Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA ATL-RDU $78 o/w

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA ATL-RDU $78 o/w

Seeing fares for this week, possibly later. Routing via CLT. Not the greatest of fares but a decent way to start picking up segments for cheap, especially as AA is still awarding miles by distance flown not by fare paid.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this nets you 356 EQM (actual miles flown).

Under the new structure, plats receive 8x the fare. $78*8=624.

So I'm pretty sure this would actually be one of those rare cases of a fare that you'd be better off booking after the switch over.

Also, correct me (and someone probably will), but aren't segments just about the least cost-effective way of building/maintaining status?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Even with the 500mi minimum these two segments are worth 1,000EQM at 7.8cpm. Not much of a MR.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks OP! I can use this for positioning for the return of my ex-OSL flight.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to work in reverse so I can't use it to add to the end of the inbound ATL - RDU
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
The OP mentions this is good for those who qualify on segments (not EQMs). At $39/segment its not bad. And while I think most would agree segments are more costly vs EQMs to maintain status, some people don't have a choice.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Even with the 500mi minimum these two segments are worth 1,000EQM at 7.8cpm. Not much of a MR.
They're not worth 1000 EQM. You get 356 EQM (actual mileage) and the rest, up to 1000, are bonus RDM miles.

Originally Posted by ssafro1
The OP mentions this is good for those who qualify on segments (not EQMs). At $39/segment its not bad. And while I think most would agree segments are more costly vs EQMs to maintain status, some people don't have a choice.
It's not $39/segment. It's $78/segment. OP refers to one-way flights.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by VisaW
It's not $39/segment. It's $78/segment. OP refers to one-way flights.
However, AA does not fly ATL-RDU nonstop, so this involves a connection in CLT (guessing other connection points aren't allowed at this price, and assuming different flight numbers on each segment). Hence, $39/segment.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
However, AA does not fly ATL-RDU nonstop, so this involves a connection in CLT (guessing other connection points aren't allowed at this price, and assuming different flight numbers on each segment). Hence, $39/segment.
Correct, all of these trips are ATL-CLT-RDU. It's also a far cheaper alternative than most flights between RDU and ATL (DL is typically $110/ow on the route).
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Oops. Gotcha, thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this nets you 356 EQM (actual miles flown).

Under the new structure, plats receive 8x the fare. $78*8=624.

So I'm pretty sure this would actually be one of those rare cases of a fare that you'd be better off booking after the switch over.

Also, correct me (and someone probably will), but aren't segments just about the least cost-effective way of building/maintaining status?
That's RDM. EQM would not change after the switch and would still be 1,000.

They're not worth 1000 EQM. You get 356 EQM (actual mileage) and the rest, up to 1000, are bonus RDM miles.
I've received 500 EQM on sub-500 mile flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.