UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rbAA
Looking To Meetup?

If you are interested in meeting up or wondering if anyone else is traveling on a certain date, look here.

Date - Segment - Handle

11/1 - LAX - SIN - westleyl
11/1 - LAX - SIN - bsdstone
11/2 - LAX - SIN - irelayer
11/2 - LAX - SIN - EbonyTatas
11/2 - LAX - SIN - Asknorm
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UnitedHeavy
11/2 - LAX - SIN - cocktailsfirst
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UAL
11/2 - LAX - SIN - UA Mike
11/3 - SIN - LAX - westleyl
11/3 - SIN - LAX - bsdstone
11/4 - LAX - SIN - pscabrea
11/4 - SIN - LAX - UAL
11/5 - LAX - SIN - paagal
11/5 - SIN - LAX - irelayer
11/5 - SIN - LAX - EbonyTatas
11/5 - SIN - LAX - Asknorm
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UnitedHeavy
11/5 - SIN - LAX - cocktails first
11/5 - SIN - LAX - UA Mike
11/6 - SIN - LAX - pscabrea
11/7 - SFO - SIN - rbAA
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/8 - LAX - SIN - kmcarter
11/8 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/9 - LAX - SIN - SeanTek
11/10 - LAX - SIN - bthumme
11/10 - SIN - LAX - kmcarter
11/12 - SIN - SFO - bthumme
11/12 - SIN - LAX - paagal12
11/19 - SIN - LAX - SeanTek
11/20 - SFO - SIN - jqlx
11/20 - LAX-SIN - GDL
11/22 - LAX - SIN - 985X
11/22 - LAX - SIN - colinary
11/23 - SIN - LAX - jqlx
11/23 SIN-LAX - GDL
11/24 - SIN - LAX - 985X
11/28 - LAX - SIN - capreppie
11/28 LAX-SIN - GDL
11/29 EWR - LAX - SIN - dnpierson1
11/30 SIN-LAX - GDL
12/4 - SIN-LAX - colinary
12/4 - SIN - LAX - EWR
12/5 - SIN - LAX - capreppie
12/5 - LAX - SIN - rojo
12/7 - SFO - SIN - jjmoore
12/10 - SIN - LAX - jjmoore
12/11 - SIN - LAX - rojo
1/23 SIN-LAX-rbAA
Print Wikipost

UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I just returned from SIN the other day. I'm UA Platinum, and was able to go into the SQ Krisflyer Gold lounge. The lounge isn't anything special...I was actually REALLY disappointed in their food and beverage selection, not to mention they didn't have any sleep/lounge area to get away from the lights and recline a bit during my 7 hour layover there. I didn't know that I could have gone into the SATS Premier lounge for free (I used my Priority Pass card, so I technically got in for free anyway). That would have been nice to know, though! Anyway, I thought that lounge was a MUCH better option compared to the SQ lounge! Showers, massage chairs, and much better food/beverage!
Im in the Krisflyer lounge right now after arriving this morning from LAX. Agree it is disappointing. Quiet, not great food and definitely no place to stretch out. They don't even have a bathroom here, let alone a shower.

I was told we could use the SATS lounge, and tried and the woman told me no...said they are not affiliated with Star alliance...the folks at the Krisflyer lounge said this was really the only lounge I had access to.

As for the flight...was my first time on a Dreamliner, and I was impressed! Was in 22A with an empty middle seat. IFE is very nice, seats are comfortable enough and man, that plane is quiet!
Got a decent amount of sleep without the benefit of a sleep aid.
I walked for about 5,000 steps in the airport...catching up on emails for work and flyertalk now. Will head out for another 5,000 or so steps before jumping back on board for the flight to LAX at 11am. In 19A with an open center seat again.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I was told we could use the SATS lounge, and tried and the woman told me no...said they are not affiliated with Star alliance...the folks at the Krisflyer lounge said this was really the only lounge I had access to.
If I remember correctly, last time I used the SATS lounge, I got an invitation/coupon at checkin.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
If there is an agent at transfer desk, who can issue UA boarding passes, he/she should be able to give you an invitation to SATS lounge. I have not done this. So, I do not know the answer.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Sats can issuee you a certificate without your bp. Just show your itinerary to the matron.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Im in the Krisflyer lounge right now after arriving this morning from LAX. Agree it is disappointing. Quiet, not great food and definitely no place to stretch out. They don't even have a bathroom here, let alone a shower.

She's correct that SATS isn't affiliated with Star Alliance but as a Gold status, you should have received an invitation at the transfer desk when checking in for your return flight unless something has changed recently.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by mrswirl
She's correct that SATS isn't affiliated with Star Alliance but as a Gold status, you should have received an invitation at the transfer desk when checking in for your return flight unless something has changed recently.
Got it. That may be the case.

Both times I went to the transfer desk, nobody from UA was there to help me...so I was sent running to the gate 45 minutes before departure and they printed one for me there.

Flight back was uneventful and had an empty middle seat.

Got to chat briefly with another flyertalker on my flight which was fun...slept most of the way and had to bolt to catch my connector to Chicago...which is now delayed! ugh
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Never knew that the STAs was able to be invited through the transfer desk
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:47 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
11/20 LAX-SIN -- GDL
11/23 SIN-LAX -- GDL

11/28 LAX-SIN -- GDL
11/30 SIN-LAX -- GDL

Safe travels out there. Hope to see you folks around.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: United
Hello All,

New to forum, but have run across it a few times this year. Been doing a lot of international travel for work in the last half of this year and find myself less than 9k miles from 1k status. So, I just booked this deal. Too new to edit the wiki, but could someone list me as kmcarter with LAX-SIN 11/8 and SIN-LAX 11/10?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
This fare reminds me of the 90s when UAL flew B747 400s via NRT to SIN. Those were some good times in South East Asia back then.

Tempted to hop onboard.., hit Orchard Road for a bit, then the afternoon/evening hawker stalls for some chilli crabs, pop over to Raffles for a Singapore Sling or two - and then fly home on UA38 the next morning after arrival.

Beats spending $400 at Costco on Saturday!
pbartp likes this.

Last edited by JetStreamDrifter; Nov 3, 2017 at 6:12 pm
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Just so everyone is aware, this fare has a ticket deadline of 03NOV17. So if you want to book this, book now.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: TK *G
Is it still worth it to credit to KrisFlyer?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
It went back down and we squeaked in two tickets. Going to spend a few days in Singapore and couple days in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:32 am

Hi all, so I'm new to the part of "optimizing" upgrades...

I am on the K fare next week, and wanted to upgrade to business class. So I put in the copays for MPUs (MileagePlus Upgrades), which puts me on a priority waitlist. However, I heard that there are these things called GPUs (Global Premier Upgrades). Not really sure how those could work to my advantage since I have no status on United this year, but I'm interested in learning more. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by SeanTek
Hi all, so I'm new to the part of "optimizing" upgrades...

I am on the K fare next week, and wanted to upgrade to business class. So I put in the copays for MPUs (MileagePlus Upgrades), which puts me on a priority waitlist. However, I heard that there are these things called GPUs (Global Premier Upgrades). Not really sure how those could work to my advantage since I have no status on United this year, but I'm interested in learning more. Thanks in advance.
K fare basis is NOT upgradeable lusing GPUs. A fare badis of W or higher is requored to apply a GPU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.