 pm
  #211  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO / HGH
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,047
Originally Posted by notsosmart View Post
I've played around with all combos, but they all kick over to LATAM Ecuador/Brazil/Etc. and I was under the impression that those do not earn AS miles, only LAN Chile operated flights do. Or am I wrong in that reading of the rules?
The AS 'LAN' chart is a total mess. AFAIK, it's not just LAN Chile flights that can be credited, it's most LATAM flights other than LATAM Brazil (those have flight numbers that fall outside the allowed range, legacy TAM numbers). I've had LATAM Peru and LATAM Ecuador flights credit when the flight number fell within the allowed range.

As for LA1440/1441 (+ LA2484/2485) - Provided it's not coded or operated by Wamos, it should credit according to the chart since it's operated by "LAN" and falls between flight numbers 1400-1943 (or 2000-2943)
notsosmart likes this.
pushmyredbutton is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:14 am
  #212  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Black, BA Gold, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 584
Is the deal dead from AKL?
The cheapest flights I can find are 1,474€.
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:41 am
  #213  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Black, BA Gold, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 584
Never mind, I was probably just exceeding MPM trying to route through MAD...
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 6:52 am
  #214  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Posts: 13,779
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
Never mind, I was probably just exceeding MPM trying to route through MAD...
I'm routing through MAD because I want to, am getting below $1100, or around $1400 if Adding the PPT-IPC routing.

What are you looking at?
notsosmart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 9:34 am
  #215  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Black, BA Gold, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 584
I was trying to route AKL-PPT-IPC-BOG-LIM-MAD-FRA-HND, which would have more LA segments (=free upgrades), but it doesn’t work, probably due to MPM.

Routing AKL-PPT-IPC-LIM-BOG-MAD-FRA-HND does work, however. But then BOG-MAD is on IB metal (=no upgrade). I just flew that in Y and I couldn’t sleep for one minute (exit row window seat with the door sticking out and also there was a lot of light from the galley and lavatory). Through this fare I have found out that coach is perfectly fine for day flights if you have enough legroom (I’m not even tall), but for redeyes I’d really prefer C...
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 11:11 am
  #216  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Posts: 13,779
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
I was trying to route AKL-PPT-IPC-BOG-LIM-MAD-FRA-HND, which would have more LA segments (=free upgrades), but it doesn’t work, probably due to MPM.

Routing AKL-PPT-IPC-LIM-BOG-MAD-FRA-HND does work, however. But then BOG-MAD is on IB metal (=no upgrade). I just flew that in Y and I couldn’t sleep for one minute (exit row window seat with the door sticking out and also there was a lot of light from the galley and lavatory). Through this fare I have found out that coach is perfectly fine for day flights if you have enough legroom (I’m not even tall), but for redeyes I’d really prefer C...
Wouldn't we all prefer C?

My itins are as vanilla as I can make them, though I am TRYING to force KE instead of AY, to see if I can get 100% miles on AS Mileage Plan. If not, c'est la vie, I'm treating this as a vacation trip not a mileage run anyway.
notsosmart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:18 pm
  #217  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YVR/LAX/PVG/TPE
Posts: 185
Just got all my miles posted. I flew LA2417 LA2485 and had to email in for the credit. I lost my LIM-MAD boarding pass during my 5 segment epic voyage, (they left me a short stub and over 80 hours no sleeping is not advantageous for me to keep a tiny piece of paper) and now it seems like I just lost 13k miles... But can confirm LP and XL flights do credit, as long as they fall in the range, Galapago flights will not.
beyounged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 6:54 pm
  #218  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO / HGH
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,047
Originally Posted by beyounged View Post
Just got all my miles posted. I flew LA2417 LA2485 and had to email in for the credit. I lost my LIM-MAD boarding pass during my 5 segment epic voyage, (they left me a short stub and over 80 hours no sleeping is not advantageous for me to keep a tiny piece of paper) and now it seems like I just lost 13k miles... But can confirm LP and XL flights do credit, as long as they fall in the range, Galapago flights will not.
Are you sure you can't credit to AS without the boarding pass? I've had two LATAM itineraries in the past that didn't post, and all I had to provide was a copy of the receipt and one boarding pass (presumably to prove I started travel). AS states:
For partner airline flights that aren't eligible for online requests, please send a copy of your passenger receipt and at least one boarding pass to:
I wouldn't let 13k miles go that easy
pushmyredbutton is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:41 pm
  #219  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YVR/LAX/PVG/TPE
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Are you sure you can't credit to AS without the boarding pass? I've had two LATAM itineraries in the past that didn't post, and all I had to provide was a copy of the receipt and one boarding pass (presumably to prove I started travel). AS states:I wouldn't let 13k miles go that easy
Me too! It is almost 6k MQM as well, I have already emailed back, and hopefully they will just credit it. I have not enclosed a receipt yet, but I can definitely do so if they require so. Think this way, if a program awards you 13k miles for one economy flight, it is a damn nice program.
beyounged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:58 pm
  #220  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YVR/LAX/PVG/TPE
Posts: 185
Also for ChocolateFactory, base on my experience at GYE 2 weeks ago, it looks like WAMOS operated flights are actually only flown by WAMOS metal, as the crew is also trained by LA, and the entire service is said to be tuned to be as close to LA as possible (so those stupid 1-dish meals!). I do not know, but I asked a ground agent. Also, everywhere it is 100% shown as LA1440 instead of EB coded flights, display boards to boarding passes, so I am fairly confident AS will not know a thing if it is operated by a strange Spanish holiday airline or not.
beyounged is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread