Go Back   > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 17, 17, 7:31 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
Happy 2017!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2017 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 8, 17, 10:02 am   #406
  
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 91
MAD/BCN - LHR - MCT RTN on IB/BA for €199 between OCT-MAR via IB.com
Travel-Quinten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 17, 11:49 am   #407
  
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownite View Post
UA: $294

LAX-MNL NH
SIN-LAX UA
Only december
Sample dates?
nobodyherebutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 17, 6:32 pm   #408
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 60137
Posts: 10,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme View Post
Sample dates?
4th-11th Dec
4th-12th Dec
4th-13th Dec
4th-14th Dec
4th-18th Dec
4th-19th Dec

Nice ow to Honolulu!
sonofzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 17, 8:29 pm   #409
  
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeus View Post
4th-11th Dec
4th-12th Dec
4th-13th Dec
4th-14th Dec
4th-18th Dec
4th-19th Dec

Nice ow to Honolulu!
Thanks. But Google Flights prices those dates at a minimum of $412 (all UA). NH on the way out raises that to $500+. I'm guessing this is gone.
nobodyherebutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 17, 2:18 pm   #410
  
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
Programs: UA 1K, *G, UA PE, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Posts: 264
I discovered a lot of Google (UA) fares are in fact not available on UA.
What happens is when I attempt to ticket I get a perpetually spinning thing and then....nothing.
When I then go to UA to attempt to ticket the fare is a great deal higher.
Is it just me? Or is UA subverting Google?
Should I be clearing my cache every time? It could be obvious I am MR shopping...


It also appears sometimes there may be no mileage accumulation (without a warning that this is a BE fare---and these are G and K fares in some cases) OR the mileage accumulation may be ridiculously low, like 600 for what should be 2500 miles.
I'm mostly using Firefox, which has a lot of glitches these days. Should I use another ISP?
landrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 17, 7:20 pm   #411
2017 FT Secret Santa
  
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BOS
Programs: UA, DL, B6, AA, 2V
Posts: 2,305
It's Google's cache that's out of date.

Mileage accrual estimates have been broken forever. I wouldn't trust it. Plan on earning your RDM rate based on status. The only fare that doesn't earn PQM/PQD that you can book directly from United is N for BE. G and K will accrue normally.
diburning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 17, 5:46 pm   #412
  
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,529
Vancouver - Copenhagen
$431CDN Icelandair
Sunday departure fro January 14 - End of February and March 9.
Minimum 3 night stay.
$477 to Oslo or Stockholm

Looks like a base fare of $55.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 14, 17 at 10:42 pm Reason: References to FD are only allowed in the Trick It thread
tracon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 17, 9:51 pm   #413
  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Platinum 1MM,CM Platinum,Amex Platinum,Hertz CP,Hyatt Globalist,SPG Gold,Vons Club
Posts: 3,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
It's Google's cache that's out of date.

Mileage accrual estimates have been broken forever. I wouldn't trust it. Plan on earning your RDM rate based on status. The only fare that doesn't earn PQM/PQD that you can book directly from United is N for BE. G and K will accrue normally.
I haven't had any issues with google flights and UA. All seems to propagate well for me.
Flying Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 17, 10:08 pm   #414
  
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ORF
Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, IHG Spire, MR Gold
Posts: 1,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrew View Post
I discovered a lot of Google (UA) fares are in fact not available on UA.
What happens is when I attempt to ticket I get a perpetually spinning thing and then....nothing.
When I then go to UA to attempt to ticket the fare is a great deal higher.
Is it just me? Or is UA subverting Google?
Should I be clearing my cache every time? It could be obvious I am MR shopping...


It also appears sometimes there may be no mileage accumulation (without a warning that this is a BE fare---and these are G and K fares in some cases) OR the mileage accumulation may be ridiculously low, like 600 for what should be 2500 miles.
I'm mostly using Firefox, which has a lot of glitches these days. Should I use another ISP?
Google works good for me on united, but if you use multiway or international, there are times I can't replicate the itin on ua.com, but clicking through on google works fine
Flying Machine likes this.
yuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 17, 3:01 am   #415
  
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 53
Found BOS-BKK for $445 on UA/NH
Jan 15 - 18.

Got it to price around $350 out of JFK too.
mbl0687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 17, 7:13 am   #416
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 60137
Posts: 10,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbl0687 View Post
Found BOS-BKK for $445 on UA/NH
Jan 15 - 18.

Got it to price around $350 out of JFK too.
Momondo shows $225 JFK-BKK 1/15-1/18.

Great price for a OW to TYO.
sonofzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 17, 10:07 am   #417
  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C1 & C2
Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Posts: 357
lax-kul $390 R/T UA + ANA

https://www.kayak.com/flights/LAX,ne...-09/2018-01-23
Calgary88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 17, 10:17 am   #418
  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: C1 & C2
Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofzeus View Post
Momondo shows $225 JFK-BKK 1/15-1/18.

Great price for a OW to TYO.
Very nice price for a quick turn.
Does it enough to cover Jet Fuel cost!
Calgary88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:19 am   #419
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NO/PL
Programs: none
Posts: 16
La gru/gig - jnb ow

Excellent price for flights OW between Brazil and South Africa (LATAM)

Dates available between November-December

Sao Paulo - Johannesburg - €200 (OTAs)

Other Brazilian cities with stopover in GRU.

RT flights avalable as well.
jakwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:29 am   #420
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 2MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,018
TOPIC CHECK: This thread is for Good Deals in Economy Class Fares. Fare requests, booking requests and the like do not belong in this thread. Please review the wiki before posting.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum.
Pat89339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top