Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by C W
The international ticketing desk is not the same as manual reissue. Manual reissue rarely works with customers. They literally compute fares by hand and put the results into the computer. It’s obvious when you’re talking to them becuase they’re much less polished than the agents. They don’t follow a script or greet you by name and usually mutter under their breath while they’re working on your change.

As to why, that’s up to you. Maybe try whatever convinced the previous agents that tried. Keep trying to get through to manual reissue though.
Alright let me give it a shot. I’m about to land from my SEA-DTW flight and I have an hour or so to kill before heading to AMS.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton
This thread is better than my last Netflix show.
drminn and Catweazle like this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:13 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I hope @greycap7 isn’t languishing in a detention cell in CMB and having his stomach x-rayed. Any word?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by C W
I hope @greycap7 isn’t languishing in a detention cell in CMB and having his stomach x-rayed. Any word?
Who's @greycap7?
Seriously, some customs gets very particular when they see "illogical" itinerary.
I have had a few US custom officers questioned me before about my MR trips and flight plans.
Some understood the reason, some do not but fortunately, I have always been allowed to enter.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I totally would have done this a couple times had I been able to reposition.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Who's @greycap7?
Seriously, some customs gets very particular when they see "illogical" itinerary.
I have had a few US custom officers questioned me before about my MR trips and flight plans.
Some understood the reason, some do not but fortunately, I have always been allowed to enter.
Hey all, thanks for your thoughts. I’m still alive and flying from LAX to MSP currently. CMB that night was a nightmare, I think I spent nearly an hour in their back room just sweating and waiting. At one point I was convinced that they would send me back. However finally I was allowed to go. I somehow negotiated a car to take me to Weligama that night (I have a lot of Marriott points and hotels in Colombo were too expensive for my liking).

I got to Weligama Marriott and it truly is a fantastic property not to mention really good value.

Then I got sick... I think I ate something bad somewhere and caught a stomach bug.

Then my boss called me. He said that I needed to be in Amsterdam for a meeting on the 11th. That meant flying home, picking up my suit and my things and flying back to Amsterdam.

So anyways a day later I went back to Colombo to catch my flight onwards to Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Hawaii, etc...

However I made a snap decision to fly back home after my flight to Los Angeles and skip the rest of the segments.

I’ll do a longer write up soon on the TR forum.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by greycap7
Hey all, thanks for your thoughts. I’m still alive and flying from LAX to MSP currently. CMB that night was a nightmare, I think I spent nearly an hour in their back room just sweating and waiting. At one point I was convinced that they would send me back. However finally I was allowed to go. I somehow negotiated a car to take me to Weligama that night (I have a lot of Marriott points and hotels in Colombo were too expensive for my liking).

I got to Weligama Marriott and it truly is a fantastic property not to mention really good value.

Then I got sick... I think I ate something bad somewhere and caught a stomach bug.

Then my boss called me. He said that I needed to be in Amsterdam for a meeting on the 11th. That meant flying home, picking up my suit and my things and flying back to Amsterdam.

So anyways a day later I went back to Colombo to catch my flight onwards to Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Hawaii, etc...

However I made a snap decision to fly back home after my flight to Los Angeles and skip the rest of the segments.

So you didn't complete it? Ouch. That sucks. Post a link here when you publish a write-up.

I'd never eat or drink in Sri Lanka except at a Marriott.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:26 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR

Glad to hear you’re (mostly) ok. I was worried for a bit with the silence.

Did your boss know what you were doing?

Very much looking forward to the TR!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:32 pm

... CMB that night was a nightmare, I think I spent nearly an hour in their back room just sweating and waiting. At one point I was convinced that they would send me back.
... Then I got sick... I think I ate something bad somewhere and caught a stomach bug.
... Then my boss called me.
... However I made a snap decision to fly back home after my flight to Los Angeles and skip the rest of the segments.
OUCH. sounds like a bad trip.
The only "silver linings" are
- You got through the customs
- You are now well
- You are now back to a (normal) routine
- This was a quite cheap MR

Looking forward to your TR.
BTW, what was the original cost / expected MQM / expected miles vs the final MQM and reward miles?
Have the trip post for those you flew?

Since your boss activated you on a last minute work trip during what I presume was your leave (as you were travelling on a MR), will you be able to claim some of the lost (un-flown) flight expenses?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Glad to hear you’re (mostly) ok. I was worried for a bit with the silence.

Did your boss know what you were doing?

Very much looking forward to the TR!
Yep. He actually encouraged me to go.

Originally Posted by PayItForward
OUCH. sounds like a bad trip.
The only "silver linings" are
- You got through the customs
- You are now well
- You are now back to a (normal) routine
- This was a quite cheap MR

Looking forward to your TR.
BTW, what was the original cost / expected MQM / expected miles vs the final MQM and reward miles?
Have the trip post for those you flew?

Since your boss activated you on a last minute work trip during what I presume was your leave (as you were travelling on a MR), will you be able to claim some of the lost (un-flown) flight expenses?
Not only was it a cheap MR, but incredibly long. It also helped that work was paying for a portion of it as well. The miles have not yet posted, and to be fair I have absolutely no idea how many miles I'm gonna receive.

I haven't had that discussion with him yet about the expenses, but I do anticipate that I will get something back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.