Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2017!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
“Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2017 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by Rojo
You mean LIR = Liberia, Costa Rica
LIB = Limbunya, Australia

Yes, sorry, I'm not up to speed on my airport codes. It's Costa Rica
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:21 pm

I don't know if this counts, but I found a route that yielded 4.8cpm on United from LAX to Osaka with a same day turn around. $628 for 13054 miles, some days are a little bit more expensive than others.

Sample fare, leaving LAX on the 9th of May: https://goo.gl/flights/OaHg
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:04 pm

UAL EWR-HKG In March $699 RT on a nonstop. 16120 PQM.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:50 pm

UA/NH LAX-KUL-LAX $523 r/t
Ex: 5/10-18/17
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:30 am

AT JFK-MXP-JFK $405 r/t 23-hr layover in CMN
Ex: 5/10-17/17
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:31 pm

was wondering a lot of PR fare is being discussed, turned out they have a sale currently. book until Mar 24.

economy:
https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...exdist_economy

business:
https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...xdist_business
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
Originally Posted by danielm
Thanks for posting. I made use. Did some playing around, but couldn't get it to trigger the pricing unless I used BKK and TYO/FUK/KIX. Any other combinations you found? Had another look today, and the fares are still there, but now with another 0 at the end.
Is something happening in late march to early April? Is this supposed to be high season why are all the fares I looked at so high?

I've been looking at options for germany or eastern europe to south east asia and I have found nothing reasonable, if someone has posted it some place let me know pls.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by jdaniel
Is something happening in late march to early April? Is this supposed to be high season why are all the fares I looked at so high?
Easter breaks, maybe?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:02 am

CMH - KUL, UA/NH, $692; Now thru DEC

CMH - KUL, UA/NH, $692; Now thru DEC (spotty over the summer).

Also available out of CLE and CVG for same price and availability.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dalat767
UA/NH LAX-KUL-LAX $523 r/t
Ex: 5/10-18/17
Works as an open jaw as well (ex LAX or ex SAN)

SAN-KUL-MNL-LAX ~$433 priced on google (the flights on UA through SFO I picked were not bookable online).

One more chance to ride the Queen of the Skies on UA before they are retired.

Here's a sample (sans the 747 sector) ex-SAN:

SAN-LAX-NRT-KUL
MNL-HND-LAX

https://goo.gl/flights/xFPR

Also you can substitute SIN or BKK for MNL for a negligible difference in fare, which might work better for some people.

-IR

Last edited by irelayer; Mar 20, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi folks,

Lufthansa has great sub €450 roundtrips over Easter from BRU-FRA-IAH-LIB. IAH-LIB operated by UA. If you prefer flying UA the whole way there are also fares around €410 for the same route.

http://www.momondo.co.uk/flightsearc...false&NA=false

There are also other good deals around this price with the same route but to other Central American countries e.g. Nicaragua, Panama.
Just a small update on this. Even booking K with LH they are now offering me to offer for upgrades to PE and Business. So for example if the lowest bid for PE is accepted for the two long haul flights (FRA-IAH), the total cost would be €610 return (BRU - LIR) and the two PE legs would get the PE miles, which is around 5,000 each way if memory serves.

Also, these deals to Central America seem to be running in May too, though not sure about upgrade possibilities.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
FI (Icelandair): PDX-KEF-ZRH-KEF-PDX
$385
overnight on the outbound

Could only see dept for Apr 19, but you might be able to find more.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Just a small update on this. Even booking K with LH they are now offering me to offer for upgrades to PE and Business.
I've seen that too, but the lowest possible bid was higher than booking PE in the first place. Same goes for the "fixed price" upgrades to C.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux
I've seen that too, but the lowest possible bid was higher than booking PE in the first place. Same goes for the "fixed price" upgrades to C.
I can't say for sure on all, but when I was booking PE was at least €1,500 return (albeit for all legs). To have it at €600 return in Y with PE on the FRA-IAH and IAH-FRA parts I still feel is a pretty good deal. But perhaps it is so low for PE for May, I haven't checked that.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:53 am

NYC-BCN, $377, AA, Nonstop

NYC-BCN, $377, AA, nonstop, Nov thru Feb.
NYC-BCN, ~$400, nonstop, Sept - Oct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.