Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: DFW-ORD/LAX/PHX/FLL/LAS/DEN/SAN, from $30 o/w (through portals)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: DFW-ORD/LAX/PHX/FLL/LAS/DEN/SAN, from $30 o/w (through portals)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:49 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
The super-low fares to/from DFW and ORD/LAX/PHX/FLL/LAS/DEN/SAN this fall you probably already know about... travel TuWe (and, often, Sa) and you can find tons of availability starting at $65 r/t. My post is just to note that all these destinations are also available as o/w for half-price.

If you book these through a portal (I used TCB -> Priceline), you can get $5 cashback for each booking, so it makes sense to book a trip as two o/ws, lowering the price to $30.10 / segment or $60.20 per r/t - that's a damn decent price if you're just looking for some cheap EQM. (Just don't expect a ton of RDMs in the post-August 01 new AA world.)

Bookings I made yesterday (Sat) are already tracking on TCB.

Also, interesting to note that the lowest prices / best availability is between DFW and LAX/ORD on the 777. Every 'sale' date I checked had the lowest fare on the trip-7. Go figure. And, elites can grab the 'biz-class' seats, so you'll have a comfy run even if you don't score an upgrade.

And, naturally, minutes after I posted, I see availability drying-up... to/from LAX is almost gone; just a few dates left for ORD; Google flights still shows low fares to/from PHX, but many dates price higher when you click-through to aa.com.

(I'm specifically addressing same-day turns; you may be able to find lots of availability if you're looking at multi-day stays.)

Grab these fares now if you're interested.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jun 12, 2016 at 8:13 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This seems to be a full network Spirit match. Spot checking from MSP I am seeing a match on PHL, AA has been pricing competitively but I've not seen a match before. Also beating Spirit on ORD on select dates.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Do you have dates?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Can you do this via AA.com

I don't play the portal game unless that is the only method of booking these type of fares
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
By "this fall" do you mean after the x miles per $" system goes into effect?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Google Flights shows basically this same RT cost at $81 consistently through December.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Google Flights shows basically this same RT cost at $81 consistently through December.
Not sure when you verified on GF, or to which city or airline...but no $81 anywhere from Aug+.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by machtailwind71
Not sure when you verified on GF, or to which city or airline...but no $81 anywhere from Aug+.
same. i did 2 LAX-DFW runs earlier this year when it was $40 o/w. but i don't see anything now.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:58 pm

I got a 38.10 one way from LAX to LAS
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Guyin
dates?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:17 pm

jun 28/29
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Guyin

It has been between $38&$43 for a few weeks now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.