Wiki Posts
Search

WW: Boston to FRA ($159 - one way)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

WW: Boston to FRA ($159 - one way)

Hello all,

I've been trying to find a flight to Europe on the cheap and skyscanner keeps coming up with one way flights to Cologne for anywhere from $100-$121 but when I get past the month view and select a specific day with that price, it apparently no longer exists.

What I do know is the skyscanner uses historical data from the past 15 days so at some point the flight was actually at that price. What I have noticed though, is that this price keeps fluctuating by a dollar or two every few days so I know it has been at that price recently. I'm wondering if anyone has any information on where this flight may have came from so I could potentially watch this airline and book it the minute it comes up again. Try it yourself: Go to skyscanner, Boston to anywhere for the month of July, and Cologne will be one of the cheapest to come up, I think at $121 at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated! Or if anyone has any info on flights to Europe in July for $150 or less! That's what I'm really looking for! Not too picky on where in Europe

Cheers!
Curtis

Last edited by burrowes.c; Mar 18, 2016 at 11:48 am
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by burrowes.c
Hello all,

I've been trying to find a flight to Europe on the cheap and skyscanner keeps coming up with one way flights to Cologne for anywhere from $100-$121 but when I get past the month view and select a specific day with that price, it apparently no longer exists.

What I do know is the skyscanner uses historical data from the past 15 days so at some point the flight was actually at that price. What I have noticed though, is that this price keeps fluctuating by a dollar or two every few days so I know it has been at that price recently. I'm wondering if anyone has any information on where this flight may have came from so I could potentially watch this airline and book it the minute it comes up again. Try it yourself: Go to skyscanner, Boston to anywhere for the month of July, and Cologne will be one of the cheapest to come up, I think at $121 at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated! Or if anyone has any info on flights to Europe in July for $150 or less! That's what I'm really looking for! Not too picky on where in Europe

Cheers!
Curtis

Try Eurowings and WOWAir, both low cost carriers who operate flights from Boston to Europe.
Eurowings starts flying to Boston on the 1st of June.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, WOWAir isn't bad but nothing for under $150 outside of Iceland. Definitely the best budget airline but no crazy deals. Eurowings had flights going to Boston for 145 euro but you can't select Boston as a departure airport so I would only take it on the way back.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

So it seems like the prices may be coming from the return flight of Boston back to Cologne via Eurowings. Eurowings only allows roundtrip flights booked from Cologne or one way flights from Cologne to Boston. Anyone know of a workaround? Here's the link: https://www.eurowings.com/en/booking...OS/2016-7.html

Last edited by burrowes.c; Mar 17, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Yeah, WOWAir isn't bad but nothing for under $150 outside of Iceland. Definitely the best budget airline but no crazy deals. Eurowings had flights going to Boston for 145 euro but you can't select Boston as a departure airport so I would only take it on the way back.

I really doubt you are going to find a flight $150, especially in July and August.
You can also try Norwegian Airlines.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:36 pm

Bookable from Boston to Frankfurt for $159 on WOW in June https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-06-18;tt=o
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
1) Since its birth, it seems WOW's sweet spot has been the low sides of shoulder seasons.
2) Without looking, I don't remember how far Condor will get you out of PVD.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:39 am

Had the same problem with MIA. Apparently they don't yet sell one-way tix ex C1.

Pretty sure they'll start soon, their website is set up for that already.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

This is from another thread referring to booking from Boston to Cologne:
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
My friend called them and they said the website is only in one direction, but a travel agent can book it in reverse. He native German, so its not my horrible translation.

YMMV
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K- RCC
$159 out of BWI as well. Just need a way back.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mbenz
$159 out of BWI as well. Just need a way back.
Bookable on Wowair.com as r/t $418 via google flights: http://goo.gl/flights/lgW0
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:33 pm

Or the mentioned Eurowings flight to BOS + a BOS-BWI on Spirit for around 50.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Confirmed a travel agent can reverse the flight and book BOS to CGN. Anyone know how to do this without paying a travel agent $25?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:24 pm

Confirmed a travel agent can reverse the flight and book BOS to CGN. Anyone know how to do this without paying a travel agent $25?
Anyone have any luck booking a BOS-CGN. Looking to book a one way but still not possible on the website.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
It would be worth it to pay a travel agent $25 to get a peak season sub-$500 nonstop flight to CGN in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.