Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern. $375+ JFK to SE Asia (MNL, SIN, etc.) r/t a.i. Starting $375

China Eastern. $375+ JFK to SE Asia (MNL, SIN, etc.) r/t a.i. Starting $375

Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by tomasdev
Uhm, as far as I know, MU doesn't have Y+ and in J you get smoke smell due to pilots on JFK-PVG :

I did JFK-PVG-HKG and JFK-PVG-SIN roundtrips last year in Y and they were fine (choose window or aisle, because it's 3-4-3) and in one I had the whole row for myself.
I smelt a lot of smoke in Y. I think it's the cabin crew that also smoke, not just the pilots.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tomasdev
Uhm, as far as I know, MU doesn't have Y+ and in J you get smoke smell due to pilots on JFK-PVG :

I did JFK-PVG-HKG and JFK-PVG-SIN roundtrips last year in Y and they were fine (choose window or aisle, because it's 3-4-3) and in one I had the whole row for myself.
Well that is interesting as this is on the updated (after 01JAN2018) earning cart on Delta -
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by token385
Well that is interesting as this is on the updated (after 01JAN2018) earning cart on Delta -
Ah, now I realize my error. the W class is not a "premium" Economy seat but the fare class sold....... One would think I would have better researched this question first. I do thank you all for you info on the service.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
MU does have Y+ on the newer 33L planes.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:18 am

I did JFK-PVG-SIN-PVG-JFK last month, might have been lucky, but it was perfectly fine, not a single flaw, not even a hint of smoke. DL credited miles and MQMs pretty quick
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Sorry, new here and trying to make sense of the mileage runs. Do you have multiple accounts within SkyTeam to be able to get max credits or you just stay with Delta or KLM (or whichever really you want)? I'm flying to HKG this weekend via PEK and I am thinkig whether to use KLM or just open one for CHina Southern Airlines (and at some stage consolidate all of them)... If you have some links on basics for this I'll have a read at it thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Talking

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Sorry, new here and trying to make sense of the mileage runs. Do you have multiple accounts within SkyTeam to be able to get max credits or you just stay with Delta or KLM (or whichever really you want)? I'm flying to HKG this weekend via PEK and I am thinkig whether to use KLM or just open one for CHina Southern Airlines (and at some stage consolidate all of them)... If you have some links on basics for this I'll have a read at it thank you.
It's kind of like trying to mine for bitcoins today, when mileage runs were more profitable 4 years ago. Before you entertain the thought of MR, consider carefully.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
There are no consolidation of miles between frequent flyer accounts even if they belong to the same airline alliance
Once deposited, you can only use the Miles based on that program rules.
What you can only do is redeem for tickets on other airlines subjected to the terms at the time of redemption.
Because there are usually expiry conditions, having more accounts means more work else the miles just might expire.
Sometimes, it might make sense to "max" the earning potentials but unlike a cashback credit card, the miles have also got to accumulate to a meaningful value (while kept alive) before they are useful.
I (personally) find it usually better to give up on maximization and consolidate the crediting to the main accounts.
If you really want to diversify, maybe 1 account in each alliance.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Jsegui
I did JFK-PVG-SIN-PVG-JFK last month, might have been lucky, but it was perfectly fine, not a single flaw, not even a hint of smoke. DL credited miles and MQMs pretty quick
Did you book through an OTA or through China Eastern? I put my DL number in my expedia booking, but I don't entirely trust that it made it into my MU PNR. The person I spoke with on the phone at MU wasn't too helpful and I haven't gotten around to calling again yet.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ograff
Did you book through an OTA or through China Eastern? I put my DL number in my expedia booking, but I don't entirely trust that it made it into my MU PNR. The person I spoke with on the phone at MU wasn't too helpful and I haven't gotten around to calling again yet.
Booked thru an OTA, and called MU immediately after I got the ticket number to give my DL info, didn't provide this to the OTA. I did call MU once more to check and it was indeed added from the beginning. Boarding Passes showed my DL number as well upon check in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.