Programs: AA, Delta, and United
Aa: Ord - pek rt $508

Dates I used Feb. 10 returning Feb. 15

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...7,PEKORD0AA186
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:03 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-ua-508-a.html
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I have this on hold for March14th until March 17th (i guess i wont need a visa for this right?)

Anyways, I am coming from Aus. Need to figure out cheapest way to get to ORD from AUS/DFW/IAH

Cant seem to figure out what works!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
You will need a visa if you return to the same country on your return flight; i.e. DFW-PEK-DFW

China's 72-hour transit visa only works if you are returning via a 3d country: a return via Tokyo or Hong Kong or Seoul would qualify, even if it is only a connection stop to a U.S. destination. The rationale is that you are "transiting" PEK on your way to NRT/ICN/HKG (even though your stop there is very short).

Last edited by pfbloom; Jan 23, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pfbloom
You will need a visa if you return to the same country on your return flight; i.e. DFW-PEK-DFW

China's 72-hour transit visa only works if you are returning via a 3d country: a return via Tokyo or Hong Kong or Seoul would qualify, even if it is only a connection stop to a U.S. destination. The rationale is that you are "transiting" PEK on your way to NRT/ICN/HKG (even though your stop there is very short).
Or you build in a RT PEK-HKG-PEK inside your layover. 15,000 avios if i remember right
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by WriterGirlLinds
Dates I used Feb. 10 returning Feb. 15

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...7,PEKORD0AA186
Add a connection at DFW, the CPM will go down.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:34 pm

Ok, I ended up holding a ticket thats from the 10th until the 19th. I guess in the middle I can get a cheap ticket to somewhere else. Is that possible? So, basically I spend 2 days in Beijing then spend few days in another country and then spend 2 more days before flying back to the US.

Do I need a Visa for this? Will I have problem getting on the flight from the US?

Thanks!

Last edited by ss2000; Jan 24, 2016 at 12:03 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by ss2000
Ok, I ended up holding a ticket thats from the 10th until the 19th. I guess in the middle I can get a cheap ticket to somewhere else. Is that possible? So, basically I spend 2 days in Beijing then spend few days in another country and then spend 2 more days before flying back to the US.

Do I need a Visa for this? Will I have problem getting on the flight from the US?

Thanks!
yes, you will need a confirmed ticket out of china in order to board. you can't buy a ticket in china to enter as a twov. separate tickets are fine.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
can anyone suggest - for using SWU should I choose ord-pek or dfw-pek? which has consistent space? I need to depart on sat/sun
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by moyeung
yes, you will need a confirmed ticket out of china in order to board. you can't buy a ticket in china to enter as a twov. separate tickets are fine.
yes, ill get a confirmed ticket. but will AA have any issues with me cause my trip is over a week long even though i have a trip out of china within that trip.
So, basically its going to look like this:

US-China-HKG-China-US
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:14 am

yes, ill get a confirmed ticket. but will AA have any issues with me cause my trip is over a week long even though i have a trip out of china within that trip.

US-China-HKG-China-US
they shouldn't as long as your flight leaving china is within the 72 hour window and you have proof that you are booked on it. same thing when you check in at HKG.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by moyeung

US-China-HKG-China-US
they shouldn't as long as your flight leaving china is within the 72 hour window and you have proof that you are booked on it. same thing when you check in at HKG.
Thats correct but plan on at least 15-30 mins "arguing" in the US about it. Everytime here i have that problem them finding the damn TWOV rules. In HKG no issues, very fast approval as all the CX agents knew of the rule.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Thats correct but plan on at least 15-30 mins "arguing" in the US about it. Everytime here i have that problem them finding the damn TWOV rules. In HKG no issues, very fast approval as all the CX agents knew of the rule.
I've had mixed results. Now I stop them as they try to look for visa in my passport and tell them it's TWOV. Always have printout handy as well as itin of my next flight.

And yes, they are used to this in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.