Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern JFK-PVG-SIN-PVG-JFK $463 (19628 MQMS / 2.35 CPM for Delta MQMs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern JFK-PVG-SIN-PVG-JFK $463 (19628 MQMS / 2.35 CPM for Delta MQMs)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I flew SFO-PVG-SFO in Y and they served two hot meals, and a cold sandwich on arrival. And there was wifi.

I hope people keep thinking MU is terrible so the fares stay low so I can keep flying them and enjoying them

There are challenges, no doubt, but it's not awful. Certainly, it was a far better experience for me than flying Aeromexico, Air Europa, or even AA/United.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
There are challenges, no doubt, but it's not awful. Certainly, it was a far better experience for me than flying Aeromexico, Air Europa, or even AA/United.
Please expand on why Aeromexico is terrible, I need to be in EZE end of November and I'm thinking of booking with them.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by bxio
Please expand on why Aeromexico is terrible, I need to be in EZE end of November and I'm thinking of booking with them.
AM catering is by far the worst I've had in Y: AA comes a close second. Even the wine/liquor is pure swill.

Lounge situation across the network is absolutely abysmal. Hub operations at MEX, as well as immigration/customs, is complete chaos.

Ground services and in-flight service is quite poor as well.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:24 pm
Suspended

I flew SFO-PVG-SFO in Y and they served two hot meals, and a cold sandwich on arrival. And there was wifi.

I hope people keep thinking MU is terrible so the fares stay low so I can keep flying them and enjoying them

The comparison doesn't make sense. Can you fly MU to MEX or eastbound to Europe from the U.S.? LOL.
Most (not all) asian carriers provide far superior service than western carriers. So it is fair if you compare MU with other ASIAN carriers.
I certainly would fly MU from LAX to NYC if I could.

Last edited by Mama; Oct 23, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:34 pm
Suspended

AM catering is by far the worst I've had in Y: AA comes a close second. Even the wine/liquor is pure swill.

Lounge situation across the network is absolutely abysmal. Hub operations at MEX, as well as immigration/customs, is complete chaos.

Ground services and in-flight service is quite poor as well.
I second this.
Plus, AM airfares are not cheaper than U.S. carriers, and MEX charges airport tax no cheaper than U.S. airports. With the cheap labors and food cost, you really wonder why their airlines and airport perform like this. Could it be "corruption"?

Last edited by Mama; Oct 23, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by imaginaryhomeland
First time posting on here so apologies in advance for any etiquette mistakes... but I saw this China Eastern fare as I was looking for MRs to top me up for Delta Medallion this year. It's at about $200 cheaper than the flights on Delta Metal and I didn't see it mentioned before so I thought it'd be worth a post.

China Eastern (MU) earns at least 100% Delta MQMs on fares and the $463 is a T Economy fare. At approx 19,628 miles/MQMs, I believe the CPM is 2.35)

It's bookable on Expedia. Oct 24 - Oct 27.
Good day. I still see this flight for $417 from LAX. When I book the flight on Expedia, I enter my SkyMiles account number, correct? Don't want to mess it up. I need 19,000 MQMs and this may be able to help me out. Appreciate it!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:26 pm

Yes, enter your Skymiles account number when you book. Though when I check in, I also ask the agent to check to see if my SkyMiles account number is on the record.

If you get the B class fare between PVG-SIN-PVG, you should get about 20,000 miles for the entire trip.

Originally Posted by choklit
Good day. I still see this flight for $417 from LAX. When I book the flight on Expedia, I enter my SkyMiles account number, correct? Don't want to mess it up. I need 19,000 MQMs and this may be able to help me out. Appreciate it!
choklit likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Yes, enter your Skymiles account number when you book. Though when I check in, I also ask the agent to check to see if my SkyMiles account number is on the record.

If you get the B class fare between PVG-SIN-PVG, you should get about 20,000 miles for the entire trip.
Appreciate it, canuck_traveler! The PVG-SIN-PVG is a B fare while the LAX-PVG is a T fare. Once again, much appreciated for your response.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Marriott, SPG
I have all the MQMs I will need but I am going to be about $800-$1000 short on MQD. I believe this route will help me reach that. What I found when looking is JFK-PVG(T)-PVG-SIN(B) and it's the same way back. Just wondering if any of you know if this will help me reach my goal for MQD.
Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:15 pm

Yes it will help you on your MQD requirements. For flights marketed and ticketed by a partner airline, MQD is calculated based on a percentage of the mileage flown and the fare class.

The MQD calculations are:

JFK - PVG = 7393 miles x 6% (T Class) = 443 MQD
PVG - SIN = 2359 miles x 20% (B Class) = 471 MQD

Total MQD = 443+471 x 2 = 1828 MQD

Originally Posted by ndtARTIST1689
I have all the MQMs I will need but I am going to be about $800-$1000 short on MQD. I believe this route will help me reach that. What I found when looking is JFK-PVG(T)-PVG-SIN(B) and it's the same way back. Just wondering if any of you know if this will help me reach my goal for MQD.
Thanks
choklit likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 25, 2017 at 8:25 pm
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:11 am

Trip report--SFO-TAO-PVG-SIN-PVG-SFO on MU. Tickets were T to China and back but B otherwise so an MQM bump. I'm a Platinum and they gave me a total of 19,949 MQM and surprisingly $1,741 MQD (for a <$500 fare). Longer layovers than I would have liked but got into lounges at all stops. Very long layover in Singapore and stayed in the terminal for 12 wonderful sleep-filled hours at the Aerohotel in Terminal 1. Highly recommend this. Folks at the transfer desk didn't know I shouldn't have gotten into the lounge. I ended up at the Star Alliance lounge. Would do this MR again in a heartbeat. The only pain was you have to leave the secure terminal area in TAO and go through customs. They gave transfer visas on the spot although I had an expired business visa and they said it was good enough. In PVG back out and in through immigration and security.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by notthereyet1
Trip report--SFO-TAO-PVG-SIN-PVG-SFO on MU. Tickets were T to China and back but B otherwise so an MQM bump. I'm a Platinum and they gave me a total of 19,949 MQM and surprisingly $1,741 MQD (for a <$500 fare). Longer layovers than I would have liked but got into lounges at all stops. Very long layover in Singapore and stayed in the terminal for 12 wonderful sleep-filled hours at the Aerohotel in Terminal 1. Highly recommend this. Folks at the transfer desk didn't know I shouldn't have gotten into the lounge. I ended up at the Star Alliance lounge. Would do this MR again in a heartbeat. The only pain was you have to leave the secure terminal area in TAO and go through customs. They gave transfer visas on the spot although I had an expired business visa and they said it was good enough. In PVG back out and in through immigration and security.
Thank you for this trip report! I will be doing this route shortly!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Mama
The comparison doesn't make sense. Can you fly MU to MEX or eastbound to Europe from the U.S.? LOL.
Most (not all) asian carriers provide far superior service than western carriers. So it is fair if you compare MU with other ASIAN carriers.
I certainly would fly MU from LAX to NYC if I could.
... I'm not being unreasonable. Comparing AM to MU is perfectly valid, considering both of them are also partly owned by Delta.

FYI CZ flies YVR-MEX as a continuing flight. and KE did LAX-GRU for a long time.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
The MQD on distance flown is quite good!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
The MQD on distance flown is quite good!
Do it in J for ~$2300 and get ~8,000 MQD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.