FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: EWR-MNL RT $510 same day 2.3 cpm 21,546 mi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1827319-ua-ewr-mnl-rt-510-same-day-2-3-cpm-21-546-mi.html)

mpiotrow Apr 10, 17 11:08 am


Originally Posted by mpiotrow (Post 28134323)
I had read on another FT post (which I can't seem to find now, of course) that it shouldn't be a problem, that there is a United transit desk nearby that can help. Does anyone happen to have a link to that post so that I can read through it again? It was a post that contained transit info for a bunch of different airports (I think it was a sticky somewhere, and it has links in that post to other posts, etc, as sort of a main glossary for airports).

FYI, I just ran across that thread again...here it is: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-please.html

Kmxu Apr 18, 17 9:34 am

This USA to MNL run is still alive. If you use google explore to search the flights with multiple destination options, make sure that you change GUM to HNL (vice versa). The prices could be very different. i found this RIC-MNL for $625 (over 20K miles) for early September. There are some deals available in September and October right now. Happy searching.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

The lowest from EWR: $583, Sept. 4-6
https://www.google.com/flights/?sour..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Clincher Apr 18, 17 4:58 pm


Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 28195520)
This USA to MNL run is still alive. If you use google explore to search the flights with multiple destination options, make sure that you change GUM to HNL (vice versa). The prices could be very different. i found this RIC-MNL for $625 (over 20K miles) for early September. There are some deals available in September and October right now. Happy searching.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

The lowest from EWR: $583, Sept. 4-6
https://www.google.com/flights/?sour..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Thanks for posting.
this fare/trip keeps calling out to me. If I could get a longer layover in HNL (better to convince the wife) and in November or December I'd be in

Kmxu Apr 18, 17 6:32 pm

Yes, you could make it happen. It is worthwhile to spend 2-3 days in MNL because it is very cheap and very interesting (see my earlier post on this thread). The trick is that you will use the same day change (free for Premier Gold) after arriving at HNL. You will have to change to flights via DEN, IAH and IAD so that your reservation (with your wife) will not be automatically split because of complimentary premier upgrade (for flights via LAX and SFO). The uncertainty is that you do not know how many nights you will stay at Honolulu.

The link below is for a trip between Nov. 27 and December 3 for $673. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/flights/?sour..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Nov. 23-29 for $603 (all United metals)
https://www.google.com/flights/?sour..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Clincher Apr 20, 17 5:44 pm


Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 28197829)
Yes, you could make it happen. It is worthwhile to spend 2-3 days in MNL because it is very cheap and very interesting (see my earlier post on this thread). The trick is that you will use the same day change (free for Premier Gold) after arriving at HNL. You will have to change to flights via DEN, IAH and IAD so that your reservation (with your wife) will not be automatically split because of complimentary premier upgrade (for flights via LAX and SFO). The uncertainty is that you do not know how many nights you will stay at Honolulu.

The link below is for a trip between Nov. 27 and December 3 for $673. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/flights/?sour..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Nov. 23-29 for $603 (all United metals)
https://www.google.com/flights/?sour..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

wow! Thanks for taking the time to research this.

Kmxu Apr 20, 17 9:23 pm

Wow. The price for my last link (Nov. 23-29) jumped from $603 to $795. :(

EmailKid Apr 20, 17 11:26 pm


Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 28208475)
Wow. The price for my last link (Nov. 23-29) jumped from $603 to $795. :(

Crazy low prices don't last @:-)

Ask me how I know :eek: :(

mpiotrow Apr 21, 17 9:01 am


Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 28208806)
Crazy low prices don't last @:-)

Ask me how I know :eek: :(

How do you know? ;) (hey, you said to ask!)

rjp123 Apr 22, 17 3:36 am

Can someone help me to figure out how to price this from YYZ? Sorry I can't seem to do it on my own - I expect to be $200 more than EWR or ORD - just trying to understand the approach via Google Flights.

Thank you in advance!

Kmxu Apr 22, 17 8:19 am

YYZ-TPE is better at $535
 

Originally Posted by rjp123 (Post 28213805)
Can someone help me to figure out how to price this from YYZ? Sorry I can't seem to do it on my own - I expect to be $200 more than EWR or ORD - just trying to understand the approach via Google Flights.

Thank you in advance!

Here is one for YYZ-TPE for $535, with one stop at SFO.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE

EmailKid Apr 22, 17 11:45 am


Originally Posted by mpiotrow (Post 28210079)
How do you know? ;) (hey, you said to ask!)

I have waited an hour too long, only to see price back to normal :mad:

Some of these fares are out there and gone within two hours of being posted here.

AUS-UIO (won't make you look it up, it's qUIOto, Ecuador) was never posted here as far as I know, but SecretFlying had it for $326 roundtrip on DL. No mention of AA or UA, yet a few hours later they matched.

Flying to South America is usually very expensive, so I assumed this would be gone by next day. Lo and behold, this deal, mind you with very few dates left, lasted TWO months :eek:

So you never know, but I've missed a few deals, sometimes by less than an hour.

rjp123 Apr 28, 17 9:52 am


Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 28214419)
Here is one for YYZ-TPE for $535, with one stop at SFO.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE

Thanks! I just returned from this one - easy peasy!

I need one more TPAC run this year to ensure I keep my Platinum.

Kmxu Apr 29, 17 8:13 am

For IAD folks
 
IAD-MNL, Sept. 4-6, for $613.06. I am surprised that this fare lasted so long. :)

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Richym99 Jun 21, 17 7:00 pm

Still going strong.

Just fare locked a more leisurely MR. starting at EWR then IAH-HNL-GUM-MNL-GUM-NRT-IAH-LGA with over night stops in HNL, MNL and NRT. $645 for 21,400 miles out 9/30 back 10/4.

KAFlyer Jun 21, 17 8:43 pm


Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 28244506)
IAD-MNL, Sept. 4-6, for $613.06. I am surprised that this fare lasted so long. :)

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

Any options after September 6?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:39 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.