Reload this Page >

AC / UA / others - LAX-CPH ~400USD

Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex

Sample dates 30 Oct - 8 Nov
found through Kayak. Bookable through a few sites linked through Kayak. I did click through to make sure it priced but didn't book anything.
Not sure about the fare earning potential of the flights (sorry - I don't fly Star Alliance much) so this might belong in the "good deals" section. Saw it so I figured I should post it.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by wonderbret
Sample dates 30 Oct - 8 Nov
found through Kayak. Bookable through a few sites linked through Kayak. I did click through to make sure it priced but didn't book anything.
Not sure about the fare earning potential of the flights (sorry - I don't fly Star Alliance much) so this might belong in the "good deals" section. Saw it so I figured I should post it.
Can be found through Google Flights as well. Several dates with similar price with a 7 night stay. Books in K with AC, which provides 100% PQMs on UA at least.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:18 pm

Great find! 13058/405/100 = .322 cpm if I did my math right.

7 night stay makes it not a true MR, but this would be a great opportunity to explore Denmark (or, honestly, anywhere else in the vicinity) for cheap.

Also possible to book with LX (also in K). 100% PQM, RDM depends on your status level with MP (assuming you are MP). Booking with UA directly yields the least (because of the miles/USD calculation) and booking as a 1k on UA directly with LX yields the most (13058 RDM) according to wheretocredit. This calculation appears to be the same for AC fares.

-IR
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by irelayer
Great find! 13058/405/100 = .322 cpm if I did my math right.

7 night stay makes it not a true MR, but this would be a great opportunity to explore Denmark (or, honestly, anywhere else in the vicinity) for cheap.

Also possible to book with LX (also in K). 100% PQM, RDM depends on your status level with MP (assuming you are MP). Booking with UA directly yields the least (because of the miles/USD calculation) and booking as a 1k on UA directly with LX yields the most (13058 RDM) according to wheretocredit. This calculation appears to be the same for AC fares.

-IR
Do you get lifetime miles if you book on LX ticket stock while flying UA metal? Was just curious.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Do you get lifetime miles if you book on LX ticket stock while flying UA metal? Was just curious.
Interesting question...I would imagine you do, because if the miles are credited to your MP account then UA automatically knows about them, and since it's matched (via your ticket #) to a flight # which then gives them the information they need to credit your lifetime bucket appropriately if it was a UA flight. But I'm not an expert. If you find out, let me know.

By the way, the LX ticket I booked was LX metal the entire way.

-IR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.