Search

AA/BA - JFK - ARN $370 rt Oct/Nov

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
AA/BA - JFK - ARN $370 rt Oct/Nov

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-11-07;a=AA

JFK-ARN Available from Oct, Nov and part of Dec. Decent mileage run.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Relatively cheap in other direction too, but must be purchased today. Valid from August 2016.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by cedejah
Decent mileage run.
Is it?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by veeRob
Is it?
As you can see by the amounts of posts i've done, im fairly new to this. So if you want to explain why it isn't I would be most grateful so I know for next time.....
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:27 pm

As you can see by the amounts of posts i've done, im fairly new to this. So if you want to explain why it isn't I would be most grateful so I know for next time.....
AA is devaluing their mileage earning next month, so this won't earn very many miles to AA's program. Books into O class on AA flights, which will only get you 100% earning on Finnair... for now.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Would you say it is decent for EQM as opposed to award miles then? I am trying to hit 12,500 for a AA platinum challenge.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:43 pm

Thanks. Would you say it is decent for EQM as opposed to award miles then? I am trying to hit 12,500 for a AA platinum challenge.
Not sure what you mean comparing EQM to award miles. It has a great earning rate for EQM, so for your purposes it seems perfect.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:04 pm

More EQM and cheaper if you route via HEL.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:36 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Didn't see this fare, but got JFK-LGW in O for $473,- r/t (October dates). AA codeshare, so 100% EQM. The RDM is 1/3rd what it would've been, but I suspect there will be a TATL bonus at that point, which will make up for some of the miles lost... maybe.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:43 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Party is over...
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
AA is devaluing their mileage earning next month, so this won't earn very many miles to AA's program. Books into O class on AA flights, which will only get you 100% earning on Finnair... for now.
(Sigh) Your point makes zero sense at all. Mileage runs are for EQM's. If you want RDM you could buy them on the website for 2 cents or less, and in less than a minute.

There's tons of reasons to be collecting EQM. Just because you may be personally bitter about AA joining every other airline and going revenue-based is no reason to crap on a perfectly good mileage run.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Boogie711
(Sigh) Your point makes zero sense at all. Mileage runs are for EQM's. If you want RDM you could buy them on the website for 2 cents or less, and in less than a minute.

There's tons of reasons to be collecting EQM. Just because you may be personally bitter about AA joining every other airline and going revenue-based is no reason to crap on a perfectly good mileage run.
*cough* overreaction *cough*

Not bitter at all, just saying that most people do mileage runs for the RDM's. If you or the OP are doing it for the EQM's, then great. But I don't think that most of the readers in this forum are happy with a CPM that's JUST for EQM.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Not bitter at all, just saying that most people do mileage runs for the RDM's. If you or the OP are doing it for the EQM's, then great. But I don't think that most of the readers in this forum are happy with a CPM that's JUST for EQM.
Since most people around here at members of US FF programs, the classic RDM MR is dead. The revenue-based calculations make them uncompetitive with purchasing miles when they're put on sale. MRs are now pretty much only for EQMs and status. Otherwise, this forum is good for finding the cheapest way of playing long weekend roulette, to find a nice place to visit cheaply for a few days.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Revenue based earning at that point... few miles. Maybe EQMs.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium

Most MR posts show CPM based on EQM and not RDM. I think the majority do actually do EQM based MRs, contrary to your statement. especially now that big 3 US carriers will revenue based on 8/1 once American completes its copying of UA & DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.