FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   Ua: Chi-tyo $435 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1750860-ua-chi-tyo-435-a.html)

tommywill Mar 4, 16 9:19 am

Ua: Chi-tyo $435

Looks like it's back.
Chicago to Tokyo for $435 rtn with United

rolltribe Mar 4, 16 9:59 am

Yup. DL has it too

centauru Mar 4, 16 10:04 am

Originally Posted by tommywill (Post 26283565)
Looks like it's back.
Chicago to Tokyo for $435 rtn with United

Here's a thought for the adventurous ...

ORD-GUM , GUM-HNL (Island Hopper) , HNL-ORD

jpvetter Mar 4, 16 10:10 am

Sure hope AA matches...

yousavvy Mar 4, 16 11:38 am

Yeah, I hope AA matches as well. I'm trying to meet my girlfriend in Bali DPS around 3/15. This fare is great. Still trying to find a decent connector using $ or miles. Planing on staying for 2-3 weeks, and bookend with this ord-nrt fare.

Anyone have any ideas? Using my citi thank you points, I can get one stop flights from ord-dps-ord on Qatar for about 67k points. However, with this fare I could drop that down to 35k if I can get a good NRT-DPS-NRT connector

trapped Mar 4, 16 11:52 am

AA Matched!!!!!!

Madone59 Mar 4, 16 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by jpvetter (Post 26283873)
Sure hope AA matches...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-its-back.html

Your wish was granted.

WxDom Mar 4, 16 2:21 pm

Anyone able to wrap island hopper into this? Appreciate any help!

centauru Mar 4, 16 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by WxDom (Post 26285295)
Anyone able to wrap island hopper into this? Appreciate any help!

It should be possible. You'll have to do a multi-city search on United's website broken down by the segments I mentioned a few posts above. The Hopper only runs M-W-F, and it should show up last in the list of flight options.

Kmxu Mar 4, 16 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by centauru (Post 26283825)

For other departure cities such as RIC, ORF, and IAD, the price is about $200 higher. You can search xxx-HNL (day 1); HNL-GUM (day 2), GUM-NRT(day 4) and NRT-xxx (day 4; you can stay at Tokyo for a few days). To make the hopper work, day 1 must be Sun., Tue. or Thur.. I also noticed that Thursday departure is about $50 higher than Sunday departure. There are overnight stays at both HNL and GUM. So, the hotel cost might be substantial. Enjoy. ;)

WxDom Mar 4, 16 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by centauru (Post 26285436)
It should be possible. You'll have to do a multi-city search on United's website broken down by the segments I mentioned a few posts above. The Hopper only runs M-W-F, and it should show up last in the list of flight options.

Yup, I've been playing around a bit but not seem to be having any luck. Anyone else able to add?

WxDom Mar 4, 16 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 26285535)
For other departure cities such as RIC, ORF, and IAD, the price is about $200 higher. You can search xxx-HNL (day 1); HNL-GUM (day 2), GUM-NRT(day 4) and NRT-xxx (day 4; you can stay at Tokyo for a few days). To make the hopper work, day 1 must be Sun., Tue. or Thur.. I also noticed that Thursday departure is about $50 higher than Sunday departure. There are overnight stays at both HNL and GUM. So, the hotel cost might be substantial. Enjoy. ;)

Found it, thanks!

mooses41 Mar 4, 16 6:43 pm

Anyone found dates where these fares are GPU eligible on United?

gsalem94122 Mar 4, 16 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by mooses41 (Post 26286222)

+1... Any dates w/ GPUs working would be appreciated!

CaptainMiles Mar 5, 16 12:37 am

Originally Posted by centauru (Post 26283825)

HNL is permitted on the routing, but GUM is not. I don't think you can squeeze the Island Hopper out of this fare, but would love to be proven wrong.

Originally Posted by mooses41 (Post 26286222)

Ain't gonna happen. This books into K, not eligible for GPU.