Reload this Page >

DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:14 pm

FYI, the actual charge on my delta Amex was only $489.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Ugh. They randomly decide to pull the fare today? Had the perfect itinerary set up last night too.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:17 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by keitherson
Ugh. They randomly decide to pull the fare today? Had the perfect itinerary set up last night too.
Too bad that it's dead. Honestly if they only pulled it today I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Did you look to see if the basefare changed or if the fare rules just changed to prohibit the routing?

Are you sure that low fare inventory didn't just fill up on your dates?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by C W
Too bad that it's dead. Honestly if they only pulled it today I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Did you look to see if the basefare changed or if the fare rules just changed to prohibit the routing?

Are you sure that low fare inventory didn't just fill up on your dates?
They pulled all U fares, I think. I had just managed to price out HNL last night too
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by keitherson
They pulled all U fares, I think. I had just managed to price out HNL last night too
That was a good fare.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by skchin
That was a good fare.
Way too good. It would be interesting to know how many took advantage of it.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Anyone interested in chatting about creative ways to position for the CMB "outbound" flight, I'm sure there are plenty of us out here looking for the best options...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by funflier
Anyone interested in chatting about creative ways to position for the CMB "outbound" flight, I'm sure there are plenty of us out here looking for the best options...
I am! Looking at my options via NRT and SIN. Alternatively looking at fares via AUH or DXB and then onwards to CMB. Your thoughts?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by greycap7
I am! Looking at my options via NRT and SIN. Alternatively looking at fares via AUH or DXB and then onwards to CMB. Your thoughts?
Well, I was trying to stick with Skyteam operated flights to maintain the "mileage run" status of this adventure. I'm on the East Coast (US), so trans pacific routing is really long, and many involve Korean connections with unfavorable MQM rules--did the SIN run last year, and it was great--but I was ready to be off that plane by the time I arrived! Looking at some hidden city routings to a few airports in India with connections on 9W on to CMB. My research is still in its infancy though...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:27 am

Well, I was trying to stick with Skyteam operated flights to maintain the "mileage run" status of this adventure. I'm on the East Coast (US), so trans pacific routing is really long, and many involve Korean connections with unfavorable MQM rules--did the SIN run last year, and it was great--but I was ready to be off that plane by the time I arrived! Looking at some hidden city routings to a few airports in India with connections on 9W on to CMB. My research is still in its infancy though...
I was gonna take advantage of the JFK-NRT opportunity on ST or the JFK-CDG-DXB deal a few days ago on AF.

Let me know what you'd find. I would be super interested in doing 9W via BOM or DEL.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:42 am

PM'ing you now
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by greycap7
I was gonna take advantage of the JFK-NRT opportunity on ST or the JFK-CDG-DXB deal a few days ago on AF.

Let me know what you'd find. I would be super interested in doing 9W via BOM or DEL.
A quick Google Flights search shows that you can economy-class tickets for New York to Dubai for $538-$660 almost any day of the week through the end of the calendar year. Premium economy runs between $1,090 and $1,500-ish on Aeroflot and Virgin Atlantic, respectively. By contrast, I found business-class for as low as $2,099 on Ukraine's flag-carrier. From Dubai, flydubai has economy-class to Colombo for under $270 most days. For business-class, Kuwait Airways is pretty consistently under $670 while Sri Lankan is closer to $800. Note all these airfares I quoted were round-trip.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
so mad at myself for not checking flyertalk for a few days.

I was actually looking for a way to get to OGG on cheap from India. Would've jsut ditched the rest of the fare. UGH
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:24 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by itsG
so mad at myself for not checking flyertalk for a few days.

I was actually looking for a way to get to OGG on cheap from India. Would've jsut ditched the rest of the fare. UGH
You would have had to get to CMB first though, can't drop legs at the beginning.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by C W
You would have had to get to CMB first though, can't drop legs at the beginning.
Already in India, CMB usually isn't too expensive for a o/w from here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.