Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Dl: Btv>atl>nrt>sin (rt 22,276 mqm $844 3.7 cpm)

Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum

Just came across this last night.
BTV>ATL>NRT>SIN (5hr 'layover')
SIN>NRT>ATL>BTV

$844
22,276 MQMs
3.7 CPM

3 days total travel. Also available through DTW instead of ATL.
Looks like prices available Jan>May & Sept>Nov.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL
So I have never done a mileage run before. How would I go about booking that? I would need to travel from DTW. Do I need any special visas to travel on that itinerary? Any general advice about doing this?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk noah95 and Bjacks217 ^^.

This MR is a nice find.

BJacks217 - to learn more about booking MR's start here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ser-guide.html. You should note that depending on where you depart from there could be dramatic changes in price so it may not be such a deal departing from DTW.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:24 pm

Great find!

I'm from Detroit and the cheapest I can find is ~1400-1600 out of DTW.... buttttttt

If you take a $29 bus from Detroit to Toronto and then a cab over to YYZ, maybe $30 for an Uber you can get a $1030 Canadian Dollar ticket.

$1030*.75 = $772.50 USD.

On the way back, skip the leg from DTW -> YYZ.

20400 miles / 772 = 3.66cents / mile for the full trip.

Very tempting. I've already looked at what it would take to stay in Singapore for a day or two to explore before heading home. Looks like no Visa required for US Passport holders.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Nope. USA passports don't need a visa to visit Singapore as a tourist, but make sure your passport doesn't expire soon. IIRC six months' validity is required, but check the details.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Nope. USA passports don't need a visa to visit Singapore as a tourist, but make sure your passport doesn't expire soon. IIRC six months' validity is required, but check the details.
That is what I read as well! Thanks for the confirmation! Exciting... (Long time lurker, and this just may happen.)
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:36 am

Thanks for the advice. I am totally open to driving up to Toronto for this or any other MR. Toronto seems to get some great deals to Europe, and that's not even taking into account the strong dollar.

AdamY, if you could share the routing, I would appreciate it. I am reading the forums, using ITA, and doing my best, but I think ignorance is preventing me from getting where I want to go
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by bjacks217
Thanks for the advice. I am totally open to driving up to Toronto for this or any other MR. Toronto seems to get some great deals to Europe, and that's not even taking into account the strong dollar.

AdamY, if you could share the routing, I would appreciate it. I am reading the forums, using ITA, and doing my best, but I think ignorance is preventing me from getting where I want to go
I also tried to use ITA. For this, you don't need to.

Just go to delta or google flights and put DTW(or YYZ) as start and SIN as the end. Delta will do the rest.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:46 am

Thanks. I just need to put in the right dates and it worked fine. Very much appreciate the help.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
There is another quite lengthy thread, also routes to SIN on DL, with a very handy wiki at the top with advice on booking, what to do there, lounges, etc.:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...i-4-9-cpm.html
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:30 pm

Does anyone have an idae on how long these prices will be good for? I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to join me but will book it ASAP if we know of a date when these prices will expire.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ULDB65
There is another quite lengthy thread, also routes to SIN on DL, with a very handy wiki at the top with advice on booking, what to do there, lounges, etc.:
Originally Posted by AdamY
Does anyone have an idae on how long these prices will be good for? I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to join me but will book it ASAP if we know of a date when these prices will expire.

Thanks in advance.
Of course fares can change in an instant, but please note that this excellent DL SIN MR thread was started in January 2013 with pretty consistent updates since then:

If fares go up before you can pull the trigger and purchase, another deal may come along.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Wow that would be a fun originating flight! And great MR.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by noah95
Just came across this last night.
BTV>ATL>NRT>SIN (5hr 'layover')
SIN>NRT>ATL>BTV

$844 22,276 MQMs. A3.7 CPM

3 days total travel. Also available through DTW instead of ATL.
Looks like prices available Jan>May & Sept>Nov.
Thanks OP - not very often we see a good MR fare out of BTV!

This is also good for YUL flyers looking for YUL-SIN deals.

Last edited by pfbloom; Dec 29, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.