FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: EWR-MNL RT $510 same day 2.3 cpm 21,546 mi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1827319-ua-ewr-mnl-rt-510-same-day-2-3-cpm-21-546-mi.html)

glasman19 Sep 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang (Post 28045658)
Has anyone done the 1hr connection at MNL?

I have....just a backpack...through security and back to the plane the long way. Get your BP in Guam.

merridius Sep 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by paulgcohen (Post 28854851)
Follow up to my checked luggage question and appreciate the advice to date. I have two separate tickets:

#1 LAS to LAX Dec 1
#2 LAS-HNL-GUM-MNL-GUM-HNL-SFO (MR with connections only, no layovers). Dec 1 to 3

Question #1 : Will UA allow me to check a bag where they just transport LAS direct to SFO and claim from luggage desk?

Question #2 : Merge locator records together into a single ticket and then will UA just fly bag directly from LAS to SFO?

whats the LAS-LAX ticket for?

while it might be technically possible, i don't think there's much of a chance UA will fly your bag LAS-SFO

mpiotrow Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by glasman19 (Post 28857800)
I have....just a backpack...through security and back to the plane the long way. Get your BP in Guam.

I just did it back in May of this year...no need to go through security. When I got off the plane in MNL, there was a person standing right by the door to the plane with a sign with my name on it, and that person instructed me to go to the top of the jet bridge and inform an agent that I'm getting back on the same plane. I walked up there, they opened up the glass door (which is the same door you'll walk back through when you board the plane), they made me go through security at the gate (they have special US security at the gate) which basically just involved walking through a metal detector and putting my carry on through the x-ray machine, they scanned my passport, and I was back in the boarding area for the next departing flight. I ended up with extra time (my flight was about 30 mins early, I believe), so I went to a lounge, had a very refreshing shower, and then headed back to the gate (and, subsequently, had to go through security again, of course). Definitely an easy turn, though! :) ^

paulgcohen Sep 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Richym99 (Post 28472406)
10/1 IAD-SFO-HNL (overnight) GUM-MNL (same day t/round)-GUM-NRT-IAH-IAD (arr 10/4)

$618 for 21,203 miles. ua.com multi-leg using IAD-HNL : NHL-MNL : MNL-NRT : NRT-IAD.

Finding the sub $100 IAD-HNL leg is key. (This one was $74).

LAS to LAX is company paid flight post conference in Vegas. MR fare was least expensive out of LAX versus LAS or SFO

merridius Sep 26, 2017 12:34 am

Originally Posted by paulgcohen (Post 28858862)
LAS to LAX is company paid flight post conference in Vegas. MR fare was least expensive out of LAX versus LAS or SFO

oh so your second ticket starts out of LAX not LAS was confused there

FNZFUND Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

Does anyone have advice on a hotel during my 12 hour turn at MNL? Landing at 9:30pm, leaving at 9:45am, and assuming my TSA Precheck isn't going to get me in any short lines! All I need is clean rooms and free wifi....

Kmxu Sep 28, 2017 3:50 pm

See post #11

you better use uber to get to hotel. It is only $3-4 one way. Do not try other transportation. Good luck.