Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: AMS to HAV €160, to LIM €208 rtn a.i., plus other Central/South American cities

AM: AMS to HAV €160, to LIM €208 rtn a.i., plus other Central/South American cities

Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by XyberBorg
Not so sure about this. EF Flights booked at an airline are much easier canceled. If you book using an OTA, the OTA has jurisdiction over the tickets and sometimes they don't really care if an airline f*cked up.
Feel free to disagree, but from personal experience, I would only book these directly from the airline in question where the price is offered by the airline in question.

By going with a "middle man" you are also adding a lot of complexity in case it turns out to be a "problem case". Tickets like this are always likely to run into problems, and it is always better to be able to deal directly with the airline.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Feel free to disagree, but from personal experience, I would only book these directly from the airline in question where the price is offered by the airline in question.

By going with a "middle man" you are also adding a lot of complexity in case it turns out to be a "problem case". Tickets like this are always likely to run into problems, and it is always better to be able to deal directly with the airline.
I can only agree with this. Some of the small/dodgy OTAs also process to manual ticketing so this adds processing time and a person reviewing your ticket booking info. In these cases you need to have your e-ticket number emitted ASAP before the fare is pulled so I would also recommend using either the airline's website or big OTAs which also use automatic ticketing.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by tymoon25
I can only agree with this. Some of the small/dodgy OTAs also process to manual ticketing so this adds processing time and a person reviewing your ticket booking info. In these cases you need to have your e-ticket number emitted ASAP before the fare is pulled so I would also recommend using either the airline's website or big OTAs which also use automatic ticketing.
Gentleman, this Guy called the airline! The most cardinal sin when booking an almost to good fare/ flash sale!

I have contacted the moderators/administrators of FT to mention below XyberBorg name:
formely known as Judas
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+ / Hertz PC / Sixt Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by Justin Case
Gentleman, this Guy called the airline! The most cardinal sin when booking an almost to good fare/ flash sale!

I have contacted the moderators/administrators of FT to mention below XyberBorg name:
formely known as Judas
Haha ^ Would be happy with such an exclusive status. Just wanted to respond to Irishman that this "middle man" complexity is something that you actually want with a tricked ticket because it makes it harder for the airline to cancel a ticket. Judas out.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Just wanted to respond to Irishman that this "middle man" complexity is something that you actually want with a tricked ticket because it makes it harder for the airline to cancel a ticket. Judas out.
Oh, but it doesn't! Once you've been through a few iterations, though, you will realise that the airline, if so minded, will take control and cancel any ticket it likes.

Here's a recent and notable example!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...dus-770-j.html
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:06 am

This morning, my tik to GUA was cancelled by Schipol tickets.
"Thank you for your email.
We have received a message from Aero Mexico that they can not verify the payment from a number of bookings.
Aero Mexico has decided to cancel all those bookings and to refund this money. Unfortunately, your booking to Guatemala also included."

strangely, I never sent them any email. Also, my other trip is still alive. Checking on AM site shows that this cancelled ticket still shows as confirmed, except the ticket price changed to 500+EUR. We will see how this goes. Well, lesson learned, would rather go for bigger ticketing agency next time a sale comes. Also, doesn't this thread now go in discussion forum as it is as dead as AA saver award availability?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
This is bulls**t. How could they refund a payment that has not been confirmed?

Everything still confirmed here, booked directly on the AM website
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by tymoon25
This is bulls**t. How could they refund a payment that has not been confirmed?

Everything still confirmed here, booked directly on the AM website
likewise, booked on AM site as they honored fares like this last year. Still shows up as confirmed.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+ / Hertz PC / Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by beyounged
We have received a message from Aero Mexico that they can not verify the payment from a number of bookings.
Aero Mexico has decided to cancel all those bookings and to refund this money. Unfortunately, your booking to Guatemala also included."
Strange. AM website also indicates "Unknown Payment Problem" for my HAV flight but fare breakdown is correct. So far I haven't received any notice from SchipholTickets and ticket looks fine (checkmytrip, saudi etc). Might be lucky that AM reissued my tickets due to the name change.

By the way: if you log on to AM and select 'Mexico in pesos' the fare rules are found and errors disappear.

Last edited by XyberBorg; Jun 20, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: DL ✈️
How are you guys from US positioning to AMS?

Also, I want to make this trip to EZE, so LIM-EZE will be another airline... when do you guys recommend purchasing that leg? 1 week before? Or does the credit card insurance cover it if it gets cancelled?

Sorry for the newbie question above, I usually only do MRs that are immediate turnaround.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by beyounged

strangely, I never sent them any email. Also, my other trip is still alive. Checking on AM site shows that this cancelled ticket still shows as confirmed, except the ticket price changed to 500+EUR. We will see how this goes. Well, lesson learned, would rather go for bigger ticketing agency next time a sale comes. Also, doesn't this thread now go in discussion forum as it is as dead as AA saver award availability?
they dont want to pay debit memo
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby

By the way: if you log on to AM and select 'Mexico in pesos' the fare rules are found and errors disappear.
Same here, still going strong with booking through different OTA
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:12 pm

@XyberBorg I changed the language to Spanish and set it as the Mexico site, but did not see an option to change it into pesos. The problem still shows up on the status page. (I see the fare rules on EN and MX websites both) I also checked on Saudia, the ticket is as valid as ever.
@luftair Maybe it is a bait for me to reply and then they can use that as an acknowledgement for my consent to cancel?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:16 am

I managed to snag one of these deals, but in hindsight I panic-bought and want to cancel the final leg/cancel altogether. Quick discussions with their online chat agents suggest I can't (without paying a hefty change or cancellation fine...more than my ticket price!)...surely they'd want to recouperate some costs and snap me up on my suggestion!? Any advice, should I try and speak to someone directly?

p.s. I did get confirmation that the tickets were going to be honoured. I bought direct from the AM website.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
AM link: https://world.aeromexico.com/es/pers...viaje/?site=mx
There after login with PNR, you can see everything, confirmed, no error, and you can see fare rules.

There it says all:

SURCHARGES

THERE IS NO FUEL SURCHARGE PER DIRECTION PER ANY
PASSENGER.

NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
ALL AM TICKETS ARE ISSUED AS ELECTRONIC TICKETS
-ETKT- AM WILL APPLY A USD100 FEE FOR EACH
REQUESTED PAPER TICKET.
PAPER TICKETS ARE NOT ELEGIBLE FOR FAST PATH
EXCHANGES THEY MAY BE EXCHANGED VIA STANDARD PATH.
THE PROVISIONS BELOW APPLY ONLY AS FOLLOWS -
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON THE STOCK OF AM.
THERE IS NO MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE PER ANY
PASSENGER.
OTHERWISE
MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 100.00 PER FARE
COMPONENT WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER
ANY PASSENGER.

Its interesting, because the day I booked it, fare rules were different. I saved it back then, it was like this:

IF INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2.
THERE IS NO FUEL SURCHARGE PER ANY PASSENGER.
OTHERWISE - ORIGINATING CUBA -
FUEL SURCHARGE OF USD 250.00 WILL BE ADDED TO THE
APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER.
ORIGINATING AREA 2 -
FUEL SURCHARGE OF EUR 220.00 OR GBP 190.00 WILL BE
ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER

I think they changed the fare rules to the "no fuel surcharge" version, which means they changed it in order to honor the fares, which is very kind of them. Maybe the fare rule error is due to the fact that in the english site they didn't refresh to the new version.

Anyway, AM is the rare kind of airline, which always honors errorfares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.