UA: $467USD (19803 miles @ 2.36cpm) ORD-GUM-NRT-HNL-ORD April/May

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Ticketed and Confirmed! First time post

http://goo.gl/flights/ZaCc

ORD - Guam can be any date in april and may
Guam - Tokyo must be two days after your departure date from Chicago (you can do a 23 hour layover)

TOKYO - Honolulu - Any date
Honolulu - Chicago- One date after departure: can do a layover

can substitute guam for Honolulu on inbound or Honolulu for guam on outbound
Attached Images    
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 am

Nice. I actually found it for $440 on a few days. But i've already too many trips booked and didn't book in the end
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Now if it was AA I would be booking it right now. AA has been late to the party quite often lol.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Earns 100% on SQ.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: UA
Ahh, for clarification, this looks like an ORD-NRT base fare but with <24hr layovers in GUM and HNL.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Calculation Help, Please

Originally Posted by leimingtang
I am sorry I do not understand the mileage accrual better, but since last year, I believe the mileage is only based on the fare. Of the $467, only about $325 is fare, so about 1500 miles + elite bonuses.

If this is the case, how does one collect 19,803 actual miles? If using SQ to credit the miles or another partner, how do we use our UA elite Premier Gold (Star Gold as well, of course) status to obtain economy plus seating? If I book, and pay with the UA Premier info, then select the seats, and before the flight change the FF info to a partner with whom I do not have elite status, what happens to all the downline seats? Can I still use Star Alliance lounges along the way?

I am not in need of Elite qualification miles or segments, so a partner is ok, but not sure of the mechanics.

If someone has a link to this info, that would be great also.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ljderm
I am sorry I do not understand the mileage accrual better, but since last year, I believe the mileage is only based on the fare. Of the $467, only about $325 is fare, so about 1500 miles + elite bonuses.

If this is the case, how does one collect 19,803 actual miles? If using SQ to credit the miles or another partner, how do we use our UA elite Premier Gold (Star Gold as well, of course) status to obtain economy plus seating? If I book, and pay with the UA Premier info, then select the seats, and before the flight change the FF info to a partner with whom I do not have elite status, what happens to all the downline seats? Can I still use Star Alliance lounges along the way?

I am not in need of Elite qualification miles or segments, so a partner is ok, but not sure of the mechanics.

If someone has a link to this info, that would be great also.
The problem you're facing is that you're looking at this thread as "19.8k UA RDM to be gained" when the actual intention of the thread is "19.8k UA PQM to be gained". You will not get 19k UA miles flying this for fare-based RDM accrual on UA reasons which you pointed out. That was never the OP's intention though, as most of us will do mileage runs for PQM, not RDM.

I can't answer the questions with regards to FF switching, that's something maybe the UA forum can help you out with.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

delete

Last edited by fumje; Feb 28, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:29 pm

Novice here. Anyone have some more creativity with this one? Looking to book my first trip to Asia. Would appreciate any tips or suggestions!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Nice find OP!
Got $459 but can't seem to force the GUM-NRT on nonstop on UA. It's routing via FUK and FUK-NRT on NH. Want to use a TCV towards flights but can't if NH included...
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus &Hawiann
Nice

I am seriously considering booking this, just need to find a way to get from YYZ to ORD.

Great find Never been to Gaum.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:30 pm

Has anyone successfully booked this routing recently with a price anywhere near this? Or is the fare gone? I just tried searching the exact same dates/flights that leimingtang booked and it's pricing out just over $1,700.

Maybe I missed my chance!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by SeaFly22
Has anyone successfully booked this routing recently with a price anywhere near this? Or is the fare gone? I just tried searching the exact same dates/flights that leimingtang booked and it's pricing out just over $1,700.

Maybe I missed my chance!
Think you did. What I booked for $450 is now $1950
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Out of curiosity, are people MR'ing on UA because they have enough PQD but not enough PQM? Or do they have mailing addresses outside the US? Or are they crediting to a foreign program?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Out of curiosity, are people MR'ing on UA because they have enough PQD but not enough PQM? Or do they have mailing addresses outside the US? Or are they crediting to a foreign program?
Great question...I'm curious as well As a former UA elite (now AS elite), the reason I left UA was because I had the opposite problem...plenty of PQM, but not enough PQD which made mileage running on UA kinda pointless since my goal was to keep my cpm in the 2-4 cent range. When they followed DL's lead and went with the PQD, I knew my mileage running days on UA were essentially over (and thankfully I found AS ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.