Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: EWR-SFO-SIN rt $652 ai, 2.9 cpm

UA: EWR-SFO-SIN rt $652 ai, 2.9 cpm

Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I used Google Flights and did not utilize the multi-city routing - just plugged in LGA as the origin (LGA-DEN/ORD-SFO-SIN and return). I didn't play around too much with the dates but it seems like this fare is available throughout most of the year (with the option of staying in SIN for a couple of days). You can also get a ~$670 fare ex-EWR but most of those routings seem to go through HKG, with some NRT routings.

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I don't have particular dates in mind yet...was thinking something in/around September though. As for the length, I probably would want to spend a little time out there (a week or more). Are you using Google Flights to search for the fares? If so, what multi-city routing are you putting in? When I price your first example, I'm getting $831 on GF, and that doesn't have the direct SIN-SFO on the way back. (https://goo.gl/flights/PgQk) If you can explain how you're doing it, and where, I'm more than happy to try to search more on my own (since I'll actually be wanting to find something out of DEN, if possible)! Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:32 pm

I'm still unsure if I want to give up AA EXP and shoot for UA 1K.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Similar, yes...but the SFO routing is definitely the best cpm. From the little bit of searching I did, the SFO flights seem to have the cheapest options, and they're the longest flights.

EWR-SFO-SIN: 11011 miles
EWR-NRT-SIN: 10056 miles
EWR-HKG-SIN: 9653 miles
I am confused, if I buy this ticket, I don't get these miles you listed, but only 25% of it. How does this make a good run?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Why don't you tell us why you think you're only getting 25% mileage first????
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:53 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by seasurfer
I am confused, if I buy this ticket, I don't get these miles you listed, but only 25% of it. How does this make a good run?
EQM (status) vs redeemable (award) miles...?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
I'm in!

Just bought the 3/14-16 quick turn....looking to hang out with the butterflies in Changi for an hour or so....maybe catch a swim in the hotel pool. I'm actually going EWR-SFO-SIN-SFO-BOS, and according to my receipt I'm getting 22,157 PQM for my $768.26, or 3.4 cpm. Here's where it gets interesting, for $600 & 30k mile each way, I'm hoping to get upgraded to Polaris. Even at $1968.26 I'm getting 8.8cpm, which is well below my personal "pay-ne" threshold of 10 cpm for J. And if I don't get upgraded on all segments (fingers crossed, e-row seats already booked), the cpm could go way down. Of course, YMMV.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:59 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
EWR-NRT-SIN - $650

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...8;q=jfk+to+kbp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.