Wiki Posts
Search

VA LAX to DPS, $567, 2.8cpm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Poster

VA LAX to DPS, $567, 2.8cpm

From the flight deal...

Virgin Australia – $567: Los Angeles – Bali, Indonesia (link)

---

Tons of availability showing in matrix... DL metal possible LAX<-->SYD and (possibly) between BNE too.

ETA: There are a ton of immediate turn options.

Never booked airfare with priceline before. Booked this deal since I can cancel within 24hrs. It's odd that I can't put in FF# information anywhere; online, PL syas to call the airline (and I think I recall hearing somewhere to never call the airline ). What's the latest on MQM, MQD, general happiness, etc. with booking airfare (as a normal TA, not as a blind bid) on priceline?

Can anyone find a way to book this other than priceline?

Cheers

-Sx

Last edited by ScatterX; Apr 17, 2016 at 10:19 am
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
I think VA are transferring some/all Bali services to low cost arm TigerAir .. but this could be a long term thing.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Got this to price the vacation date we wanted on Orbitz. Not sure why it didn't work before, but user error is likely ~99.937% of the problem.

Still curious about the priceline questions above. Anyone got experience using PL to MR on DL?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:59 am

Seems to price out fine on KAYAK and provide lots of booking links ^
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Flew the prior deal DL ($548) SFO-LAX-SYD-DPS in February and was very pleased with VA service between SYD+DPS; return to SYD was on new aircraft late at night, and despite not much connection time in SYD it worked just fine. Ground staff said people do this connection every day. DL credited $370 MQDs and 21,716 MQMs.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:03 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by ScatterX
Still curious about the priceline questions above. Anyone got experience using PL to MR on DL?
The travel agency you use doesn't affect your mileage. What matters is the ticket stock. Look at the ticket number, if it's issued on a Delta ticket (starts with 006) you'll earn MQDs and RDMs on the base fare using the standard Delta rules; if it's issued on Virgin stock (starts with 795) you'll earn based on the partner rules (percentage of miles flown, per http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...australia.html)
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I got it for $347 o/w to combine with $160 BNE-LAX o/w I got earlier this year.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ScatterX
Yes, we have experience with them, personally as well as with clients.

No issues on getting what the fare classes should earn...

Record and Confirmation usually shows up within 4 hours on Delta.com, so you still have plenty of time to review and cancel (if needed) before the 24-hour window (or really midnight the day after purchase)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by QPProletarian
I think VA are transferring some/all Bali services to low cost arm TigerAir .. but this could be a long term thing.
Correct - some of their DPS flights. At this point SYD-DPS (VA65/66, 69/70) and BNE-DPS (VA41/42, VA43/44, VA45/46) are still operated by VA, however PER-DPS and MEL-DPS have been taken over by Tigerair.

Ironically these flights will still be operated by Virgin International in the short term.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:11 am
Original Poster

flightdeal reports this is dead...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.