Go Back   > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 27, 17, 3:46 pm   #16
  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblack15 View Post
It tells you on your receipt, looks like your screenshot was just above the payment, then mileage portion.
Thanks Tblack15. Here is what it says. I don't know which of these will allow me too book a ticket. I mean, I don't know the difference between Award Miles, PQM, PQS, PQD etc. I guess I will have to google it.

https://ibb.co/b0hyuQ
Newyorker1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 3:50 pm   #17
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TXL/EWR
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 View Post
Thanks Tblack15. Here is what it says. I don't know which of these will allow me too book a ticket. I mean, I don't know the difference between Award Miles, PQM, PQS, PQD etc. I guess I will have to google it.

https://ibb.co/b0hyuQ
Award miles are the ones you can use to book a ticket, so only 1680, because award miles are revenue based and this is a cheap flight.
Newyorker1905 likes this.
Bigzamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 4:10 pm   #18
  
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA Plat, DL Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brituchenite View Post
If only this fare went into 2018 I'd jump on a few to kick start the long march towards 1K again!
Not quite as low, but I'm seeing $450 all the way through the end of April.
coolbeans202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 5:33 pm   #19
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzamboni View Post
October 27/28, so for a few weeks it's available.



At least on the return, SIN-HKG-NRT-EWR or SIN-NRT-HNL-SFO-EWR is around on some days
Isnt NRT being flown with the high density planes nowadays, no way I fly 3-4-3 on a 777 even in E+
craz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 5:58 pm   #20
  
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA MM 1K; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,813
You can credit your trip to Singapore Airlines; the award miles (and status miles) = actual distance. After two trips, you will be very close to *A gold status. Thie gold status will let you have lounge access, including domestic trips on United.
good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzamboni View Post
Award miles are the ones you can use to book a ticket, so only 1680, because award miles are revenue based and this is a cheap flight.
Kmxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 6:23 pm   #21
  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
You can credit your trip to Singapore Airlines; the award miles (and status miles) = actual distance. After two trips, you will be very close to *A gold status. Thie gold status will let you have lounge access, including domestic trips on United.
good luck.
Hi Kmxu

Can I transfer the PQM's to Turkish Airlines? I don't know if it can be done or not.
Newyorker1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 6:26 pm   #22
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: LAX/WAS
Programs: AS, SQ, UA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans202 View Post
Not quite as low, but I'm seeing $450 all the way through the end of April.
Even at $450 that's a fantastic deal.

I jumped on $568 SNA-SIN a few weeks back. I'd get in on EWR-SIN if a positioning flight from the west coast wasn't prohibitively expensive.
Polytonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 17, 7:00 pm   #23
  
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA MM 1K; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,813
50% of the distance for K and G booking codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 View Post
Hi Kmxu

Can I transfer the PQM's to Turkish Airlines? I don't know if it can be done or not.
You book your trip and add your TK FF number to your reservation. For G and K booking codes of United operating flights, you will earn 50% of the actual flown distance. But you can earn 100% of the actual flown distance on Singapore airlines program.
Good luck.
Kmxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 17, 8:44 am   #24
  
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 453
Beware the SIN-NRT codeshare

The early morning SIN-NRT is a UA codeshare, operated by ANA.

If the booking class maps to K on ANA, you will earn 0 award/elite miles in SQ Krisflyer.
st1575 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 17, 4:01 pm   #25
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: LAX/WAS
Programs: AS, SQ, UA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1575 View Post
The early morning SIN-NRT is a UA codeshare, operated by ANA.

If the booking class maps to K on ANA, you will earn 0 award/elite miles in SQ Krisflyer.
Not sure what you mean by SIN-NRT ... the original screenshot clearly shows a nonstop LAX-SIN nonstop on UA metal?
Polytonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 17, 6:47 pm   #26
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TXL/EWR
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polytonic View Post
Not sure what you mean by SIN-NRT ... the original screenshot clearly shows a nonstop LAX-SIN nonstop on UA metal?
The person he was replying to posted a screenshot of their itinerary, which was SIN-NRT-EWR on the return.
Bigzamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 5:13 pm   #27
  
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 453
SQ changes earning rates for UA flights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
You can credit your trip to Singapore Airlines; the award miles (and status miles) = actual distance. After two trips, you will be very close to *A gold status. Thie gold status will let you have lounge access, including domestic trips on United.
good luck.
FYI, SQ just changed the accrual rates for UA flights as of 1 October; K class earns 25% of distance flown going forward. Relevant FT threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...ion-ua-kf.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...a-flights.html

The road to *A Gold is now longer than these flights.
Newyorker1905 likes this.
st1575 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 8:52 pm   #28
  
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 View Post
Hi All

I just booked below itenarary for $418 for fun. Thanks to the OP, I will get to see Singapore. My question is, how many miles will I earn in total? Is there a way to look that up?

https://ibb.co/gNEWg5


Okay. This is my itenarary. I want to spend more time in Tokyo just to take a selfie in downtown Tokyo. I called United to see if I can catch a later flight in Tokyo and they said the total cost to move to 9:30 PM flight would be $1306. I only paid $418 for the whole trip. Are there any clever ways to extend my stay in Tokyo for a few hours? Do I have to call Ana to see what they can do?
Newyorker1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 9:36 pm   #29
  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Fairmont PC Premier; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz PC
Posts: 3,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 View Post
Okay. This is my itenarary. I want to spend more time in Tokyo just to take a selfie in downtown Tokyo. I called United to see if I can catch a later flight in Tokyo and they said the total cost to move to 9:30 PM flight would be $1306. I only paid $418 for the whole trip. Are there any clever ways to extend my stay in Tokyo for a few hours? Do I have to call Ana to see what they can do?
You're going to have to pay a change fee of some kind if you want to change the itinerary...

For the folks braving LAX-SIN in the back of the bus...good luck. I'm flying that in 8 months and think even 17+ hours in J will have me feeling restless at some point during the flight.
Newyorker1905 likes this.
PsiFighter37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 9:52 pm   #30
  
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 View Post
Okay. This is my itenarary. I want to spend more time in Tokyo just to take a selfie in downtown Tokyo. I called United to see if I can catch a later flight in Tokyo and they said the total cost to move to 9:30 PM flight would be $1306. I only paid $418 for the whole trip. Are there any clever ways to extend my stay in Tokyo for a few hours? Do I have to call Ana to see what they can do?
If the flight is operated by UA, if your ticket number starts with 016, and if the fare class becomes available on the later flight, you may be able to Same Day Change for a $75 fee. But you'll have to wait until 23 hours and 59 minutes before your current flight from NRT to EWR. Check the SDC thread on the United forum.
Newyorker1905 likes this.

Last edited by nobodyherebutme; Sep 29, 17 at 9:53 pm Reason: clarification
nobodyherebutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top