Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

F9: ATL-CLE/MCI/STL/CVG as low as $ RT very close-in, other $20 fares for other rts

F9: ATL-CLE/MCI/STL/CVG as low as $ RT very close-in, other $20 fares for other rts

Old May 30, 2017, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.

After finally getting the booking site back up after a 24-hour or so outage, Frontier has dropped in a bunch of $20 OW fares for close-in travel on certain short-to-medium hauls for the first 3 weeks or so in June. Most don't require Discount Den membership. I bought one for a 2-dayer THIS WEEKEND for $38.20 RT (2.8 cents per EQM)

From ATL there's CLE/CVG/STL/MCI with a few $20 dates in the next 10 days or so and $25 for the 11 or so after that, thru 6/21. There's also AUS and SAT with some $33 and $37 one-ways...am thinking of a $66 RT with that, spanning a weekend.

Other cities besides ATL also have deals, and the $20 ones aren't really being advertised. Looks like a classic last-minute dump to fill seats on slow-demand routes, but it could be the last chance before the July/early August peak to get something that's really low.

There IS a mileage game on Frontier...they're still distance-based ^ and with domestic awards at 20K each way peak or 10K if demand is slow. There's even an "elite" program where you get a free carry-on, free seat assignment and ability to upgrade to stretch seats at the 24-hour window.

Otherwise it's similar to Spirit but a bit nicer, though you still get A319s, mostly, with cramped seating (only the stretch seats recline) and a charge-for-everything bit including carry-ons (unless you can get it all into the "personal item"). So it's not for everyone but can be very cheap if you time it right and can maneuver around the fees.

P.S. There's also a SAVE10 discount code for 10% off, but in my case it cut the cost by only 20 cents (!!) because the "airfare" was only $1.88 and the rest was taxes & junk, including their bogus "carrier interface charge" that's the F9 counterpart to Spirit's "passenger usage fee," i.e. hiding airline-imposed fees in with taxes. Those kind of shenanigans reek, but passengers are mainly interested in the all-in total, which still worked out.

Last edited by RustyC; May 30, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.