Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: AA hubs -Tokyo $560 RT

DL: AA hubs -Tokyo $560 RT

Old Apr 15, 17, 10:09 am
  #1  
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: DL PM (and falling fast!), AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Posts: 3,979
DL: AA hubs -Tokyo $560 RT

Looks like TONS of Sep-Dec availability Sun-Thur departures and its a 777 on LAX-HND.

Less than 3 hour layovers on the PHX-LAX-HND-LAX-PHX routes, too!

Last edited by 355F1; Apr 15, 17 at 8:30 pm
355F1 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 17, 12:56 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: NYC
Programs: DL ✈️
Posts: 601
Works from DFW as well! Great find OP
tomasdev is offline  
Old Apr 15, 17, 1:05 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: JFK / SFO
Posts: 36
Awesome, thanks OP! Finding lots of options out of SFO as well.
mattrod is offline  
Old Apr 15, 17, 4:04 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Posts: 6,826
Thank you! Picked up 2 from DFW to surprise a friend whose dream it is to go to Tokyo.
james318 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 17, 10:40 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
Still seeing stuff?

Only finding 900+, including the PHX-LAX-HND posting by the OP.
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Apr 16, 17, 6:20 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Posts: 6,826
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Still seeing stuff?

Only finding 900+, including the PHX-LAX-HND posting by the OP.
Looked dead by 8:00pm yesterday when I tried to grab another. Bummer.
james318 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 17, 6:37 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
Looked dead by 8:00pm yesterday when I tried to grab another. Bummer.
Should have gotten on FT instead of playing Mass Effect I guess! Got on ~11pm. Went quick but that's a good price. Worth it for 2-3 day long weekend plus the MQMs on DL.
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Apr 16, 17, 6:44 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Posts: 6,826
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Should have gotten on FT instead of playing Mass Effect I guess! Got on ~11pm. Went quick but that's a good price. Worth it for 2-3 day long weekend plus the MQMs on DL.
The same ticket today is going for $2400 for the same dates, so I say it was. I have never been to Tokyo and going with my buddy whose dream it is to go, so it worked awesomely. Just wish I grabbed one more!
james318 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 17, 8:55 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: atl
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
The same ticket today is going for $2400 for the same dates, so I say it was. I have never been to Tokyo and going with my buddy whose dream it is to go, so it worked awesomely. Just wish I grabbed one more!
I need friends like you!
Good on you for taking your buddy, have fun!
fsuj25 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 5:46 am
  #10  
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: DL Medallion
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
Looked dead by 8:00pm yesterday when I tried to grab another. Bummer.
I saw the same thing. Could still find $1200 or so yesterday, but, nothing like the $560.
dcadwell is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 6:48 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 192
Saw $568 out of Miami last two seeks of Sept and Oct if going for 6-8 nights...so, there might have been only specific dates and minimum stay requirements, FWIW
dburns is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 2:44 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Posts: 6,826
Originally Posted by fsuj25 View Post
I need friends like you!
Good on you for taking your buddy, have fun!
I am still accepting applications...

What he DOESN'T know is that I am paying for the trip as a surprise as well. I surprised him with a NES Classic last week... Man, I really need friends like me as well.

And he doesn't know I paid the extra scratch to put us in Comfort Plus / W. It's not J, but for a guy who has never left the country and has only flown twice, I think he'll like it.

Last edited by james318; Apr 17, 17 at 2:50 pm
james318 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 2:51 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
I am still accepting applications...

What he DOESN'T know is that I am paying for the trip as a surprise as well. I surprised him with a NES Classic last week... Man, I really need friends like me as well.

And he doesn't know I paid the extra scratch to put us in Comfort Plus / W. It's not J, but for a guy who has never left the country and has only flown twice, I think he'll like it.
Premium
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:37 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: atl
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
I am still accepting applications...

What he DOESN'T know is that I am paying for the trip as a surprise as well. I surprised him with a NES Classic last week... Man, I really need friends like me as well.

And he doesn't know I paid the extra scratch to put us in Comfort Plus / W. It's not J, but for a guy who has never left the country and has only flown twice, I think he'll like it.
I'm sure he will!
fsuj25 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: