Search

Student only w/ID AA/BA: $450 one-way LCY-US major destinations via BA1/2 biz

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:51 pm

Edit: Nvm

Last edited by nickcirc; Jan 16, 2017 at 9:03 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are these bulk/consolidator fares that don't earn miles?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
JFK-LCY leg showing as "Not Confirmed" on AA reservations side b/c BA rejected it. Doubt that it will successfully ticket without human intervention.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
JFK-LCY leg showing as "Not Confirmed" on AA reservations side b/c BA rejected it. Doubt that it will successfully ticket without human intervention.
But the other leg did? That's still progress. Mine are still pending on the AA website even though i have pending charges.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Booked 2 LAX-JFK-LCY tickets via UR, 750each. Will see if it tickets... If it doesn't, I'll cancel within the 24hr window.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Hi everyone,

I just cancelled my SEA-JFK-LCY rt tickets, the rep on the phone said the JFK-LCY legs have been cancelled so I told her to cancel the whole thing.

Most likely same outcome for everyone.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by redadeco
Hi everyone,

I just cancelled my SEA-JFK-LCY rt tickets, the rep on the phone said the JFK-LCY have been cancelled so I told her to cancel the whole thing.

why would you call?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by greycap7
why would you call?
Initially I booked two one ways, when I tried to book the inbound the payment didn't go through for one credit card but was successful using another one so I called to make sure I wasn't getting double charged, then I found out about the cancellation of JFK-LCY both ways so I asked the rep to cancel the whole thing.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I just cancelled my SEA-JFK-LCY rt tickets, the rep on the phone said the JFK-LCY legs have been cancelled so I told her to cancel the whole thing.

Initially I booked two one ways, when I tried to book the inbound the payment didn't go through for one credit card but was successful using another one so I called to make sure I wasn't getting double charged, then I found out about the cancellation of JFK-LCY both ways so I asked the rep to cancel the whole thing.
well usually for there's error fares the first rule is not calling the airline. It's highly unlikely you would've been double charged. However the damage is done.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:44 pm

well usually for there's error fares the first rule is not calling the airline. It's highly unlikely you would've been double charged. However the damage is done.
I was on the phone with studentuniverse, not AA or BA.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
I was on the phone with studentuniverse, not AA or BA.
Facepalm. That's even worse since this is an OTA glitch.

But the other leg did? That's still progress. Mine are still pending on the AA website even though i have pending charges.
Yup. Other legs shows as confirmed. You can see the first leg if you pull up the reservation in the mobile app.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:53 pm

I was offered to take JFK-LHR-JFK (in Y obviously) instead of the LCY legs for my dates which I refused, so most likely the OTA found out about it.

Let's wait and see.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:10 pm

Yup. Other legs shows as confirmed. You can see the first leg if you pull up the reservation in the mobile app.
I was offered to take JFK-LHR-JFK (in Y obviously) instead of the LCY legs for my dates which I refused, so most likely the OTA found out about it.

Let's wait and see.
nothing to wait and see. Both my flights were ticketed and both were changed from LCY to LHR.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Hi everyone,

As others have said, don't call.

You need nerves of steel here. You've paid and you've got a ticket number and your other legs are confirmed. You've got a confirmation email. Don't call. Turn up on the day and see how far you get. If you call and get moved to an LHR flight at that point, what was the point of booking in the first place?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
This is IMHO not a OTA glitch (at least not totally). ITA Matrix find the tickets too, but shows no availability. The culprit is probably whoever loaded economy fares on the AA codeshares into the GDS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.